‘Trickle-down’ tax cuts make the rich richer but are of no value to overall economy, study finds

Need creates jobs, not tax cuts. Simply "expanding" your business does not create a need and if there is a need it's going to be met by someone, tax cuts or not.
Uh... since when is need the central driver in a market??
You understand. Housing was one way we tried to re-inflate the bubble. The answer is to let it pop and leave it.

Those who pulled the scam, particularly Deutsche Bank and Goldman Sachs are fully committed to stealing trillions more. Yet you still have zero grasp of how any of it works.
And not to forget Obama engaged in this practice more than any other President in U.S. history. It isn't even close.

President Calls for Expanding Opportunities to Home Ownership

Study is from the London school of economics.

Here's a link to someone besides wapo.

Thanks for a non-pay walled source.

But you still failed to explain this "trickle down economics" you speak of.

Edit: What utter pablum. About what I expect from the moron left. The only thing of value in the babble was the acknowledgment that "Trickle Down" is a phrase Will Rogers used in a comedy skit and has no relation to any school or principle of economics.

The Laffer Curve is a farce, because it completely ignores/avoids what wealthy people do with their money.

It's breathtakingly inefficient and flawed.

Appropriately, Arthur Laffer first presented his theory in a bar on the back of a napkin.

Well, FINALLY a leftist who appears to have some fundamental grasp of the subject at hand.

Wasn't Southwest Airlines proposed on a bar napkin?

So enough of the defamation, lets look at facts;

So, what IS the Laffer Curve? Does it say that as taxes drop the economy improves? I mean, that wouldn't be a curve then, would it? And does the Laffer Curve deal with the macro-economy?

Well no, Mac here is a leftist and is being disengenuous.

The Laffer Curve actually deals with TAX REVENUE;

1609258678423.png

Essentially the curve postulates that there is a prime level of taxation where the revenue is at a peak and that tax policy should be adjusted to match that level. The left, like Mac, hold that more taxes are better. But reality is that above a certain level revenue to the government declines as taxes rise.

Why? Because Mac and other Bolsheviks ignores/avoids what wealthy people do with their money. Confiscatory taxation as advocated by the left causes people - and more importantly businesses to seek shelter for their capital, often offshore.

The Laffer Curve is a farce, because it completely ignores/avoids what wealthy people do with their money.

Appropriately, Arthur Laffer first presented his theory in a bar on the back of a napkin.

Well, FINALLY a leftist who appears to have some fundamental grasp of the subject at hand.

So, what IS the Laffer Curve? Does it say that as taxes drop the economy improves? I mean, that wouldn't be a curve then, would it? And does the Laffer Curve deal with the macro-economy?

View attachment 434708

Essentially the curve postulates that there is a prime level of taxation where the revenue is at a peak and that tax policy should be adjusted to match that level. The left, like Mac, hold that more taxes are better. But reality is that above a certain level revenue to the government declines as taxes rise.

Why? Because Mac and other Bolsheviks ignores/avoids what wealthy people do with their money. Confiscatory taxation as advocated by the left causes people - and more importantly businesses to seek shelter for their capital, often offshore.
And my post stands. Your cut-and-paste is irrelevant.

View attachment 434708

And my post stands. Your cut-and-paste is irrelevant.

Your post is destroyed by the facts I offer to first year students.

You misrepresent and then offer conclusions based on misrepresentation.

Oh, and I have no need to cut and paste.

People have only been using that phrase to describe republican gifts to the wealthy for 30 years.

How did you miss it?

Leftists have used it, yet they can never define what it means. Lefty hack Mac1958 at least pointed to Arthur Laffer, though he misrepresented and distorted what the Laffer Curve is.

Leftist bleat rote dogma with zero grasp what it means.

You can no more explain what "trickle down ecomomics" is than my dog can recite the periodic table.

Further, that laughably lame article the OP references notes that the phrase in fact goes back to the 1920's with Will Rogers defaming Herbert Hoover.

I like my tax cut. Anyone who doesn't can give their back. You can bet your ass the Govt. will take it, no questions asked.

This thread is just the drones being programmed to demand their own taxes be raised so that Xi's man can claim popular support.

I like my tax cut. Anyone who doesn't can give their back. You can bet your ass the Govt. will take it, no questions asked.

This thread is just the drones being programmed to demand their own taxes be raised so that Xi's man can claim popular support.

Well if Biden hits the WH they will get their wish. He's already said he want to raise taxes on any Corp or person making 400,000 or more a year. He never learned what Kennedy, Reagan and Trump knew. Cutting taxes puts more money into the economy and fed coffers than raising them ever did.

Once they find out they won't be getting as much as they thought they would they will hit everyone with higher taxes. Imbeciles one and all.

When someone has $200 million in an account they aren't going to go out and say "Hey, I got a tax cut, I can now afford to start my business".

What starts a business is a need. People who have nothing have meet that need.

Yes, everyone is Scrooge McDuck with swimming pools filled with gold coins, I get it.

But the childish fantasy of the left has utterly no connection to reality.

