Trickle down Econ already working for AT&T, Wells Fargo and Comcast employees...Thanks Donny!

You don't seem to understand what you're defending here. Social Programs are why Trump doesn't hire Americans to work the jobs at his resorts? How so? What do social programs have to do with Donald Trump hiring an American instead of a foreigner?

If you don't pay Americans enough money, they just get their Obama phone, their SNAP's card, their HUD house in the suburbs, and live better that way.

So it's about greed and not about hiring American. The reason Trump uses the visas is because he doesn't want to pay a prevailing rate. We're to believe that of the 368,000 unemployed Floridians not a single one of them can clean a hotel room?

I'm sure a lot of them can, but why should they?

You don't seem to understand what you're defending here. Social Programs are why Trump doesn't hire Americans to work the jobs at his resorts? How so? What do social programs have to do with Donald Trump hiring an American instead of a foreigner?

If you don't pay Americans enough money, they just get their Obama phone, their SNAP's card, their HUD house in the suburbs, and live better that way.

So it's about greed and not about hiring American. The reason Trump uses the visas is because he doesn't want to pay a prevailing rate. We're to believe that of the 368,000 unemployed Floridians not a single one of them can clean a hotel room?

Argument for paying living wages. Pay an American a living wage and they won't need Welfare.

It's not a better standard of living and you clearly have never had to struggle because you live a life of unbelievable privilege. I don't think you'd last one month on the minimums and "generous" welfare people get. BTW - most people on SNAP are employed. Did you know that? Of course not, because you don't know anything. HUD house in the suburbs? WTF? Now you're just making stuff up to defend your unearned entitlement and white resentment. You're just spitting lies and bullshit because you can't defend your point that Trump should import foreign workers because American workers are too needy.

So I'm imagining all this? Well I'll have to get back to you. I just filed a complaint with my city Councilwoman about the HUD house next door to me. My complaint is they have bath towels as window coverings, and it's making the place look like the ghetto...... well that and the car tire that's been on the tree lawn for nearly a week.

Now that you informed me this is all my imagination, I have to call the council woman back and advise her of this new information you just gave me.

HUD's New 'Fair Housing' Rule Establishes Diversity Data for Every Neighborhood in U.S.

Because they're Americans and Trump is a "job creator".

You can create all the jobs you like, but if Americans won't work them, what good is it?
We have towels in our windows and we make too much money to live in a HUD home :( And we have a tire that's been in the yard for 3 months because the garbage people refuses to take the damn thing.

It's not a better standard of living and you clearly have never had to struggle because you live a life of unbelievable privilege. I don't think you'd last one month on the minimums and "generous" welfare people get. BTW - most people on SNAP are employed. Did you know that? Of course not, because you don't know anything. HUD house in the suburbs? WTF? Now you're just making stuff up to defend your unearned entitlement and white resentment. You're just spitting lies and bullshit because you can't defend your point that Trump should import foreign workers because American workers are too needy.

So I'm imagining all this? Well I'll have to get back to you. I just filed a complaint with my city Councilwoman about the HUD house next door to me. My complaint is they have bath towels as window coverings, and it's making the place look like the ghetto...... well that and the car tire that's been on the tree lawn for nearly a week.

Now that you informed me this is all my imagination, I have to call the council woman back and advise her of this new information you just gave me.

HUD's New 'Fair Housing' Rule Establishes Diversity Data for Every Neighborhood in U.S.

You can create all the jobs you like, but if Americans won't work them, what good is it?
We have towels in our windows and we make too much money to live in a HUD home :( And we have a tire that's been in the yard for 3 months because the garbage people refuses to take the damn thing.

Then you take the tire to a tire shop and pay them to dispose of it for you. They can't put tires in landfills.
Mini blinds are between 10 and 20 dollars each depending on what you want.

Argument for paying living wages. Pay an American a living wage and they won't need Welfare.

Businesses are not concerned about welfare. They are concerned about making profits.

Then you take the tire to a tire shop and pay them to dispose of it for you. They can't put tires in landfills.
Things were a lot simpler when I was a kid. We'd take our garbage and dump it in the woods next to UCF. We pay taxes so they take our trash, they need to take the damn tire.

