Trey Gowdy Retiring

He's keeping his desk clear for appointment to the US Attorney General position in 2016.
17 months is a long time to work on perfecting your shrimp and grits recipe.
But enough time to write a book on Hillary... just in time.

oh yeah. :banana:
I like him myself. he seems to be ONE of the honest one LEFT up there. and that damn sure doesn't INCLUDE Hillary, Obama and that whole Democrat party of snakes

Only thing that would be better is if TED CRUZ retired.

This is awesome news for anyone that gives a shit about America leading the world as a world power.
obama is handing it off to Putin. You could always move to Russia and bitch about the infrastructure.

This is awesome news for anyone that gives a shit about America leading the world as a world power.

we could say that about you too. go vote Democrat. enjoy

obama is handing it off to Putin. You could always move to Russia and bitch about the infrastructure.
That should please the Right. They rave about Putin's strength and bare chest.
No, you jerk off to Putin's chest and say that to ease your conscience.

Putin's bare chest makes Gipped, Iceweasel, Frank, AvgGuy and others swoon.

He's keeping his desk clear for appointment to the US Attorney General position in 2016.

I like him myself. he seems to be ONE of the honest one LEFT up there. and that damn sure doesn't INCLUDE Hillary, Obama and that whole Democrat party of snakes

I sure would like you to explain your use of capitalization sometime...

I sure would like you to explain your use of capitalization sometime...

She was homeschooled by foster parents.

Apparently he's a coward, too:
Seems like the Benghazi! Crapola has put this guy out of a job...good riddance.

Lawmaker: Trey Gowdy to leave the House after 2016

Gowdy launched the eighth investigation into finding green cheese on the moon after the previous seven found none....and he indeed found there is no green cheese on the moon. Surprise surprise.

Why do you feel the need to lie. Gowdy didn't launch anything, he was appointed by house leadership to head the Select Committee on Benghazi because of his experience as a prosecutor. Also if you actually read the article, Gowdy's office said he has made no announcement on 2016.

You'd think a guy who's supposed to be such a great lawyer would do a better job of justifying the continuation of his "investigation", but...

Trey Gowdy (R-SC), the chairman of the House Select Committee on Benghazi, reportedly declined to appear on CNN's "State of the Union" program Sunday to address allegations made by an ex-staffer of the committee.

The staffer, Bradley Podliska, who was an investigator on the committee for 10 months, told news outlets Saturday that he planned to file a federal lawsuit against the committee for wrongful termination.

Podliska said that he was terminated, in part, for refusing to focus his investigation on Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton.

Benghazi Committee Chair Declines CNN Interview To Discuss Ex-Staffer's Allegations

You'd think a guy who's supposed to be such a great lawyer would do a better job of justifying the continuation of his "investigation", but...

How about the fact that new evidence is still coming in, a good prosecutor doesn't end an investigation before it's complete.

If he is actually leaving after three terms he is just doing what EVERY decent elected official should do: Leave when your "Best Before" date expired. The Founding Fathers would want nothing less.

The Founding Fathers would weep seeing the pathetic and power hungry and worthless and sad bunch of useless idiots who run for office time after time, and they would sob seeing the even sadder and more idiotic assholes that keep electing them.

If America does not impose term limits on Congress, America is doomed.

If he is actually leaving after three terms he is just doing what EVERY decent elected official should do: Leave when your "Best Before" date expired. The Founding Fathers would want nothing less.

The Founding Fathers would weep seeing the pathetic and power hungry and worthless and sad bunch of useless idiots who run for office time after time, and they would sob seeing the even sadder and more idiotic assholes that keep electing them.

Oh shut up. No, term limits will not be imposed, and America will continue.

Oh shut up. No, term limits will not be imposed, and America will continue.

When the shameless abuses of presidential powers by that mental cripple, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, reached their critical mass, term limits WERE imposed.

If there is any hope of decency, there will be enough congress people (House and Senate) to support a Bill for term limits.

If not - like I said - America is doomed.

This is not a surprise. Gowdy is way too sharp to serve in the Congress.

But, it is a shame too lose him....he had that fortuitous concurrence of both brains and balls...which is pretty non-existant in Washington.

Hopefully, the departure of this honorable person will open the eyes and the souls of people in both chambers who came to believe that election to congress was an easy taxpayer funded journey to rich retirement, to leave after their present term.

If they have done what they were elected for, those who elected them will say "Thank You and Goodbye".
If they have not done so, they should ask themselves what the Hell they are doing in Washington, DC.

There is nothing more despicable than a person who can and doesn't. And keeps on doing nothing.

Forum List

Back