In the real world taxes are very important. Most Communists have never had a finance class in their life, much less a class on basic economics. They can't read a balance sheet or income statement. They couldn't produce a capital investment repayment plan if their life depended on it. But in real life, that's how things work. If I want to expand a business, I have to show that the expansion plan will repay the capital employed, a concept we call ROCE, "return on capital employed". I must demonstrate to the bank or board of directors that the investment will pay back in a certain number of years or the project will not be funded. Another concept that Communists don't grasp is EBIT, which is "earnings before interest and taxes." What follows are two critical elements on an income statement - interest on debts, and taxes. The impact of these two is enormous and heavily impacts any business decision.

Yes, I'm getting into grown up talk, which is not what leftists understand. But in the world of finance and business, this is how things work. If the interest on debt for expansion erodes the payback, if the taxes on EBIT consume the return, then expansion will not happen. The jobs created by that expansion will not happen.

Need creates jobs, not tax cuts. Simply "expanding" your business does not create a need and if there is a need it's going to be met by someone, tax cuts or not.

As I've been saying since the reagan years:

No company is going to hire someone to just stand around all day doing nothing. If they don't have the work, they don't need more employees.

The only reason a business will hire more workers is if there is more work to do than the existing staff of workers can handle in a regular 8 hour work day.

If that is happening, they are having more sales. If that is happening the company is making more money and the last thing they need is a tax cut.

It's simple capitalism supply and demand.

A company can offer all the supply they want. If there is no demand their supply is worthless.

If there is a demand, their supply is worth capital and the last thing a company needs is a tax cut.

It is not the government's job to give anyone a raise or pay anyone working outside the government. That is the responsibility of the employer. The government is responsible for making sure that employer is paying a living wage, proper benefits with safe and proper working conditions for the employee. Employers aren't going to do that out of the goodness of their hearts. They only care about money. The only way to make sure the employer is properly paying employees with proper working conditions is through proper wage laws and working condition regulations.

If people aren't making enough money to live on, no tax cut will ever help them. A raise in pay will. The federal minimum wage has not been increased since the bush boy years. Get the government to do their job of increasing the minimum wage. Cutting taxes for a few years isn't going to do much beyond create more debt and make a small amount of filthy rich people even more filthy rich.

The conservative economic theory is a lie which only results in the destruction of an economy.

How many times does the nation have to go through it before we learn?

When someone has $200 million in an account they aren't going to go out and say "Hey, I got a tax cut, I can now afford to start my business".

What starts a business is a need. People who have nothing have meet that need.

Yes, everyone is Scrooge McDuck with swimming pools filled with gold coins, I get it.

But the childish fantasy of the left has utterly no connection to reality.

In the real world taxes are very important. Most Communists have never had a finance class in their life, much less a class on basic economics. They can't read a balance sheet or income statement. They couldn't produce a capital investment repayment plan if their life depended on it. But in real life, that's how things work. If I want to expand a business, I have to show that the expansion plan will repay the capital employed, a concept we call ROCE, "return on capital employed". I must demonstrate to the bank or board of directors that the investment will pay back in a certain number of years or the project will not be funded. Another concept that Communists don't grasp is EBIT, which is "earnings before interest and taxes." What follows are two critical elements on an income statement - interest on debts, and taxes. The impact of these two is enormous and heavily impacts any business decision.

Yes, I'm getting into grown up talk, which is not what leftists understand. But in the world of finance and business, this is how things work. If the interest on debt for expansion erodes the payback, if the taxes on EBIT consume the return, then expansion will not happen. The jobs created by that expansion will not happen.

As I've been saying since the reagan years:

No company is going to hire someone to just stand around all day doing nothing. If they don't have the work, they don't need more employees.

The only reason a business will hire more workers is if there is more work to do than the existing staff of workers can handle in a regular 8 hour work day.

If that is happening, they are having more sales. If that is happening the company is making more money and the last thing they need is a tax cut.

It's simple capitalism supply and demand.

A company can offer all the supply they want. If there is no demand their supply is worthless.

If there is a demand, their supply is worth capital and the last thing a company needs is a tax cut.

It is not the government's job to give anyone a raise or pay anyone working outside the government. That is the responsibility of the employer. The government is responsible for making sure that employer is paying a living wage, proper benefits with safe and proper working conditions for the employee. Employers aren't going to do that out of the goodness of their hearts. They only care about money. The only way to make sure the employer is properly paying employees with proper working conditions is through proper wage laws and working condition regulations.

If people aren't making enough money to live on, no tax cut will ever help them. A raise in pay will. The federal minimum wage has not been increased since the bush boy years. Get the government to do their job of increasing the minimum wage. Cutting taxes for a few years isn't going to do much beyond create more debt and make a small amount of filthy rich people even more filthy rich.

The conservative economic theory is a lie which only results in the destruction of an economy.

How many times does the nation have to go through it before we learn?
"The last thing they need is a tax cut?" How did you determine that? What they definitely do not need is a tax increase.

Your post is so full of bullshit that I don't have the time to address it.

Forum List

Back