Businesses are not concerned about welfare. They are concerned about making profits.
They are now concerned with keeping Trump in power vs a Democrat, so they'll be interested in their employees welfare if they want them to vote for him again.

They are now concerned with keeping Trump in power vs a Democrat, so they'll be interested in their employees welfare if they want them to vote for him again.

What goes on in the workplace has very little to do with politics. For one, most people don't pay attention to politics or policies, and two, very few things government does directly affects employees. If a worker doesn't get a raise next year, the last thing they will think of is Republican or Democrat.

Things were a lot simpler when I was a kid. We'd take our garbage and dump it in the woods next to UCF. We pay taxes so they take our trash, they need to take the damn tire.

And do what with it? They can't put it in the landfill. It's against regulations because tires don't deteriorate.

Legally, you are not supposed to throw away paint or hazardous materials either. You might be able to get away with it by mixing it up with the rest of your garbage, but if they see it, they won't dispose of it for you.

And do what with it? They can't put it in the landfill. It's against regulations because tires don't deteriorate.

Legally, you are not supposed to throw away paint or hazardous materials either. You might be able to get away with it by mixing it up with the rest of your garbage, but if they see it, they won't dispose of it for you.
Then don't throw it in a landfill. They pick up a lot of our garbage they don't put in a landfill. it's garbage they need to deal with it.

Your rabid hatred for Trump ain't right kid. He's never done anything to you, to warrant such irrational hate. You really should either seek some psychiatric care, or at the very least tune out Democrat Fake News for awhile. You sound like you've become radicalized. Get some help kid. Take care.

Trump created fewer jobs in 2017 than Obama created in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.

So Trump comes up short once again.

Your rabid hatred for Trump ain't right kid. He's never done anything to you, to warrant such irrational hate. You really should either seek some psychiatric care, or at the very least tune out Democrat Fake News for awhile. You sound like you've become radicalized. Get some help kid. Take care.

Trump created fewer jobs in 2017 than Obama created in 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.

Yeah, DumBama created jobs--mostly part-time jobs. More than that the labor participation rate decreased through those years as well. How did that happen? If things were so good, why did food stamp usage continue to make records?

The real statistics show that the economy didn't really stabilize or improve until after fuel prices decreased which DumBama had nothing to do with. If it were up to him gasoline would be $8.00 a gallon and we'd all be driving around in electric cars. But fracking (which Democrats are against) gave us such an over supply of fuel that most all Americans found new money in which to stimulate the economy.

Lowest Unemployment Rate in 17yrs. And with his lowering the Corporate Tax Rate, many American businesses will likely start thinking America again. That will = many American jobs. Trump's doing all i can ask of him on the Economy. I hope he keeps it up. :thup:

Yeah, DumBama created jobs--mostly part-time jobs. More than that the labor participation rate decreased through those years as well. How did that happen? If things were so good, why did food stamp usage continue to make records?

The real statistics show that the economy didn't really stabilize or improve until after fuel prices decreased which DumBama had nothing to do with. If it were up to him gasoline would be $8.00 a gallon and we'd all be driving around in electric cars. But fracking (which Democrats are against) gave us such an over supply of fuel that most all Americans found new money in which to stimulate the economy.

Lowest Unemployment Rate in 17yrs. And with his lowering the Corporate Tax Rate, many American businesses will likely start thinking America again. That will = many American jobs. Trump's doing all i can ask of him on the Economy. I hope he keeps it up. :thup:
bmgo2ld_1.jpg

Then don't throw it in a landfill. They pick up a lot of our garbage they don't put in a landfill. it's garbage they need to deal with it.

Some cities do and some cities don't. It depends on how much they are willing to spend. Here, we have a couple days a year where you can bring in hazardous material, car tires, batteries, things like that to the city garage, and they will have them disposed of. It's much cheaper for the city to have the garbage company come out with that special truck to get rid of those items once a year than to have them go down every street every week looking for them.

Yeah, DumBama created jobs--mostly part-time jobs.

