TRANSCRIPT: Trump Foreign Policy Speech

Let me say, I have never been excited about Donald Trump as president. I was looking to find something to disagree with in this speech. However, not only did he address all the issues regarding foreign policy that I wanted to hear about, it turns out that Trump's foriegn policy appears to be in line with mine.

you must be in the ron paul camp like me.
Big fan of Ron Paul ;)

Let me say, I have never been excited about Donald Trump as president. I was looking to find something to disagree with in this speech. However, not only did he address all the issues regarding foreign policy that I wanted to hear about, it turns out that Trump's foriegn policy appears to be in line with mine.

Big fan of Ron Paul ;)
Me too.

This is why Trump is of interest to us, but I can't help but think he too may turn out to be a disaster. That said, I think those of us objective and knowledgeable, KNOW Hillary will be a disaster...IMO she just might get us into WWIII.

So...it is the lesser of two evils again.

Big fan of Ron Paul ;)
Me too.

This is why Trump is of interest to us, but I can't help but think he too may turn out to be a disaster. That said, I think those of us objective and knowledgeable, KNOW Hillary will be a disaster...IMO she just might get us into WWIII.

And that's the part that sucks. It's either a a big fat douch or a giant turd sandwich.

Big fan of Ron Paul ;)
Me too.

Key word is you THINK ;)

This is how I feel about it. We know what we'll get with the others (Clinton, Cruz, Kasich). Status quo and more of the same. They're all the same pretty much the same, yes they have their differences, but at the end of the day they'll get in office and continue kicking the can down the road. We cannot afford that shit anymore. Trump on the other hand has every intention of getting in office and actually doing something. Not just paying lip service. Some are going to say that he can't just do things willy nilly and needs to work with Congress, which is 100% correct.

So how will he get things done? If you have been paying any attention to him at all, he's been showing us all along. Trump gives ZERO fucks about either party, donors, lobbyists, special interests etc etc. I think you'd agree with that? I mean saying the Bush Admin may have lied about 9/11 is something only a Republican with basketball sized huevos would say, not too mention these 2 quotes from his speech yesterday: "Our goal is peace and prosperity, not war and destruction" "We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism." Did he just say NO to globalism?!!! Thats YUGE......took a giant set of balls to say that. Bravo Trump. A Republican talking about peace and prosperity over war? WTF?! See the pattern here? His message is about America first. Of course the RWNJ's will pervert that message and call him an isolationist and the liberals will compare it to Hitler.

So back on point on how he will get things done. The paragraph above is a huge clue. Trump would NOT side with his party on an issue(s) if it didn't benefit America and it's people. He'd want the best solution to the problems we as a nation face no matter what side of the isle it came from. He owes no one (donors/lobbyists,special interests etc) ANYTHING, so his solutions will be rooted in whats best for America/Americans. That makes him 'dangerous' in Washington. I can see him negotiating with both parties for the best possible solution and if neither party is willing to compromise he'd more than likely call them BOTH out for failing to come to a viable solution. There'd be no pointing at the guys across the isle anymore. He'll hold EVERYONE accountable.

In closing this is what I believe we need. A President beholden to no one but the American people...period. Trump is that person. He's proven it time and time again.

Big fan of Ron Paul ;)
Me too.

Key word is you THINK ;)

This is how I feel about it. We know what we'll get with the others (Clinton, Cruz, Kasich). Status quo and more of the same. They're all the same pretty much the same, yes they have their differences, but at the end of the day they'll get in office and continue kicking the can down the road. We cannot afford that shit anymore. Trump on the other hand has every intention of getting in office and actually doing something. Not just paying lip service. Some are going to say that he can't just do things willy nilly and needs to work with Congress, which is 100% correct.

So how will he get things done? If you have been paying any attention to him at all, he's been showing us all along. Trump gives ZERO fucks about either party, donors, lobbyists, special interests etc etc. I think you'd agree with that? I mean saying the Bush Admin may have lied about 9/11 is something only a Republican with basketball sized huevos would say, not too mention these 2 quotes from his speech yesterday: "Our goal is peace and prosperity, not war and destruction" "We will no longer surrender this country, or its people, to the false song of globalism." Did he just say NO to globalism?!!! Thats YUGE......took a giant set of balls to say that. Bravo Trump. A Republican talking about peace and prosperity over war? WTF?! See the pattern here? His message is about America first. Of course the RWNJ's will pervert that message and call him an isolationist and the liberals will compare it to Hitler.

