Travel Ban 2.0 DejaVu?

How is this order doing that? Please, be specific again.

It targets these 6 majority Muslim countries. The reasons for doing so are dubious and really just pretext for the Dons true motives .

It doesn't matter what the motives are. He as President by law has the authority to do what he did.....twice. The problem is these leftists judges don't believe in our system of laws, so they move against them. This judge should be removed from the bench.

Too bad that pesky constitution stands in his way! He's prez , not king. He just can't do whatever he wants for whatever reason .

Except the constitution and statutory legislation give him the exact authority he exercised to make the order

Except it KEEPS being found to be unconstitutional!!!!!

No, activist judges are abusing the Constitution to create their own law on the bench. There is nothing unconstitutional Trump is doing since foreigners are not protected under our Constitution.

Jesus Christ . You righties always talk big that you are pro constitution , but you'd have the giv wipe its ass wh any amendment that's not the 2nd .

To all of you asking, YES! IF this is a politically motivated decision by the courts, I'm happy they're doing it. They'll be reversed if it isn't valid. I hate this ban and I am grateful for every day our doors stay open.

Let me ask you this: Is national security a secular or a religious purpose?

To all of you asking, YES! IF this is a politically motivated decision by the courts, I'm happy they're doing it. They'll be reversed if it isn't valid. I hate this ban and I am grateful for every day our doors stay open.

What national security? He can't back that claim up either .

I sure hope I never hear anything from you about the law not being applied or something equivalent :D
If the justices are wrong, it will be reversed. This is not the first justice to bring this question. There was quite a bit of talk about it when the justices on the 9th were questioning the lawyers in the first suit. I watched it.
I think just as the Republicans are panting to get Gorsich into the SC to make laws as HE sees fit, so I can be glad the justices in this case see it as THEY do. There's no difference, TN.

One more time, I am not a lawyer. Play Lawyer with someone else. I hate this E.O. and I hope it gets creamed a second time. GET TO WORK doing the vetting studies and leave the symbolic drama of a travel ban at the door. This is all optics. It will serve no purpose but to make Trump's base happy. It will be accomplished at a much higher cost.

Here is something coincidental OldLady That judge was appointed by Obama, graduated with Obama and Obama took a unannounced trip to Hawaii by himself on Monday. Just something to consider..
Well, at least he's not a Russian. I'm glad Obama is on my side and I agree with him 100%

Here is something coincidental OldLady That judge was appointed by Obama, graduated with Obama and Obama took a unannounced trip to Hawaii by himself on Monday. Just something to consider..

From what I understand, he was also a roommate with Obama in college.
I tried to find out who his college roommate was during that time but I cant find anything.

Well, at least he's not a Russian. I'm glad Obama is on my side and I agree with him 100%
LOL, you really blew my mind today.
Same here. You're fussin' like my mother when I wouldn't go to church with her.

Was she fussing because you selfishly ignored laws?

Hawaii and Maryland have put a STOP on Travel Ban 2.0 before it could take effect today. I say BRAVO!!!!

Maybe it is a political maneuver, "judicial overreach," as our President says, but if so, I'm glad there are still people in this country willing to go out on a limb and fight outrageous ideas such as the Executive Order, whether it is exactly within the scope of their job or not.

Last night Trump referred to 2.0 as a "watered down version" of his original E.O., which was lambasted by the courts on numerous fronts. Now he's making noise about going back to the original order--yeah, that should work well! It will be a sweet day when the Supreme Court tells him to quit shitting on the principles of this country and "BTW NO, you can't do this, so stop trying."
So you are happy to see judges ignore the law and issued purely political decisions.
I'm happy to see them standing up for what I believe this country is about. Not fear. Not stinginess. Not hatred.
What they are not standing up for is the rule of law and you are happy about that.

So you are happy to see judges ignore the law and issued purely political decisions.
I'm happy to see them standing up for what I believe this country is about. Not fear. Not stinginess. Not hatred.

So you think undermining our justice system is what this country is about?
I consider the Executive Order heinous.

Not nearly as heinous as judicial activism or judicial legislation.

A judges job is to interpret the law--not agree or disagree with it. When a judge rules that a law on the books for decades is not allowed to be used because "he" doesn't like the law, that's when we should start removing such judges from the bench. There is nothing more un-American than abusing your power as a judge.
And there's nothing more American than everyone thinking they're a lawyer.
That judge is one lawyer who has no respect for the law, just as you apparently have no respect for the law.

Let me as you this, is national security the purpose for the executive order, or just a cover to keep muslims out of the country? As Trump said throughout the campaign, he was going to put a muslim ban in place, which is discriminating by religion, and selecting seven, now make that six, countries, he's discriminating on the basis of national origin. And as any conservative justice would do, they look at the 'intent' of the people who wrote the law, whether they wrote it in 1789 or 2009.

Just stop wagging your finger at me and giving me a lecture because you THINK you know more than me.

Let me as you this, is national security the purpose for the executive order, or just a cover to keep muslims out of the country? As Trump said throughout the campaign, he was going to put a muslim ban in place, which is discriminating by religion, and selecting seven, now make that six, countries, he's discriminating on the basis of national origin. And as any conservative justice would do, they look at the 'intent' of the people who wrote the law, whether they wrote it in 1789 or 2009.
How is he discriminating against religion?

Just stop wagging your finger at me and giving me a lecture because you THINK you know more than me.
I didn't say that. I just said you are selfishly ignoring the law. And I will remember this :D
I love consistency.

Why don't people apply "intent" when they are discussing the rest of the COTUS? Weird how that works.

Forum List

Back