Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

Baron

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2008
Those terrible racist Truck drivers!All are Trump voters and right-wing extremists! A city without police is cool, don't worry, enjoy it, bro!
Just wait a little bit until blacks begin to kill first drivers and loot their trucks.

Truck drivers have been voicing their concerns on the CDLLife App. After reading about their concerns, CDLLife posted a poll on the app.
We asked drivers on the app, “Would you pick up/deliver to cities with defunded or disbanded police departments? Why or why not?”
As of June 13, 2020, we’ve had over 1,283 respondents and 79% say they will refuse loads to cities with disbanded or defunded police departments.
Here are some of their responses:
“…if something was to happen and you have to take matters into your own hands, and then you risk being prosecuted for protecting yourself.”
“This is not an area you need to act fearless and think you you’d look like a fool for saying no…Imagine what kind of fool you look like for driving into a hot spot and putting your life in danger.”
“I will not deliver to an area with a disbanded police department. My life matter and I do this for my family. We are already at the mercy of these towns and cities with laws and hate against us for parking, getting a meal or even using a restroom.”
“Simple. We may not like it all the time, but laws and order is necessary.”

“Most places we go already can be dicy an about only time you see a cop is when lights is on behind you.”

Amazon announces new delivery trucks for urban shitholes...
hqdefault.jpg

Then someone else will make the dough delivering the goods.
You mean they will deliver the freight? Then they will be a truck driver!
Didn't think that one through, did ya?

Then the company will hire some schlep to deliver, he gets stopped, mugged, beat up, robbed, and quits.
Right back to square one.

Then the company will hire some schlep to deliver, he gets stopped, mugged, beat up, robbed, and quits.
Not everyone lives in fear like yous guys..

Those terrible racist Truck drivers!All are Trump voters and right-wing extremists! A city without police is cool, don't worry, enjoy it, bro!
Just wait a little bit until blacks begin to kill first drivers and loot their trucks.

Truck drivers have been voicing their concerns on the CDLLife App. After reading about their concerns, CDLLife posted a poll on the app.
We asked drivers on the app, “Would you pick up/deliver to cities with defunded or disbanded police departments? Why or why not?”
As of June 13, 2020, we’ve had over 1,283 respondents and 79% say they will refuse loads to cities with disbanded or defunded police departments.
“…if something was to happen and you have to take matters into your own hands, and then you risk being prosecuted for protecting yourself.”
“This is not an area you need to act fearless and think you you’d look like a fool for saying no…Imagine what kind of fool you look like for driving into a hot spot and putting your life in danger.”
“I will not deliver to an area with a disbanded police department. My life matter and I do this for my family. We are already at the mercy of these towns and cities with laws and hate against us for parking, getting a meal or even using a restroom.”

“Most places we go already can be dicy an about only time you see a cop is when lights is on behind you.”

The term has been bastardized, probably on purpose. De-fund, in the literal sense, is the prefix "DE", which simply means "from" or "off of". So, to defund, doesn't mean to erase, it's simply means to remove from.

If a police force is not expected to find efficiencies and expected to grow (as they have in Canada) without restrictions, why would anyone expect BETTER results? If it's a given they will continue to grow, even if crime goes down; you will become like Canada and they will fill their pipelines and create crime.

I see no problem with moving resources from some organizations to the next, the fear mongering I hear particularly on Fox News, is sadly misrepresented. In Toronto every single organization and agency a few years ago were all forced to cut their funds, including those providing food for poor kids, all EXCEPT the Toronto Police. What in the F is that? That's not a union, that's a mob, extorting weak, flaky politicians. Over $700 of $3000 in property taxes, goes directly to police coffers. Crime goes up or down, the police get record funding. How many undercovers are in the field "maintaining threats"?

De-fund means cut some resources. Hire new officers at lower wages, whatever you want to call it. There is nothing nefarious about it. If truckers are there to support police unions, they might find they themselves will be replaced (A.I will have that completed in a decade or so) and you can be sure police unions won't go on strike for their benefit.

I know your police forces are not overpaid like ours are, so it's tough to compare a cop certainly in Texas making $50k a year, to one in T.O making $150k a year with no risk of ever losing his job (literally), but, I think your big cities have major overfunding problems in this area too.

Last edited:

Change the laws for defense. Allow people to carry weapons and have them ready to use.

Appears that all is progressing according to radicalized democrat plans: the piece by piece piecemeal dismantling of our civilizational infrastructure. I founded and own a small security consulting firm. Perhaps trucking companies will want to hire folks like us to ride shotgun into democrat run shitholes across the country. Some of us used to ride convoys as security elements in Iraq and Afghanistan. May as well capitalize on useful skills wherever there's a burgeoning market. Go USA!

Appears that all is progressing according to radicalized democrat plans: the piece by piece piecemeal dismantling of our civilizational infrastructure. I founded and own a small security consulting firm. Perhaps trucking companies will want to hire folks like us to ride shotgun into democrat run shitholes across the country. Some of us used to ride convoys as security elements in Iraq and Afghanistan. May as well capitalize on useful skills wherever there's a burgeoning market. Go USA!

Actually, I think you'd be missing a real opportunity for NOT looking at just such an idea. though not specific to trucking companies. There are places which are looking to eliminate policing, from colleges to corporate buildings etc. You should considering reaching out to such organizations and offering your services, they can appease those who don't want police, by having unarmed security.

I'd go even further and contact major league sports teams who employ sometimes hundreds of cops (at least in T.O) for events and get those contracts. Seriously, you'd expand your business significantly.

And truck drivers don't live in foolish ignorance like you do.

Without the deterrent of law enforcement these truckers are just mobile 7-11s waiting to be robbed and
picked clean. Jesus Christ, you are dumb!

Change the laws for defense. Allow people to carry weapons and have them ready to use.

Such laws already exist.

Well, at least they do in States that are democratic shitholes...

Those terrible racist Truck drivers!All are Trump voters and right-wing extremists
RINOs. It's a labor union, in solidarity with the police union. They're on strike for better wages, gun control, and the rights of truckers to carry guns.
If that is going to happen when the police department is de-funded, the City Hall has a lot more money than city officials are letting on for the general public. They've been over-taxing, fining, stealing, confiscating, misappropriating, and embezzling money from the general public for years and years now, and they've squirreled away vast sums worth of our private property for City and administrative use.

Remember this ? "And there's no police presence down here !" "The LAPD is nowhere to be found !"

Forum List

Back