Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

I tore out the map pages for anything east of I-77 and north of I-40 a long time ago...and I stay out of Detroit. Minnesota has no reciprocity with Missouri CCW, so I rarely go there anyway...but Minneapolis and Badlanta are currently off the list...joining Detroit as 'no-go' zones.

I think we're looking at the death throws of the major American cities. You get enough idiots voting for stupidity, this is the result. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will GTFO.

Truck drivers should arm theselves

I recommend a magazine-fed pump 12-ga shotgun and a high capacity handgun of 10 mm or .45 auto

shoot only as a last resort - meaning there is no chance of escape - but shoot to kill
Why put yourself in that situation. Companies SHOULD refuse to deliver to the unsafe areas.

I recommend a magazine-fed pump 12-ga shotgun and a high capacity handgun of 10 mm or .45 auto

shoot only as a last resort - meaning there is no chance of escape - but shoot to kill

WM , and probably others, absolutely forbids their drivers from carrying firearms in the trucks.

We may have to return to the Wild West days when shipping companies had to hire their own security guards to ride on the stagecoaches to provide some sort of protection.

I think we're looking at the death throws of the major American cities. You get enough idiots voting for stupidity, this is the result. Anyone with an ounce of common sense will GTFO

This is why America is failing.
" Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"

I don't blame them. I used to ride with my father when I was younger and he delivered to some shady parts of big cities you really didn't want to go unarmed.
No big deal. Just because almost eveything moves by truck doesn’t mean the lefty shitbags won’t figure something out. Maybe.

Yup. If your going into a shady part of any city be armed and don't be afraid to use the weapon. It could save your life.

Again, owner operators get this luxury. Most companies have a "no weapon" policy for their trucks with zero tolerance. Get caught with one and you're gone. That fast.

To bad. Its either carry a gun or don't go.

There are plenty of independent truckers who haul to every city. You can bet your ass those men and women are armed.

I don't blame them. I used to ride with my father when I was younger and he delivered to some shady parts of big cities you really didn't want to go unarmed.
Well starving them to death is one way. It's slow but it's sure, I guess. Frankly I'd send in the troops with live ammo, get it over with now and stop pidding around with the assholes.

Truckers are promising to bring freight deliveries to a screeching halt in any city that cuts or disbands its police department, a new poll shows.

Three out of four long-haul drivers told CDL News, a website for the commercial trucking industry, that they would fear for their personal safety if a city slashed its number of cops in response to the demonstrations nationwide against police brutality.

Trucking ranks consistently as one of the most dangerous jobs nationwide, labor statistics show. In 2018, the occupation topped the list, followed by construction workers, farmers and ranchers, groundkeepers and miscellaneous agricultural employees.

Those of us doing this job vow to halt deliveries, can you blame us?

Truckers are promising to bring freight deliveries to a screeching halt in any city that cuts or disbands its police department, a new poll shows.

Three out of four long-haul drivers told CDL News, a website for the commercial trucking industry, that they would fear for their personal safety if a city slashed its number of cops in response to the demonstrations nationwide against police brutality.

Trucking ranks consistently as one of the most dangerous jobs nationwide, labor statistics show. In 2018, the occupation topped the list, followed by construction workers, farmers and ranchers, groundkeepers and miscellaneous agricultural employees.

Those of us doing this job vow to halt delivering to these cities, can you bl

It actually is one of the dangerous jobs. You have idiots on the highway that don't have a clue about how to drive little own how something large handles. They are driving in all kinds of conditions. Then you have those that think they can make a profit off the contents of what the trucker is hauling.

Can't say as I would blame them.

Just a thousand was polled
Irrelevant

Any trucker with a brain will avoid Hotspot or lawless areas.
22944.jpg

Those of us doing this job vow to halt delivering to these cities, can you bl

fearing for you safety in a poll is a long way from refusing to deliver to those cities.

Those of us doing this job vow to halt deliveries, can you blame us?

Disband is quite different than defund. Does this mean they won't be delivering to New York or Los Angeles? Both cities have cut their budgets and in NY, they've cut 600 plain clothed officers.

Citizens have to choose where they want their resources to go. In Canada, we just want some accountability about their spending. I get the feeling some in the U.S are looking for the same.

Forum List

Back