Travel Ban 2.0 DejaVu?

[
He still needs a legit reason . He doesn't have one .
You are full of it.

Oh yeah?

Then tell me . Why did Trump water it down instead of appealing ?

Why is Iraq magically off the new list ?
we are talking about the SECOND one.
He has plenty of reasons. I have put them in this thread.
Now, are you going to tell me how it violates the COTUS or not?

Like I've said a couple times in this thread .

It violates the 1st amendment . The gov can not establish or target a specific religion .
I asked how it does that timmy. I assume its not that hard to come up with an answer considering how you keep saying that. How does it violate the first amendment? How is it targeting a specific religion?

Hawaii and Maryland have put a STOP on Travel Ban 2.0 before it could take effect today. I say BRAVO!!!!

Maybe it is a political maneuver, "judicial overreach," as our President says, but if so, I'm glad there are still people in this country willing to go out on a limb and fight outrageous ideas such as the Executive Order, whether it is exactly within the scope of their job or not.

Last night Trump referred to 2.0 as a "watered down version" of his original E.O., which was lambasted by the courts on numerous fronts. Now he's making noise about going back to the original order--yeah, that should work well! It will be a sweet day when the Supreme Court tells him to quit shitting on the principles of this country and "BTW NO, you can't do this, so stop trying."
So you are happy to see judges ignore the law and issued purely political decisions.
I'm happy to see them standing up for what I believe this country is about. Not fear. Not stinginess. Not hatred.

But it is fear. Fear of trump doing a good job. It is about hatred. Hatred of people who want to keep this nation safe

Safe from who ? The Saudis ? Oh , cause they ain't on the list . Explain that one!

So you righties think Trump has the power to do whatever with immigration ?

Meaning if Obama the secret Muslim said he would ban all Christians from entering the us , that would be fine ?

That's different because he would be banning people of a certain religion. That's not the case here. Most Muslims can still enter the country. However, if DumBama wanted to ban people from a country that was mostly Christian, that's legal.

Just because it doesn't ban ALL. Muslims , doesn't mean it's not a violation of the con.

Imagine a law that banned all ammo clips . You going to argue it's not a gun ban "because you can still own a revolver" .

What it means is that it's not a ban on Muslims since Muslims can still come to this country.

Sure thing Jim Crow . You think fed court judges are blind idiots ?

No, just the liberal ones who don't respect our government structure and abuse their power.

[
He still needs a legit reason . He doesn't have one .
You are full of it.

Oh yeah?

It violates the 1st amendment . The gov can not establish or target a specific religion .
I asked how it does that timmy. I assume its not that hard to come up with an answer considering how you keep saying that. How does it violate the first amendment? How is it targeting a specific religion?

Because he's targeting Muslim majority countries. And his 2nd ban can't escape the damning evidence of his first ban . It shows his true uncon motives .

So you righties think Trump has the power to do whatever with immigration ?

Meaning if Obama the secret Muslim said he would ban all Christians from entering the us , that would be fine ?

That's different because he would be banning people of a certain religion. That's not the case here. Most Muslims can still enter the country. However, if DumBama wanted to ban people from a country that was mostly Christian, that's legal.

Just because it doesn't ban ALL. Muslims , doesn't mean it's not a violation of the con.

Imagine a law that banned all ammo clips . You going to argue it's not a gun ban "because you can still own a revolver" .

What it means is that it's not a ban on Muslims since Muslims can still come to this country.

No, just the liberal ones who don't respect our government structure and abuse their power.

That's what you and trump are doing !

Really? And how is that? Trump is going by the books and by the law. That is using our government structure and power accordingly.

Hawaii and Maryland have put a STOP on Travel Ban 2.0 before it could take effect today. I say BRAVO!!!!

Maybe it is a political maneuver, "judicial overreach," as our President says, but if so, I'm glad there are still people in this country willing to go out on a limb and fight outrageous ideas such as the Executive Order, whether it is exactly within the scope of their job or not.