So back on point on how he will get things done. The paragraph above is a huge clue. Trump would NOT side with his party on an issue(s) if it didn't benefit America and it's people. He'd want the best solution to the problems we as a nation face no matter what side of the isle it came from. He owes no one (donors/lobbyists,special interests etc) ANYTHING, so his solutions will be rooted in whats best for America/Americans. That makes him 'dangerous' in Washington. I can see him negotiating with both parties for the best possible solution and if neither party is willing to compromise he'd more than likely call them BOTH out for failing to come to a viable solution. There'd be no pointing at the guys across the isle anymore. He'll hold EVERYONE accountable.

In closing this is what I believe we need. A President beholden to no one but the American people...period. Trump is that person. He's proven it time and time again.

I stopped at they are all the same. Trump kept the establishment in power with his alleged vast billions. Clinton and Kasich are retreads sure, but Cruz since 2012 when he was elected to senate in opposition to All you mentioned and more yet you say he is the same? Boner plays golf with Trump calls Cruz lucifer? Would like to ask, how is Trump some type of rebel and not note of the same? Even his campaign manager says as much.

Big fan of Ron Paul ;)
Me too.

Key word is you THINK ;)

I stopped at they are all the same. Trump kept the establishment in power with his alleged vast billions. Clinton and Kasich are retreads sure, but Cruz since 2012 when he was elected to senate in opposition to All you mentioned and more yet you say he is the same? Boner plays golf with Trump calls Cruz lucifer? Would like to ask, how is Trump some type of rebel and not note of the same? Even his campaign manager says as much.
If you wouldn't have stopped reading, your questions were answered

Big fan of Ron Paul ;)
Me too.

Key word is you THINK ;)

I would like to think your opinion of Trump is correct. There is no question that Hillary would do the bidding of the military industrial complex, Wall Street bankers, and the 1%. So in my book, she is disqualified. Now as for Trump, we can only hope he does the right things for the American people, rather than the oligarchy.

Should he be effective in controlling the border and stopping illegal immigration, that would be a huge win for the American people. We know for certain, the other candidates will NEVER do these things.

Big fan of Ron Paul ;)
Me too.

Key word is you THINK ;)

Read it all. Still not convinced so it's a "wait and see" for me. Still, he has already alienated a guy who has never said, this or that but did what Trump said. And he did this while trump was handing millions to the people he was saying are so bad. In other words, he is speaking out both sides of his mouth. Meh, like I said. I'll wait and see.

George's bank? He's pals with all of them. He said initially he was one of the people that bought politicians and he knows how the game is played and he has. The guy is a bona fide member of the elite squad. He is pals with all of them.

It's not just Hillary's hit machine. It's the GOP and the money that is backing some of them. The division in the US is like a game between billionaires. The initial attraction of Trump was that he had decided to make this move directly rather than funding candidates. It was more of an in your faces thang.

Have to agree, but it doesn't make me feel any better about Trump. Not the guy I want at all and I have zero faith, but alas, my denial must come to an end. He is our guy. So, in November I will go and vote for him and really really hope he beats Hillary.

I'm not voting for him.

I'm not voting for Hillery. I consider that a start.

I'm not voting for her either.
I would like to believe Trump is NOT a warmonger. He did say this yesterday...

“Our goal is peace and prosperity, not war and destruction,” Trump said. “The best way to achieve those goals is through a disciplined, deliberate and consistent foreign policy."

We know Hillary is a warmonger (well some of us know this fundamental truth), so that alone should disqualify her.

War is ALWAYS the health of the State.

He's playing the benevolent dictator card. We are going to Iran and we are going to Korea.

President Obama watches helplessly as North Korea increases its aggression and expands even further with its nuclear reach.

That's not even close to accurate. The plan has been widely discussed and is no secret. The US firmly supports unification. Obama told Park Geun-hye, "It's ok with me just ask your mother." Park has been back and forth between the US and China and has everybody's approval. They say peaceful but everybody is aware it isn't going to be peaceful and many have publicly acknowledged it. So, now we amp it up to make it a righteous move. Now, Park is not a peaceful person and jails her opponents. So, why? Long term economic benefits.

How is this ultimately different from our foreign policy in the last 100 years? It's not.

He doesn't have to be all in someone's face with fist raising. He's using key phrases or making reference to views that infer otherwise. Ok. I'm down to typing with one eye open.

Big fan of Ron Paul ;)
Me too.

Key word is you THINK ;)

I would like to think your opinion of Trump is correct. There is no question that Hillary would do the bidding of the military industrial complex, Wall Street bankers, and the 1%. So in my book, she is disqualified. Now as for Trump, we can only hope he does the right things for the American people, rather than the oligarchy.

