‘Trickle-down’ tax cuts make the rich richer but are of no value to overall economy, study finds

If we can afford to give billions upon billions to foreigners then we are taxing Americans too much.

Period, full stop.

I don't agree with giving more aid to non-Americans than to Americans.

Are you sure? This foreign aid is to benefit our war machinery. Are you saying you don't support this? You support bringing all of our military home?

Most American foreign aid comes with a requirement that the money is used to buy military equipment from American suppliers. It is in fact, a subsidy to the military industrial complex, and helps create jobs in the "defense industry".

They use the windfall to increase profits and enrich investors,

Enriched investors make more investments and/or pay more taxes.

No they pay lower rates of taxes on investment income than workers would pay on their wages. Remember Warren Buffet saying his secretary paid a higher rate of tax that he does. So raising the minimum wage also raises government revenues.

Remember Biden's oft-quoted phrase "valuing work over wealth". Less than 40% of wealthy Americans work, while 80% of the people who received government assistance in 2019, had full-time jobs. No one who has a full time job should require government assistance just to keep a roof over their head.

If we can afford to give billions upon billions to foreigners then we are taxing Americans too much.

Period, full stop.

Are you sure? This foreign aid is to benefit our war machinery. Are you saying you don't support this? You support bringing all of our military home?

Most American foreign aid comes with a requirement that the money is used to buy military equipment from American suppliers. It is in fact, a subsidy to the military industrial complex, and helps create jobs in the "defense industry".

So it's better for them to use our money to buy T-72 cast-offs from the Russians?

The trickle down economic theory was the biggest scam ever run against the American people.

How so?

I'd rather rich people keep their money to spend or invest it, thus giving yacht makers, party staff, and investment bankers more work then have government take it, hire more bureaucrats, and funnel the money into their pet projects.

But, government spends the money more wisely and efficiently.

No they pay lower rates of taxes on investment income than workers would pay on their wages. Remember Warren Buffet saying his secretary paid a higher rate of tax that he does. So raising the minimum wage also raises government revenues.

Remember Biden's oft-quoted phrase "valuing work over wealth". Less than 40% of wealthy Americans work, while 80% of the people who received government assistance in 2019, had full-time jobs. No one who has a full time job should require government assistance just to keep a roof over their head.

Why?

It's easy to use a broad brush. Hopefully we all find in reprehensible that a Wal-Mart worker would qualify for TANF or Medicaid, while the Wal-Mart heirs avoid taxes. But I've yet to hear any objection, that is not based on emotion and no facts, why there's some great economic argument against taxing - Wal-Mart profits (or Amazon or … name the corporate behemoth) or placing a miniscule penny tax on short term, large stock trades or even taxing healthcare providers - to pay for people to get healthcare whose employers don't provide it as a benefit, which the vast maj of employers offered 40-50 years ago.

Or why is it so much more expensive as measured by a % of income to go to college as it was 40-50 years ago.

I have no idea where your statistics about how many people get aid come from, and I'm not complaining, but generally these figures don't exclude "aid" like medical and education assistance. Placing taxes directly on small biz or even franchisees like Subway, can hurt employment. But even Wal-Mart said it was ok with Obamacare so long as it's competitors had to pay the same taxes.

Period, full stop.

So it's better for them to use our money to buy T-72 cast-offs from the Russians?

I think it would be better for 3rd world nations to spend the foreign aid on the health, education, infrastructure, and other needs of their people.

It's easy to use a broad brush. Hopefully we all find in reprehensible that a Wal-Mart worker would qualify for TANF or Medicaid, while the Wal-Mart heirs avoid taxes. But I've yet to hear any objection, that is not based on emotion and no facts, why there's some great economic argument against taxing - Wal-Mart profits (or Amazon or … name the corporate behemoth) or placing a miniscule penny tax on short term, large stock trades or even taxing healthcare providers - to pay for people to get healthcare whose employers don't provide it as a benefit, which the vast maj of employers offered 40-50 years ago.

Or why is it so much more expensive as measured by a % of income to go to college as it was 40-50 years ago.

I have no idea where your statistics about how many people get aid come from, and I'm not complaining, but generally these figures don't exclude "aid" like medical and education assistance. Placing taxes directly on small biz or even franchisees like Subway, can hurt employment. But even Wal-Mart said it was ok with Obamacare so long as it's competitors had to pay the same taxes.

Only the lowest entry level Wal Mart workers qualify for things like that, and it's better than having people either not work and get all benefits and work at a minimum wage ish job and get some benefits.

Government made it harder for companies to provide health care by creating minimums of coverage, and you blame the companies?

College became more expensive when loans to attend became easy to acquire, increasing the overall $$ availible. Colleges raised prices to match the increase in availible money.

Period, full stop.

I think it would be better for 3rd world nations to spend the foreign aid on the health, education, infrastructure, and other needs of their people.

The ones we don't trust with our high tech weapons get aid for that, I am sure.

The issue isn't giving them the money, the issue is how the people in charge spend it.

Period, full stop.

Yeah, but look at what happens in a place like Somalia when there's no central govt to oppose armed robbers, or what we've done to Mexico with America (and maybe Canada's) appetite for drugs.

Only the lowest entry level Wal Mart workers qualify for things like that, and it's better than having people either not work and get all benefits and work at a minimum wage ish job and get some benefits.

Government made it harder for companies to provide health care by creating minimums of coverage, and you blame the companies?

College became more expensive when loans to attend became easy to acquire, increasing the overall $$ availible. Colleges raised prices to match the increase in availible money.
You see what I meant by emotions and no facts in contrast to economics

You see what I meant by emotions and no facts in contrast to economics

Nice non response.

No they pay lower rates of taxes on investment income than workers would pay on their wages.

Lower than which workers? Provide some specifics.

Remember Warren Buffet saying his secretary paid a higher rate of tax that he does.

Yes, I remember Warren's lie.

So raising the minimum wage also raises government revenues.

It would reduce revenues.

Remember Biden's oft-quoted phrase "valuing work over wealth".

Who did he steal that phrase from? Was it a coal miner?

Forum List

Back