Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

Truck drivers should arm theselves

I recommend a magazine-fed pump 12-ga shotgun and a high capacity handgun of 10 mm or .45 auto

shoot only as a last resort - meaning there is no chance of escape - but shoot to kill

Those terrible racist Truck drivers!All are Trump voters and right-wing extremists! A city without police is cool, don't worry, enjoy it, bro!
Just wait a little bit until blacks begin to kill first drivers and loot their trucks.

Truck drivers have been voicing their concerns on the CDLLife App. After reading about their concerns, CDLLife posted a poll on the app.
We asked drivers on the app, “Would you pick up/deliver to cities with defunded or disbanded police departments? Why or why not?”
As of June 13, 2020, we’ve had over 1,283 respondents and 79% say they will refuse loads to cities with disbanded or defunded police departments.
Here are some of their responses:
“…if something was to happen and you have to take matters into your own hands, and then you risk being prosecuted for protecting yourself.”
“This is not an area you need to act fearless and think you you’d look like a fool for saying no…Imagine what kind of fool you look like for driving into a hot spot and putting your life in danger.”
“I will not deliver to an area with a disbanded police department. My life matter and I do this for my family. We are already at the mercy of these towns and cities with laws and hate against us for parking, getting a meal or even using a restroom.”
“Simple. We may not like it all the time, but laws and order is necessary.”

“Most places we go already can be dicy an about only time you see a cop is when lights is on behind you.”

Appears that all is progressing according to radicalized democrat plans: the piece by piece piecemeal dismantling of our civilizational infrastructure. I founded and own a small security consulting firm. Perhaps trucking companies will want to hire folks like us to ride shotgun into democrat run shitholes across the country. Some of us used to ride convoys as security elements in Iraq and Afghanistan. May as well capitalize on useful skills wherever there's a burgeoning market. Go USA!

Actually, I think you'd be missing a real opportunity for NOT looking at just such an idea. though not specific to trucking companies. There are places which are looking to eliminate policing, from colleges to corporate buildings etc. You should considering reaching out to such organizations and offering your services, they can appease those who don't want police, by having unarmed security.

I'd go even further and contact major league sports teams who employ sometimes hundreds of cops (at least in T.O) for events and get those contracts. Seriously, you'd expand your business significantly.
A problem with that idea is that hired guns aren't usually kinder gentler people than government sponsored police and can't afford to be. The criminal elements would be as likely to try to eliminate them as regular police. Normal people couldn't afford them. Great way to end up with large numbers of armed militias killing each other for fun and profit.

My roomie used to drive trucks for a few years, and she said that a lot of the places in the big cities that semi trucks dropped off were usually in some of the shadiest areas of that city.

She was warned about being armed all the way back in the 80's.

Yea owner operators get that luxury. Company drivers can refuse to deliver and then are told which terminal to bring the truck to to clean it out because you won't be working for that company anymore.

Not everyone lives in fear like yous guys..
And truck drivers don't live in foolish ignorance like you do.

Without the deterrent of law enforcement these truckers are just mobile 7-11s waiting to be robbed and
picked clean. Jesus Christ, you are dumb!
And these trucks are still going to Seattle so it must not be as bad as envisioned.

Camden NJ defunded police for five years and the plywood manged to get through along with pineapples..

Then someone else will make the dough delivering the goods.
For twice the money, upon which the usual suspects (you know who you are) will start shrieking about the high cost of goods, etc. Then the lawsuits start after the first few get pulled out of the truck and beaten to death. All fun all the time in liberal lala land.

So many truck drivers were beaten and robbed that its doubtful that any companies will allow their product to be shipped into areas where there is no police. Rioters and looters barricaded the highways into Minneapolis this riot.

Camden NJ defunded police for five years and the plywood manged to get through along with pineapples..
Because they had contracted with county services for law enforcement. They didn't defund the police. They simply paid another agency.

Then someone else will make the dough delivering the goods.
You mean they will deliver the freight? Then they will be a truck driver!
Didn't think that one through, did ya?

Then the company will hire some schlep to deliver, he gets stopped, mugged, beat up, robbed, and quits.
Right back to square one.
Not everyone lives in fear like yous guys..

I thought blacks lived in fear of jogging or walking while eating skittles?

I recommend a magazine-fed pump 12-ga shotgun and a high capacity handgun of 10 mm or .45 auto

shoot only as a last resort - meaning there is no chance of escape - but shoot to kill

Yup. If your going into a shady part of any city be armed and don't be afraid to use the weapon. It could save your life.

Yup. If your going into a shady part of any city be armed and don't be afraid to use the weapon. It could save your life.

Again, owner operators get this luxury. Most companies have a "no weapon" policy for their trucks with zero tolerance. Get caught with one and you're gone. That fast.

Forum List

Back