‘Trickle-down’ tax cuts make the rich richer but are of no value to overall economy, study finds

I've been saying that since the reagan years.

In that time I was saying it's totally illogical to cut your revenues expecting that to increase revenues.

I was also saying that it destroys the economy, we were living through that destroyed economy at the time since reagan crashed the economy.

All conservative supply side trickle down does is create the following:

Monopolies
A small group of extremely wealthy people who then can buy the government they want. Which is what happened and continues to happen.
Massive debt
Terrible working conditions for workers
Low wages for workers
Bankrupt businesses
A destroyed economy

All mostly because greed has been given free reign.

The solution is high taxes on high wages.

Not expecting to collect taxes but to keep greed in check. When people know that they will lose most of it to taxes, greedy people don't take large sums in wages and salaries out of the company.

When that happens the company is much stronger. They company has the money to pay a living wage to ALL employees. Not just those at the top. The company has the money for real pensions, a living wage, health care, vacations and all the benefits workers have mostly lost since conservative economics have been the system we use.

Trickle down greatly increases deficits every time. A distraction from the huge spending increases repubs pass. Trumps attempt even gdp growth went down . Giant failure.

English motherfucker, do you speak it?

I've been saying that since the reagan years.

In that time I was saying it's totally illogical to cut your revenues expecting that to increase revenues.

I was also saying that it destroys the economy, we were living through that destroyed economy at the time since reagan crashed the economy.

All conservative supply side trickle down does is create the following:

Monopolies
A small group of extremely wealthy people who then can buy the government they want. Which is what happened and continues to happen.
Massive debt
Terrible working conditions for workers
Low wages for workers
Bankrupt businesses
A destroyed economy

All mostly because greed has been given free reign.

The solution is high taxes on high wages.

Not expecting to collect taxes but to keep greed in check. When people know that they will lose most of it to taxes, greedy people don't take large sums in wages and salaries out of the company.

When that happens the company is much stronger. They company has the money to pay a living wage to ALL employees. Not just those at the top. The company has the money for real pensions, a living wage, health care, vacations and all the benefits workers have mostly lost since conservative economics have been the system we use.

You don't hate all greed, you LOVE government greed.

The trickle down economic theory was the biggest scam ever run against the American people.

How so?

I'd rather rich people keep their money to spend or invest it, thus giving yacht makers, party staff, and investment bankers more work then have government take it, hire more bureaucrats, and funnel the money into their pet projects.

Another disillusioned American supporting people that don't support him and is willing to increase debt, thus undermining his budget hawk stance.

Spending on bloated government increases the debt. The way progs like you want to spend can't be taxed through.
Repubs had full control and passed tax cuts and a huge spending increase. Last year gdp growth went down and we had a trillion deficit. Huge failure.

The trickle down economic theory was the biggest scam ever run against the American people.

How so?

I'd rather rich people keep their money to spend or invest it, thus giving yacht makers, party staff, and investment bankers more work then have government take it, hire more bureaucrats, and funnel the money into their pet projects.

Another disillusioned American supporting people that don't support him and is willing to increase debt, thus undermining his budget hawk stance.

Spending on bloated government increases the debt. The way progs like you want to spend can't be taxed through.
Repubs had full control and passed tax cuts and a huge spending increase. Last year gdp growth went down and we had a trillion deficit. Huge failure.

Who controlled the House last year?

If we can afford to give billions upon billions to foreigners then we are taxing Americans too much.

Period, full stop.

I don't agree with giving more aid to non-Americans than to Americans.

Are you sure? This foreign aid is to benefit our war machinery. Are you saying you don't support this? You support bringing all of our military home?

NO, I do not support giving out more foreign aid than aid to fellow Americans, hell to the no, why should anyone here starve or struggle for the sake of outgoing foreign aid if it brings no return to ALL Americans?

How so?

Dems didn't pass that tax cut for the rich, so just cut the BS.

If we can afford to give billions upon billions to foreigners then we are taxing Americans too much.

Period, full stop.

I don't agree with giving more aid to non-Americans than to Americans.

Are you sure? This foreign aid is to benefit our war machinery. Are you saying you don't support this? You support bringing all of our military home?

NO, I do not support giving out more foreign aid than aid to fellow Americans, hell to the no, why should anyone here starve or struggle for the sake of outgoing foreign aid if it brings no return to ALL Americans?

That was one of the lamest attempts to distract from my question I have ever seen.

How so?

Obama did extend the Bush tax cuts.

How so?

You think policy changes effect deficits that fast? Trumpers are so dumb....

How so?

No, they like to increase taxes AND spending on pet projects and pork.

I got a tax cut from Trump, and I'm not "rich"

It's amazing how jealous progressives are of people making money the real way and how they ignore government types making money the shady way.

How so?

Briefly he did and I did not agree with them, but NO Dem controlled Senate and House passed tax cuts for the rich.

How so?

Deficits are year to year and change year to year, the debt is the constant thing.

How so?

No, they like to increase taxes AND spending on pet projects and pork.

I got a tax cut from Trump, and I'm not "rich"

It's amazing how jealous progressives are of people making money the real way and how they ignore government types making money the shady way.

Those tax cuts were passed in 2017 by a Repugs controlled house and senate and they expire in 2024, or 2025, I can't remember which year and what tax increase did Dems pass in 2018 and beyond? Man stop talking shxt with your pathetic rightwing talking points that have no basis in facts.

How so?

Deficits are year to year and change year to year, the debt is the constant thing.

Under Trump 8 trillion accumulated and counting

How so?

Briefly he did and I did not agree with them, but NO Dem controlled Senate and House passed tax cuts for the rich.

Most of those cuts are still with us.

Forum List

Back