True Bigotry

Phil Robertson vs. A&E is yet another media-brewed storm that I don't give a flying fuck about...

I hadn't even ever heard of this guy until two days ago...

:lol: me neither, and looking at the show, it strikes me as just another make-fun-of-redneck stereotypes "reality show" few of which resemble reality. However, the guy is smart - he's raking in the money.

It's all just business but someone's twat is in a twist and they have to play the religious persecution card on behalf of a religion that represents some 90% of our nation, has government holidays set, and has significant public influence but still cries persecution:eusa_boohoo:

you think he was using god? so, ...he wasn't being truthful...or?

Phil Robertson vs. A&E is yet another media-brewed storm that I don't give a flying fuck about...

:lol: me neither, and looking at the show, it strikes me as just another make-fun-of-redneck stereotypes "reality show" few of which resemble reality. However, the guy is smart - he's raking in the money.

It's all just business but someone's twat is in a twist and they have to play the religious persecution card on behalf of a religion that represents some 90% of our nation, has government holidays set, and has significant public influence but still cries persecution:eusa_boohoo:

yes...anything to boost popularity and sales...

Nope, simply the right of one private company to set whatever employment policies it sees fit and make whatever business decisions it see's fit, as long as it's within the law.

That's all it is.

yes, a&e certainly has a right to do what they please, if they see his remarks as casting them in a bad light, or somehow running against or counter to the image they wish to put out, *shrugs*.

But let it be said, they knew exactly what they were getting.
Phil has said things like this before, whether anyone is offended or not, its a little late for the fainting couch. If they are surprised that he spoke this way, then they are fools or employed a self willed ignorance. Maybe they thought he'd keep a sock in it, but when it took off and the $$ started rolling in they had to know this was going to happen. Fame does that.......Maybe they made the calculation that they would just deal with it when it happened, so, its happened and they did what they did.

They may have decided that the gravy train is over and they'll roll the the season in the can and drop them......

Yup. And in the end, it's about business. Ironically - this whole hoopla probably worked to Duckie's benefit. I never heard of him or his show before but now it's all over the internet media. Good publicity? Bad publicity? We'll see, but it's business in the end :)

All I know is this. I would not mind one single bit seeing a no holds barred Texas steel cage death match between the duck dynasty people people and the real housewives of New Jersey...

And I want Justin Beiber to be the ref, complete with his python hanging from his neck...as long as the python has a telling silhouette of what looks to be a small, pet monkey in his mid section...and maybe he could dress up like santa and put cool reindeer horns on the snake.

One more thing. I want the duck dynasty people and the real housewives to wear 5 inch stilettos sort of to even out the odds...and also for eye gouging.

Oh no, I think his religious beliefs are sincere though the rednecky put on might be exagerated - but he's also a sound businessman. That is very evident. Kudus to him :)

Oh no, I think his religious beliefs are sincere though the rednecky put on might be exagerated - but he's also a sound businessman. That is very evident. Kudus to him :)

how is it evident? thru this issue?

how is it evident? thru this issue?

No, not necessarily through this issue - but through his overall business success: Duck Dynasty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - you don't get wealthy operating a family business if you aren't a good businessman...:dunno:

It is not up to you to decide who is and who is not a Christian.
It's easy to see who IS and IS NOT a real Christian. "You shall know them by their fruit." A REAL Christian doesn't demonize the poor, the elderly, the hungry, the sick and children in favor of the rich and war.

it is also not up to you to decide who is and who is not a Christian.

neither of you are Christian or have any idea what is it so you have no idea what you are talking about to start with. One is Jewish the other one is an atheist, but both pretend to know all about Christianity :lol:

Oh I see, we don't get to decide, only you do. Here's a clue, I follow Jesus teachings, you don't. You bare false witness against me. "You shall know them by their fruit." False witness is bad fruit dude. You have exposed your evil.

Behind the suspension of Phil Robertson: one more attempt to silence and marginalize any who don't conform to political correctness.

Nope, simply the right of one private company to set whatever employment policies it sees fit and make whatever business decisions it see's fit, as long as it's within the law.

That's all it is.

Did you ever consider the possibility that it could be perfectly legal, and wrong? Or would that destroy your faith in the law?

The truth here is that this is not a debate about employment contracts. On that level, A&E is 100% right. You limiting the discussion to that when others point out that A&E doesn't have a single show that is designed to show Christianity in a positive light leaves people with the impression that you are in favor of bigotry.

It's the latest UPROAR in vogue of those on the fringe of the far right of the ultra social conservative fringe.

I didn't know GLAAD was part of the "fringe of the far right of the ultra social conservative fringe," I learn something new every day.

Behind the suspension of Phil Robertson: one more attempt to silence and marginalize any who don't conform to political correctness.

Seems that A &E didn't get what they believed they were getting....

1."...why A&E would cut off its nose to spite its face. Duck Dynasty is the franchise right now. Why would they risk destroying their own cash cow?
.....Duck Dynasty is not the show that they wanted, it is the show that got away from them.