No he didn't. That's another lie. Obama created about 1 million part-time jobs, which is fewer part-time jobs than the 3 million Bush created:

Bush
January 2001: 23,423,000
January 2009: 26,377,000
+2,954,000

Obama
January 2009: 26,377,000
January 2017: 27,405,000
+1,028,000

SO YOU WERE FUCKING WRONG. DEAD WRONG. AS WRONG AS SOMEONE COULD BE. SINCE YOU WERE SO DEAD WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING AS EASILY RESEARCHED AS THIS, ALL YOU DO IS PROVE YOU'RE A FAT, STUPID, LAZY, PATHETIC, ENTITLED NOBODY.

More than that the labor participation rate decreased through those years as well. How did that happen? If things were so good, why did food stamp usage continue to make records?

The participation rate also decreased during Bush the Dumber, the guy you voted for and supported for 8 years. The Labor Participation Rate reached its peak during Clinton. In fact, the Labor Participation Rate went from:

Bush
January 2001: 67.2%
January 2009: 65.7%
- 1.5%

Obama
January 2009: 65.7%
January 2017: 62.9%
- 2.8%

Secondly, the reason the Labor Participation Rate has declined is because Boomers are retiring and leaving the workforce. As for SNAP, the reason so many qualify for it is because their wages are low. So if you want to get people off SNAP, you have to raise wages...which you oppose doing. So your argument is a circle-jerk and you're voluntarily eating the cracker.

You're a fucking idiot with no knowledge or education in anything you're vomiting up here.

As your chart points out, GDP was just as high as it was during the glorious 90's. In 2001, we suffered the worst domestic terrorist attack in history, and Bush still got the economy moving..

So you're going to add "I don't know how to read a chart" to your shitty resume?

The chart shows GDP with MEW's (the blue bar) below Clinton levels. And without MEW's (the red bar), Bush's economy looks like shit. Do you even grasp what this chart is telling you?

mauldin.png

9/11? When are Conservatives going to stop using 9/11 as an excuse for 8 shitty years of Bush's growth? Here's the thing about 9/11; ALL MARKET LOSSES ON 9/11 WERE RECOVERED BY NOVEMBER 2001. How exactly did 9/11 cause shitty growth when all the losses were regained 2 months later, and GDP for 2001 was still positive?

How did he do that? Tax cuts.

The Bush Tax Cuts were the reason we had a housing bubble. The tax cuts caused the housing bubble to appear. Bush even said so himself while campaigning in 2004. So if you want to say the mortgage bubble was a result of the tax cuts, I'd agree with you.

From Fox News:
Bush Ties Policy to Record Home Ownership
March 26, 2004
Touting his tax cuts as the economy's savior — and pointing to the strong housing market as proof — Bush said "more people own their own home now than ever."

So you want to now argue that Bush's Tax Cuts caused the mortgage bubble, which caused the collapse? Fine by me. Go for it. It's what I've been saying for years...that Bush primed a housing bubble to make the economy look like it was growing as a result of his tax cuts, when it was really growing as a result of debt.

When people bring home more money, they borrow and spend. That's what gets and keeps the economy going. It wasn't until the housing crash where the joy ride ended, and that housing crash had many a Democrat fingerprints on it.

How is it possible that everything you think you know about the crisis is wrong? I mean everything you say is wrong. Objectively wrong.

First of all, the wealthy do not increase their spending after tax cuts. In fact, they increase their savings which pulls money out of the economy. So tax cuts don't pay for themselves in increased consumption by the wealthiest, despite your predictions that they do, facing a whole lot of evidence that they don't:

When the first Bush tax cuts were signed into law in June 2001, pushing the top rate down to 35 per cent, the wealthy boosted savings. The saving rate climbed to 2.8 per cent in the first quarter of 2002 from minus 2 per cent in the second quarter of 2001. The increased savings coincided with a 1.1 per cent decline in the S&P 500 index.

After the second round of Bush tax cuts in May 2003, the rich also increased their saving, with the rate climbing to 7.6 per cent in the first quarter of 2004 from 2.2 per cent in the second quarter of 2003, the Moody's data show.

