‘Trickle-down’ tax cuts make the rich richer but are of no value to overall economy, study finds

The trickle down economic theory was the biggest scam ever run against the American people.

How so?

I'd rather rich people keep their money to spend or invest it, thus giving yacht makers, party staff, and investment bankers more work then have government take it, hire more bureaucrats, and funnel the money into their pet projects.

Another disillusioned American supporting people that don't support him and is willing to increase debt, thus undermining his budget hawk stance.

Spending on bloated government increases the debt. The way progs like you want to spend can't be taxed through.
Repubs had full control and passed tax cuts and a huge spending increase. Last year gdp growth went down and we had a trillion deficit. Huge failure.

Who controlled the House last year?
You think policy changes effect deficits that fast? Trumpers are so dumb....

Deficits are year to year and change year to year, the debt is the constant thing.
Yes and after repubs passed tax cuts and huge spending, the next years deficit increased drastically.

The trickle down economic theory was the biggest scam ever run against the American people.

How so?

I'd rather rich people keep their money to spend or invest it, thus giving yacht makers, party staff, and investment bankers more work then have government take it, hire more bureaucrats, and funnel the money into their pet projects.
And Republicans continue to push for this failed, wrongheaded fiscal dogma, truly the definition of insanity.

How so?

And Republicans continue to push for failed, wrongheaded fiscal dogma, truly the definition of insanity.

Da comrade, now off to the gulag!!

I've been saying that since the reagan years.

In that time I was saying it's totally illogical to cut your revenues expecting that to increase revenues.

I was also saying that it destroys the economy, we were living through that destroyed economy at the time since reagan crashed the economy.

All conservative supply side trickle down does is create the following:

Monopolies
A small group of extremely wealthy people who then can buy the government they want. Which is what happened and continues to happen.
Massive debt
Terrible working conditions for workers
Low wages for workers
Bankrupt businesses
A destroyed economy

All mostly because greed has been given free reign.

The solution is high taxes on high wages.

Not expecting to collect taxes but to keep greed in check. When people know that they will lose most of it to taxes, greedy people don't take large sums in wages and salaries out of the company.

When that happens the company is much stronger. They company has the money to pay a living wage to ALL employees. Not just those at the top. The company has the money for real pensions, a living wage, health care, vacations and all the benefits workers have mostly lost since conservative economics have been the system we use.

You don't hate all greed, you LOVE government greed.

You love greed for the rich that don't support you, what has trickled down to you exactly? Was the economy boosted by the 2017 tax cuts? NO, its been a deficit of 8 trillion and counting so you cannot continue to support that which increases debt then act like a damn budget hawk at the same time.

The problem is, that the "Trickling Down" is left up to the people who want to trickle down as little as they have to.

What "trickle down?"

No one but a moron Communist ever floats that idiotic term.

Tax cuts induce small business starts and encourage expansion, which means capital improvements and more jobs. The middle class depends on jobs, on wages. Of course the democrat party is waging war to utterly and completely destroy the middle class.

The problem is, that the "Trickling Down" is left up to the people who want to trickle down as little as they have to.

What "trickle down?"

No one but a moron Communist ever floats that idiotic term.

Tax cuts induce small business starts and encourage expansion, which means capital improvements and more jobs. The middle class depends on jobs, on wages. Of course the democrat party is waging war to utterly and completely destroy the middle class.

When someone has $200 million in an account they aren't going to go out and say "Hey, I got a tax cut, I can now afford to start my business".

What starts a business is a need. People who have nothing have meet that need.

How so?

Another disillusioned American supporting people that don't support him and is willing to increase debt, thus undermining his budget hawk stance.

Spending on bloated government increases the debt. The way progs like you want to spend can't be taxed through.
Repubs had full control and passed tax cuts and a huge spending increase. Last year gdp growth went down and we had a trillion deficit. Huge failure.

Dems didn't pass that tax cut for the rich, so just cut the BS.

No, they like to increase taxes AND spending on pet projects and pork.

I got a tax cut from Trump, and I'm not "rich"

It's amazing how jealous progressives are of people making money the real way and how they ignore government types making money the shady way.

Those tax cuts were passed in 2017 by a Repugs controlled house and senate and they expire in 2024, or 2025, I can't remember which year and what tax increase did Dems pass in 2018 and beyond? Man stop talking shxt with your pathetic rightwing talking points that have no basis in facts.

It's always the revenue side you types bitch about and never the obscene spending on bullshit programs and government workers, which is the real problem.

How so?

Deficits are year to year and change year to year, the debt is the constant thing.

Under Trump 8 trillion accumulated and counting

How much of that is pandemic related?

Well, until bottom feeders ShaQuita and Guadalupe start hiring people to help run their baby factories we won’t see ‘trickle up’ economics work either...so what gives?
We’ve spent $50 trillion on taxpayer dependent filth with no measurable improvement and certainly no ROi for taxpayers.
Where should Americans invest, where do they see the greatest potential for a ROi?

How so?

Yes and after repubs passed tax cuts and huge spending, the next years deficit increased drastically.

What was the actual amount of increased spending?

How so?

And Republicans continue to push for this failed, wrongheaded fiscal dogma, truly the definition of insanity.

LOL, captain drive-by useless post posts a useless drive-by post.

I've been saying that since the reagan years.

In that time I was saying it's totally illogical to cut your revenues expecting that to increase revenues.

I was also saying that it destroys the economy, we were living through that destroyed economy at the time since reagan crashed the economy.

All conservative supply side trickle down does is create the following:

Monopolies
A small group of extremely wealthy people who then can buy the government they want. Which is what happened and continues to happen.
Massive debt
Terrible working conditions for workers
Low wages for workers
Bankrupt businesses
A destroyed economy

All mostly because greed has been given free reign.

The solution is high taxes on high wages.

Not expecting to collect taxes but to keep greed in check. When people know that they will lose most of it to taxes, greedy people don't take large sums in wages and salaries out of the company.

When that happens the company is much stronger. They company has the money to pay a living wage to ALL employees. Not just those at the top. The company has the money for real pensions, a living wage, health care, vacations and all the benefits workers have mostly lost since conservative economics have been the system we use.

You don't hate all greed, you LOVE government greed.

You love greed for the rich that don't support you, what has trickled down to you exactly? Was the economy boosted by the 2017 tax cuts? NO, its been a deficit of 8 trillion and counting so you cannot continue to support that which increases debt then act like a damn budget hawk at the same time.

I like rich people spending money. I have a relative where part of his business is rich people re-doing their apartments. The markups you can do on high end walls and ceilings is amazing. Better margins then doing the partitions and interior walls of an AT&T store.

Forum List

Back