2. ....the producers intended and what A&E envisioned with the show is much different than the show that they ended up with, but they didn't do anything about it because it was so wildly popular and so wildly profitable.

3. This is what happened. The whole idea of the show was to parade these nouveau riche Christian hillbillies around so that we could laugh at them. "Look at them," we were supposed to say. "Look how backward they are! Look what they believe! Can you believe they really live this way and believe this stuff? See how they don't fit in? HAHAHA"

4. When the producers saw the way the show was shaping up, different than they envisioned it, they tried to change course. They tried to get the Robertson's to tone down their Christianity, but to their eternal credit they refused.

5. They tried to add fake cussin' to the show by inserting bleeps where no cussword was uttered. At best, they wanted to make the Robertson's look like crass buffoons. At worst they wanted them to look like hypocrites.

6. They desperately wanted us to laugh at the Robertsons. Instead, we loved them.

7. A&E wanted us to point fingers at them and laugh at them. But something else happened entirely. .... We pointed at them and said things like, "I wish my family was more like them. I wish we prayed together as a family. I wish we were together like the Robertsons."

8. But the progressives whose bank accounts were not growing fatter because of these backward rubes were never inclined to look the other way. They hate the show and they really hate the response to the show. They want it destroyed.

9. When Phil backed the Christian viewpoint on homosexuality and added some personal asides about how he just couldn't understand it, they had their moment.

10. I suspect that the Robertsons are more principled than that and A&E will end up disappointed on many levels. The Roberstons are who they are and I suspect the money means a great deal more to A&E than it does to them.
It will be interesting to see whether A&E likes the money more than they hate the Christianity. I wouldn't be surprised if the hate wins."
Duck Dynasty: The Show That Got Away |Blogs | NCRegister.com

Is this thread a fowl joke? You are a bigot; you are intolerant of everyone who dares to question your opinions (well, most of your opinion aren't yours, but that's been vetted often and elsewhere) and silence them - or try to - with personal attacks and sarcasm.

Only folks who are really, really stupid.....and that's why you feel my "personal attacks and sarcasm" so very often.

I bet you thought I’d run out of ways to humiliate you.

OK...I admit that I get that warm, fuzzy feeling that only cruelty to the stupid can provide.

How often must I remind you to use only those words that you can define....although than might relegate you to emoticons.....

Bigot:
a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Unless you include 'really, really stupid people' in that definition, I'm not one.

Care to make the argument that I am?

We, at least you know how we feel when we are being cruel to you.

Is this thread a fowl joke? You are a bigot; you are intolerant of everyone who dares to question your opinions (well, most of your opinion aren't yours, but that's been vetted often and elsewhere) and silence them - or try to - with personal attacks and sarcasm.

Only folks who are really, really stupid.....and that's why you feel my "personal attacks and sarcasm" so very often.

OK...I admit that I get that warm, fuzzy feeling that only cruelty to the stupid can provide.

How often must I remind you to use only those words that you can define....although than might relegate you to emoticons.....

Bigot:
a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Unless you include 'really, really stupid people' in that definition, I'm not one.

I know you're a jerk, and I try to treat you in the appropriate manner, but like the proverbial blind squirrel, you find an acorn now and then.

In this case, the acorn is the way people feel.

If I thought that you'd go hang yourself when I smack you around, I wouldn't do so....wait...don't take that as a promise.

When people say things that are unkind, I know enough to shrug it off. And say something back....you've been exposed to my freak-mode.

So....when did we vote to have a new entitlement "The Right Not To Be Offended"?

And what makes you believe (I almost wrote 'think'...but that would have prevented you from answering) that gay folks, or blacks, or Jews, or any other group is so frangible that they need to be prevented from ever, ever hearing an unkind word???

What, are you stronger than they are?

Bottom line: any censorship is abhorrent to the American ideal.
Any.

And said comment surely doesn't deserve losing ones livelihood over.

Coulter said it cleverly, here:
"Thrilled with their role as ‘white friend-of-the-blacks,’ many found that they could actually make a living at it! The part requires sneering at nonexistent racists, and memorizing one line:
“Goddam it, this may cost me my career but I’m going to speak up for racial equality and let the chips fall where they may!”

Bigot:

And we would make the mistake of somehow thinking that knowing how others might feel would make you a better person, rising above deeds that have caused you pain or despair. But, no, libturds prefer to grovel in the same filth they claim others cherish. So, instead of rising above the evil, you embrace it and return it in multiples. Nice.

Bigot:

And we would make the mistake of somehow thinking that knowing how others might feel would make you a better person, rising above deeds that have caused you pain or despair. But, no, libturds prefer to grovel in the same filth they claim others cherish. So, instead of rising above the evil, you embrace it and return it in multiples. Nice.

Calling anyone a libturd only proves that you reside in the cesspool of hell. You don't rise above evil, you manifest it. You are an antichrist that drives souls from God.

Forum List

Back