Truck Drivers Say They Won’t Deliver To Cities with Defunded Police Departments

Refuse a delivery, YOU'RE FIRED!!!!
Someone else will get the job done while you starve.
Doubtful.

Truck drivers are in critically short supply and companies aren't going to axe a good driver who refuses to drive into a zone of civil unrest.

And if they did...that driver would have a new job before the sun went down.

This is from eight days ago...

They've been claiming that for decades, and it's load of lies, they run people off faster than they can hire them, but yeah, jobs are easy to get, even when there are 10 CDLs for every truck on the road now. The Feds have been subsidizing training theri employees for them since the 1970's. They're as bad as the green card lobbyists.
Lot of companies paying 50 cents a mile with trucks decked out with APUs and refrigerators...plus paying $3000 sign on bonuses.

I don't think they'd be doing that is there wasn't a shortage.

They do it now because fewer drivers can afford it than in the past. Those 'bonuses' all have strings attached; they don't give anybody check for $3,000 the day they sign on. What they call a 'shortage' is not having 5 drivers sitting around for free for every load they actually have available, and willing to stay out for 5 weeks at a time for chump change.

I totally agree with truckers who won't deliver to cities that defund police!

The truckers have families and I absolutely understand them why they are doing this!

Bless them, they are patriots! :thup:

Truckers are promising to bring freight deliveries to a screeching halt in any city that cuts or disbands its police department, a new poll shows.

Three out of four long-haul drivers told CDL News, a website for the commercial trucking industry, that they would fear for their personal safety if a city slashed its number of cops in response to the demonstrations nationwide against police brutality.

Trucking ranks consistently as one of the most dangerous jobs nationwide, labor statistics show. In 2018, the occupation topped the list, followed by construction workers, farmers and ranchers, groundkeepers and miscellaneous agricultural employees.

Those of us doing this job vow to halt deliveries, can you blame us?
/—-/ I saw the photo of the trucker dragged out of his rig and beaten. You need to boycott those cities.

Maybe at one time in the past, but in today's driving force, experienced good drivers are hard to find. You have a couple televised incidents where drivers are injured and equipment is destroyed, and companies will join them.

Doubtful.

Truck drivers are in critically short supply and companies aren't going to axe a good driver who refuses to drive into a zone of civil unrest.

They've been claiming that for decades, and it's load of lies, they run people off faster than they can hire them, but yeah, jobs are easy to get, even when there are 10 CDLs for every truck on the road now. The Feds have been subsidizing training theri employees for them since the 1970's. They're as bad as the green card lobbyists.
Lot of companies paying 50 cents a mile with trucks decked out with APUs and refrigerators...plus paying $3000 sign on bonuses.

They do it now because fewer drivers can afford it than in the past. Those 'bonuses' all have strings attached; they don't give anybody check for $3,000 the day they sign on. What they call a 'shortage' is not having 5 drivers sitting around for free for every load they actually have available, and willing to stay out for 5 weeks at a time for chump change.

You're either a rookie, or don't know how to find a good trucking job....

Who could blame them? Nobody wants their truck surrounded by hundreds of unstable young people. I'll take the police any day.

Doubtful.

You must be a desperate sucker. Ex-con? Lived in a dying small town before selling out to be a homeless hobo living in a camper 52 weeks a year?

Doubtful.

I'd imagine not...you pay a guy three grand on his first day...there probably isn't going to be a second day...that driver will be signed on with someone collecting another $3000 check.

But they are getting the bonus...usually 500 dollars every three months and 1500 at the one year anniversary.

I think there is a shortage. Every owner I know is looking for drivers. They have more work than they can do.

But I don't know the company driver side at all. I've owned trucks since the 90s and the only company drivers I see on a regular basis are TMC, Maverick and a few other flatbed companies...and UPS which we contract to for peak holiday season in November and December.

Doubtful.

You must be a desperate sucker. Ex-con? Lived in a dying small town before selling out to be a homeless hobo living in a camper 52 weeks a year?

Are you describing yourself here? Or just upset that someone has made a pretty good life without the indoctrination of a University system marxist grinder mill?

Doubtful.

I'd imagine not...you pay a guy three grand on his first day...there probably isn't going to be a second day...that driver will be signed on with someone collecting another $3000 check.

But they are getting the bonus...usually 500 dollars every three months and 1500 at the one year anniversary.

I think there is a shortage. Every owner I know is looking for drivers. They have more work than they can do.

But I don't know the company driver side at all. I've owned trucks since the 90s and the only company drivers I see on a regular basis are TMC, Maverick and a few other flatbed companies...and UPS which we contract to for peak holiday season in November and December.

The sign on bonuses are nice, but usually forecast turn over...What Truckers like myself are looking for has more to do with weekly pay, hometime, and companies, and dispatchers that don't constantly lie to them.

Forum List

Back