Trey Gowdy Retiring

Gowdy's committee was a travesty of what is good government.

Good riddance.

Seems like the Benghazi! Crapola has put this guy out of a job...good riddance.

Lawmaker: Trey Gowdy to leave the House after 2016

Gowdy launched the eighth investigation into finding green cheese on the moon after the previous seven found none....and he indeed found there is no green cheese on the moon. Surprise surprise.

McCarthy must have embarrassed the shit out of him. I don't blame him for retiring. He doesn't need to be in the Clown Caravan (previously the Bus).

From the article: "But he loves South Carolina and he loves his family, and he wants to go back and spend the rest of his life there."'

Nah, that's not why an ambitious, voracious, bulldog litigator retires in the prime of his political career.

Nope. He sees the writing on the wall and doesn't want to be associated with a bunch of disassociated, pathetic losers who make a 3 Stooges movie seem reasonable.

A self imposed term limit.

That's great !

Now, if we could get people like Alan Grayson to bow out.

He'll become attorney general some day for his State....is my prediction.

I don't think Gowdy begged for the job of heading this committee on Benghazi, in fact, I don't believe he wanted the job at all....

And I had read an article from last March, that he thought Congress was dysfunctional, and that he didn't hang out with any of the congress critters, nor go to the RNC or GoP dinners or functions and meetings they have.....he wasn't in to hanging out with them...

I think the rumor could be correct, and he's a home boy, that wants to get back home.

You'd think a guy who's supposed to be such a great lawyer would do a better job of justifying the continuation of his "investigation", but...

How about the fact that new evidence is still coming in, a good prosecutor doesn't end an investigation before it's complete.

Yeah, "new evidence" will keep coming in right up until the end of next election.

I wonder if he has got enough time in congress to get his exorbiant taxpayer funded pension.

You'd think a guy who's supposed to be such a great lawyer would do a better job of justifying the continuation of his "investigation", but...

How about the fact that new evidence is still coming in, a good prosecutor doesn't end an investigation before it's complete.

Yeah, "new evidence" will keep coming in right up until the end of next election.

Blame the State Dept. their the ones releasing emails on a monthly basis.

Blame the State Dept. their the ones releasing emails on a monthly basis.

Oh, I thought you might mention the leaks made by someone (very likely NOT a Democrat) on the 'ghazi committee:

For the Republican Party’s many Benghazi enthusiasts, the report painted a nefarious picture, based on information the State Department had kept under wraps. Indeed, the fact that then-Secretary of State Hillary Clinton responded, “Thanks, I’m pushing to WH,” raised the prospect of Clinton urging the White House to shape its talking points based on Media Matters’ reports – a revelation that might help explain the GOP-led panel’s interest in David Brock.

There was, however, a problem: the Politico report wasn’t entirely accurate – or more to the point, the Politico report was based in part on information leaked to the news outlet that turned out to be untrue.

Politico’s online edition ultimately ran a correction and deleted the sentence about Clinton’s “I’m pushing to WH” email altogether.

But Politico obviously didn’t make this up; it relied on a source that provided misleading information

To be sure, we’ve grown accustomed to some deceptive leaks from congressional Republicans, especially in the area of Benghazi conspiracy theories, but Gowdy has vowed to run a tight ship. In fact, the South Carolina Republican has specifically boasted, “Serious investigations do not leak information or make selective releases of information without full and proper context.”

Benghazi committee springs a curious leak

Has Gowdy confirmed he is retiring next year, or is this topic still one big circle jerk?

Gowdy launched the eighth investigation into finding green cheese on the moon after the previous seven found none....and he indeed found there is no green cheese on the moon. Surprise surprise.

Since McCarthy fessed up to the real reason (which was already known) Gowdy has no reason to stay on. Maybe he can find a job at Walmart.

Why do you feel the need to lie. Gowdy didn't launch anything, he was appointed by house leadership to head the Select Committee on Benghazi because of his experience as a prosecutor. Also if you actually read the article, Gowdy's office said he has made no announcement on 2016.

Because GOWDY IS A LIAR.

According to your link.......Gowdy hasn't announced anything.

Gowdy's office reacted by saying the congressman hasn't announced anything yet, and seemed to downplay Fleming's comments.

"No, he is not announcing his retirement," Gowdy spokeswoman Amanda Duvall told the Washington Examiner. "He has not made any announcement on 2016, anything else is incorrect."

Fail

Forum List

Back