Should he be effective in controlling the border and stopping illegal immigration, that would be a huge win for the American people. We know for certain, the other candidates will NEVER do these things.

It's no secret that trump won't either. he has said as much. And Ron Paul? he retired for a reason. His district was going to unelected him. that said, why didn't Rand Paul get more traction? I thought he would do much better then he did.

I have a secret plan to defeat ISIS, I can't tell you what it is because it is a secret. I don't want ISIS to know what we will do, but they will be wiped out and fast. :cuckoo:
Thats because he's going to wait for the US Military/Allies to put together a detailed outline of their attack plans to drop onto the battlefield so that IS can study it and prepare a defense silly.

Really? I mean really?
What made you think he will do any different from what Putin and Obama are doing now? Maybe he will drop a nuclear bomb. s

I've linked the full transcript below. Below is a lead in:

Thank you for the opportunity to speak to you, and thank you to the Center for the National Interest for honoring me with this invitation.

I would like to talk today about how to develop a new foreign policy direction for our country – one that replaces randomness with purpose, ideology with strategy, and chaos with peace.

It is time to shake the rust off of America’s foreign policy. It's time to invite new voices and new visions into the fold.

The direction I will outline today will also return us to a timeless principle. My foreign policy will always put the interests of the American people, and American security, above all else. That will be the foundation of every decision that I will make.

America First will be the major and overriding theme of my administration.

But to chart our path forward, we must first briefly look back.

We have a lot to be proud of. In the 1940s we saved the world. The Greatest Generation beat back the Nazis and the Japanese Imperialists.

Then we saved the world again, this time from totalitarian Communism. The Cold War lasted for decades, but we won.

Democrats and Republicans working together got Mr. Gorbachev to heed the words of President Reagan when he said: “tear down this wall.”

History will not forget what we did......

-CONTINUE READING HERE-

Keep this up, and USMB is going to have to be listed on Trump's list of donors.

only thing I can think that justifies the willful ignorance of Trump's lies is that ya'll miss Ron Paul. dunno. it's sad .

Well, if I said we are sending 500,000 troops who will stay at least 20 years, do you know where they will attack first from that info?
Obviously not, but it does give the American people an idea of what the potential cost in blood and treasure will be. Trump believes the American people are not worth that knowledge!!!
No but they'll know a shit load of warfighters are on the way and they will be staying for a long time. Wake up Ed. We will wage an unconventional war on these clowns. Thats how you win and how you win fast
Hogwash!
If you think carpet bombing their families will defeat ISIS you are as crazy as Trump!
Dude who said anything about carpet bombing?
So how do you suppose Trump will kill the families of ISIS, and don't deny Trump said that he would do just that.
Quit with the straw men. BTW he didn't say he was going to kill them, he said he was going to go after them. There's a huge difference.
Go after them like chasing them in the desert?

Thank you for the opportunity to speak to you, and thank you to the Center for the National Interest for honoring me with this invitation.

I would like to talk today about how to develop a new foreign policy direction for our country – one that replaces randomness with purpose, ideology with strategy, and chaos with peace.

It is time to shake the rust off of America’s foreign policy. It's time to invite new voices and new visions into the fold.

The direction I will outline today will also return us to a timeless principle. My foreign policy will always put the interests of the American people, and American security, above all else. That will be the foundation of every decision that I will make.

We have a lot to be proud of. In the 1940s we saved the world. The Greatest Generation beat back the Nazis and the Japanese Imperialists.

Then we saved the world again, this time from totalitarian Communism. The Cold War lasted for decades, but we won.

Democrats and Republicans working together got Mr. Gorbachev to heed the words of President Reagan when he said: “tear down this wall.”

-CONTINUE READING HERE-

What happened to taking ISIS’s oil?

Lame Duck President Obama has prohibited even bombing the trucks carrying oil because there might be someone, not an ISIS fighter, DRIVING THE TRUCK.

Either you are lying or you are not well informed.
We are talking Trump speech here. Don't change the subject.

US air strikes destroys 283 Isis oil tankers in Syria

Last edited:

-CONTINUE READING HERE-

Yo, good thing he borrowed Obama`s teleprompters?

"GTP"
151222-donald-trump-2015-liar-of-the-year_zpssjiu2w5f.jpg

That anyone who remotely has any idea of the military doctrine, it's capabilities, and it's place in the foreign policy has roundly had a hearty chuckle at Drumpf's ill-fated attempt to sound intelligent on the subject is one thing.

I wonder if we will have a mass resignation of senior military commanders if Drumpf were to get into office?

Forum List

Back