Secondly, if you're going to blame Democrats for the housing bubble, you must give them credit for the economic gains that came from that bubble. You're trying to have it both ways; you're trying to credit Bush's Tax Cuts to the growth of the housing market which was tied to the growth of the economy, but you're trying to lay the blame for the consequences of those tax cuts that led to the housing bubble that led to the economic collapse to Democrats who had no control of any branch of government from 2003-2007, the exact years of the Mortgage Bubble. You shit-brained Conservatives controlled the White House, SCOTUS, and both houses of Congress during the exact years of the mortgage bubble. In fact, you all even denied there was a bubble happening. Here's the famous quote from Larry Kudlow in the National Review, Conservative economist and teabag senate candidate:

The Housing Bears Are Wrong Again
LARRY KUDLOW
June 20, 2005
Homebuilders led the stock parade this week with a fantastic 11 percent gain. This is a group that hedge funds and bubbleheads love to hate. All the bond bears have been dead wrong in predicting sky-high mortgage rates. So have all the bubbleheads who expect housing-price crashes in Las Vegas or Naples, Florida, to bring down the consumer, the rest of the economy, and the entire stock market.

Because of the economy, fuel prices rose as they normally do in great economic times. If not for that, Bush would have had more success until the last few years of his two terms.

Bush's economy grew entirely on debt. Debt you screech about today. That's why Bush erased a surplus, that's why consumer debt spiked during Bush, that's why the national debt nearly doubled while Bush lost net 460,000 private sector jobs.

Capitalism is why people came to this country in the fist place; a country where work and investment pays off, a country where the sky is the limit, a country where a person can work hard, start their own business, and realize the American dream one day..

That's a fantasy and illusion. Fact is, America is one of the least economically mobile countries in the world. Meaning that it's more likely you will be able to move between classes in Holland or France than here in the US. You believe in a fantasy because fantasy thinking is all you can do.

From Seattle Times:
The shocking decline in American economic mobility
April 27, 2017
Flying under the radar is a recent study from Stanford University economist Raj Chetty and colleagues showing that the economic mobility in the United States has been nearly cut in half since 1940.

Meanwhile, a new Pew Research Center study found that from 1991 to 2010 the middle class shrank more in the United States than in seven Western European nations. In four, including the Netherlands and France, the middle class grew. The decline here was from 62 percent of households to 59 percent.

It's still very much that way. People don't try to get in to this country because of the scenery, they come here to take advantage of opportunities they didn't have in their countries. In some places, if you are born poor, that's the way you will die no matter how hard you try to escape poverty. In this country, escaping poverty is much more likely than other places. That's what capitalism has done, and capitalism isn't limited to the government or the wealthy. Everybody can participate if they choose. And if you decide you want to remain poor, what other country would you rather be poor in than the United States of America?

I bolded the relevant part of these paragraphs because the data shows that it's the case here in the US too. Economic immobility in the US is as bad as it's been since the 1920's.

Pew did an economic mobility survey to examine the very claim you're alleging, and their findings were...not good:

Today there is more inter-generational social mobility in Europe than in the United States, contrary to the American myth that the United States is still the world’s No. 1 land of opportunity. The Economic Mobility Project of Pew Charitable Trusts has shown that children are far less likely to rise above the socio-economic levels of their parents in the U.S. than are those in Britain, Canada and Australia, as well as Germany, France and the Nordic nations. The American South, with the lowest rates of intergenerational social mobility in the U.S., clearly skews the national statistics, creating an embarrassing and depressing version of American exceptionalism.

Why is it that nearly everything you say is objectively wrong? How could someone be so wrong, so often?

Capitalism brought us the people who created all those big tall buildings in downtown areas. Capitalism brought us millions of jobs for working folks. Capitalism is responsible for the tax collections by our government since it's the wealthy that pays all the income tax in this country.

No, government and capitalism work in tandem. Without the infrastructure government provides, capitalism cannot thrive. Without the thriving of capitalism, government cannot fund the infrastructure necessary for capitalism to thrive. They rely on each other. It's an equal partnership. You are just a very juvenile and uneducated slovenly loon.

Correct, that's exactly what I said. If you have value, there are less people like you than those that have little value.If you stock shelves, make french fries, sweep floors, those are talentless jobs that anybody can do. It's why they pay so little.