Last night Trump referred to 2.0 as a "watered down version" of his original E.O., which was lambasted by the courts on numerous fronts. Now he's making noise about going back to the original order--yeah, that should work well! It will be a sweet day when the Supreme Court tells him to quit shitting on the principles of this country and "BTW NO, you can't do this, so stop trying."
So you are happy to see judges ignore the law and issued purely political decisions.
I'm happy to see them standing up for what I believe this country is about. Not fear. Not stinginess. Not hatred.

So you think undermining our justice system is what this country is about?
I consider the Executive Order heinous.

Because?

Really? And how is that? Trump is going by the books and by the law. That is using our government structure and power accordingly.

Talking shit about judges and undermining them is not respecting our system.

You don't see the judges doing interviews about how they think trump is crazy and out of control.

You are full of it.

Oh yeah?

Because he's targeting Muslim majority countries. And his 2nd ban can't escape the damning evidence of his first ban . It shows his true uncon motives .
So what? There are other Nations that are muslim nations and he aint banning them. Is he just keeping muslims from entering?

The president has the authority to ban anyone from entering the USA. This will not end well. Especially since Obastard is behind it.

Talking shit about judges and undermining them is not respecting our system.

You don't see the judges doing interviews about how they think trump is crazy and out of control.

Trump is an American and allowed to opine on anything or anybody he desires. It's called Freedom of Speech. And he's not undermining anybody.

Oh yeah?

So what? There are other Nations that are muslim nations and he aint banning them. Is he just keeping muslims from entering?

You might have an argument if we didn't have trump on tape talking about banning all muslims .

Typical Jim Crow stuff (having reading tests to vote , knowing most blacks could not read). Try to hide the real intentions. Too bad trumps big mouth has already sunk him .

Please elaborate :D

The first amendment . The whole establishment clause if you want to get specific . The gov can't favor one religion over another .
How is this order doing that? Please, be specific again.

It targets these 6 majority Muslim countries. The reasons for doing so are dubious and really just pretext for the Dons true motives .

It doesn't matter what the motives are. He as President by law has the authority to do what he did.....twice. The problem is these leftists judges don't believe in our system of laws, so they move against them. This judge should be removed from the bench.

Too bad that pesky constitution stands in his way! He's prez , not king. He just can't do whatever he wants for whatever reason .

Except the constitution and statutory legislation give him the exact authority he exercised to make the order

The first amendment . The whole establishment clause if you want to get specific . The gov can't favor one religion over another .

It targets these 6 majority Muslim countries. The reasons for doing so are dubious and really just pretext for the Dons true motives .

It doesn't matter what the motives are. He as President by law has the authority to do what he did.....twice. The problem is these leftists judges don't believe in our system of laws, so they move against them. This judge should be removed from the bench.

Too bad that pesky constitution stands in his way! He's prez , not king. He just can't do whatever he wants for whatever reason .
Are you going to explain how this order defies the COTUS or not?

National security isn't a secular purpose apparently

The president has the authority to ban anyone from entering the USA. This will not end well. Especially since Obastard is behind it.

Hmmm no he doesn't . See his multiple court losses on this subject .

Except the constitution and statutory legislation give him the exact authority he exercised to make the order

Except it KEEPS being found to be unconstitutional!!!!!

You might have an argument if we didn't have trump on tape talking about banning all muslims .

Typical Jim Crow stuff (having reading tests to vote , knowing most blacks could not read). Try to hide the real intentions. Too bad trumps big mouth has already sunk him .
He didn't ban all muslims! He didn't even ban one, specifically! He banned ANYONE from certain NAtions that were already on thin ice from OUTSTANDING policies and CONGRESS LEGISLATION.
Those specific countries wont even help us vet them.
You are full of shit. Just like the email that told you what to say.

Here is something coincidental OldLady That judge was appointed by Obama, graduated with Obama and Obama took a unannounced trip to Hawaii by himself on Monday. Just something to consider..

Forum List

Back