TRR: Allen West Seeks Recount Amid Growing Vote Count Scandal

Voter turnout was 141% of eligible voters. That's one reason for a recount.

Do try to keep up, this has already been addressed.

St Lucie County Supervisor of Elections

note* - turnout percentages will show over 100% due to a two page ballot. the tabulation system (GEMS) provides voter turnout as equal to the total cards cast in the election divided by the number of registered voters. also note that some voters chose not to return by mail the second card containing the amendments.

That sounds like a bad system to use if you are going to track REAL voter turnout.
Can this be corrected so it doesn't cause skewed numbers?

Thanks for the clarification so I can pass it on to others!

note* - turnout percentages will show over 100% due to a two page ballot. the tabulation system (GEMS) provides voter turnout as equal to the total cards cast in the election divided by the number of registered voters. also note that some voters chose not to return by mail the second card containing the amendments.

That sounds like a bad system to use if you are going to track REAL voter turnout.

I agree that it is a poor system and I have no idea why the county thinks it is a good idea to tabulate turnout that way.

By going to the county's website, you can see there were 122,658 total votes in the Presidential contest and that there are 175,545 registered voters in the county. Pretty good turnout but my understanding is that it is down from 4 years ago.

The far right extremists and the libertarian wing are nothing more than parasitical outriders sucking on the real Republican Party.

You are not going to dictate policy.

The real GOP does not want West.

Good riddance.

And you think YOU'RE the "real GOP"?

There you go with the narcissism again, Jake. You are free to express your opinion, but don't presume to speak for real Republicans.

To democrats real republicans are democrats.

The Tea Party-backed West demanded a recount after a wild swing of votes on election night in which he was leading Democratic challenger Tim Murphy by roughly 2,000 votes, then trailed by 2,400 votes about 35 minutes later.​
Looking at the evidence I provided - the .pdf of the official election results - it's very easy to see how that could happen. There are some polling places on that list where Mitt got 90%+ and other polling places where Obama got 90%+. Which shows that Port St. Lucie is a divided district, most likely divided by rich and poor, Black and White.

Officials have “already stated they had a 141 percent voter turnout, which I think should cause everyone alarm,” West told Fox.
And you believe him. :lol:

There isn't a 141% voter turnout, there is a 141% cards cast.

Now, why do you suppose he lied? Hmmmm??????

daveman is merely daving, syntha: not too worry.

We had a meeting with several potential candidates for the end of year county and city elections. Told them they could ran however they wished. But . . . if they pulled batzhit crasy tea party or liber or hater nonsense, we would denounce them immediately in the public media. One of them said she would go run as libertarian, and seemed disappointed when we said, "sure, go, please."

We will see how this will go.

The Tea Party-backed West demanded a recount after a wild swing of votes on election night in which he was leading Democratic challenger Tim Murphy by roughly 2,000 votes, then trailed by 2,400 votes about 35 minutes later.​
Looking at the evidence I provided - the .pdf of the official election results - it's very easy to see how that could happen. There are some polling places on that list where Mitt got 90%+ and other polling places where Obama got 90%+. Which shows that Port St. Lucie is a divided district, most likely divided by rich and poor, Black and White.

Officials have “already stated they had a 141 percent voter turnout, which I think should cause everyone alarm,” West told Fox.

Obama lies, and you believe him. You probably shouldn't lecture.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can explain why West's folks were excluded from the recount, but Murphy's folks were allowed.

Hint: There really can't be any legitimate reason. But, the Democrat won, so that's all that matters to you.

Last edited:
daveman is merely daving, syntha: not too worry.

Oh, I know. But he would have a snowball's chance in hell of getting Lefty goat if he had an actual issue instead of birther-like nonsense.

Explain why West's folks were excluded from the recount, but Murphy's folks were allowed.

Oh, wait -- you don't give a shit about election law. Disregard.

Meanwhile, perhaps you can explain why West's folks were excluded from the recount, but Murphy's folks were allowed.

Hint: There really can't be any legitimate reason. But, the Democrat won, so that's all that matters to you.
Again, you just ignore the evidence in favor of repeating your talking point. :lol:

Why should there be a recount?

Again, you just ignore the evidence in favor of repeating your talking point. :lol:

Why should there be a recount?
:lmao: There already WAS a recount, dumbass. I linked to it earlier:

West challenges results as Florida declares vote-tally over amid recounts and irregularities | Fox News

Now that your astounding ignorance has been corrected just a tiny bit, perhaps you can explain this:
He also said Murphy officials were allowed to observe the Sunday recount, but West’s were not.​

Oh, wait -- you don't care. Never mind.

Is dividing by two too difficult? Funny how quickly the crackpots here put on their tin foil without having the facts. Nothing new I guess.

Forum List

Back