So again, you don't seem to understand how productivity is measured. You think only in terms of service because that's probably the only experience you have when it comes to labor; service jobs. And I'm sure your experience servicing others is quite extensive, unfortunately it's not a viewpoint that makes sense when discussing a larger economy. Value is subjective, productivity is not. You seem to want to interchange value with productivity and you do that because you have no knowledge of economics or the metrics by which it's measured. If there was no minimum wage, would wages go up or down?

If you learn a trade like an electrician, a carpenter, a welder, there are less people who can do your job, and therefore, less people that your employer can find to replace you. Supply and Demand dictates that the less supply, the higher the price, so in order to replace you, he has to offer more money than his floor sweeper.If you go to college and become an engineer, a doctor, a pharmacist, there are much fewer people that can do your job, and supply and demand once again determines your wage. Now if you go to college and get educated in a field where there are no or little jobs, your pay will not be very rewarding. Too much supply and too little demand. It doesn't matter how good your grades were, how hard you studied, how much debt you accumulated, what matters is if you chose a field where you are always in demand.

Again...a very juvenile, crackerjack, bullshit understanding of economics. Supply and demand in the labor market is different than supply and demand in the consumer market. Yes, if there is demand for labor, wages go up. Unfortunately, the demand for labor is for skilled and trained labor, mostly requiring college degrees. Now, who are the people who oppose free public colleges where people can be trained to fill the demand in the labor market? You. Who are the people who oppose Pell Grants and want to limit student loans? You. So you tell people that in order to get more money, they have to get educated and trained, but you also tell them that you're not going to fund the institutions that can educate and train them, and that borrowing money to get education and training is stupid, and that college isn't necessary. So you exercise the worst kind of cognitive dissonance, and you do that for no other reason than because you're a piece of shit.

And what about the people who cannot afford education and training that you say they should get if they want more money? They are supposed to do what? Be born into a life of poverty and never rise out of it -but hey ho!- according to you, that's something that is easily achievable in America. The problem is that it's not and instead of you admitting that your belief system is wrong, you instead excuse it by placing the blame on those whom you've set a nearly impossible standard to reach; getting educated without going into debt to earn more money that would be used to pay for education, which you say they need but cannot afford.

So your argument is still that circle-jerk; you complain about the very thing you are actively perpetuating.

et me ask: do you overpay people that work for you? If your transmission needs to be rebuilt and you get three estimates, do you choose the highest one? Or if you need a lawn care company, do you choose the company that will cut your lawn for $35.00 a cut or the company that charges $50.00 a cut?Businesses are no different than you or I. We all look to get work done for the lowest price possible. Provided the quality of work is equal, you (and businesses) always choose the lowest priced labor.

Childish. I go to the vendor who is going to do the best job, so I don't have to keep going back. Typically, the vendor that pays its workers the best is going to result in the best work. Quality over quantity; a concept you seem unfamiliar with.

Lowest Unemployment Rate in 17yrs.

Thanks, Obama.

And with his lowering the Corporate Tax Rate, many American businesses will likely start thinking America again. That will = many American jobs. Trump's doing all i can ask of him on the Economy. I hope he keeps it up. :thup:

How will they do that? They already have operations in the US. The only thing they moved offshore were their tax headquarters. '

And BTW - the 21% rate is still higher than the corporate profit tax rate in the countries those businesses relocated their HQ's!

So why would a business -any business- "think American again" when the corporate tax rate is still higher than the countries to which they've relocated!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks, Obama.

And with his lowering the Corporate Tax Rate, many American businesses will likely start thinking America again. That will = many American jobs. Trump's doing all i can ask of him on the Economy. I hope he keeps it up. :thup:

How will they do that? They already have operations in the US. The only thing they moved offshore were their tax headquarters. '

And BTW - the 21% rate is still higher than the corporate profit tax rate in the countries those businesses relocated their HQ's!

So why would a business -any business- "think American again" when the corporate tax rate is still higher than the countries to which they've relocated!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Don't give them another reason to lower them again

Thanks, Obama.

right wing fantasy doesn't need to make sense; they have the affirmative action of the franchise.

Forum List

Back