Trump and his family could save more than $1 billion under House tax bill

Poor LWNJ's. They hate paying taxes ,but love it when "the rich" pay.

If you uh, don't like our ,, um, policies, well, uhhh, umm, Go out and umm, win some elections.
- Saint Obama , the clean and articulate

Nope, I feel patriotic every time I stroke a check for my quarterly estimated.

How nice for you.

If you are so happy to pay taxes why don't you pay extra?

The money has already been taxed once already.

Maybe - a lot of mega rich people (Trumps are a case in point) have a dozen or more accountants and attorneys who devise endlessly creative ways to avoid them.

Regardless - the country was very very good to these people. They can kick in a little something to reduce the horrific national debt.

Oh, that horrific national debt that Obama doubled in only 8 years? You mean THAT horrific national debt?

Won't Trump be dead?

Yep, it benefits his family the most but himself mightily in the meantime.

This estate tax repeal crap is nonsense - nobody needs to inherit more than 5.43 million without paying taxes on amounts over that.

Whether they NEED it isn't the issue. It's their money, and the country is better off if it stays with the family rather than government bureacrats getting their greedy fingers on it.

That's a matter of opinion. I inherited a good amount less than what at the time was a cap of a couple million. But had i inherited three million, i'd have been happy to pay taxes on that extra mil.

We're all in this together - or perhaps you could share some ideas about how we pay down the 20 trillion we owe?

Why didn't you just donate, whatever you thought the tax rate it should be, to the treasury?

If you didn't, you are a hypocrite!

All tax money goes into a common pool. The theory that you can designate specific sources to to specific purposes is shear idiocy. It's also a con. If all inheritance taxes went to pay off the deficit, the politicians would simply use some that was being used to pay the interest for some other boondoggle.

Thanks (i guess) for not addressing my post. Sorry, but indeed our Congress could earmark all inheritance taxes to directly pay down the national debt.

But as long YOUR clowns are in charge, it ain't gonna happen. They'll use it in some manner to appease their overlords and fuck the middle class.

Look up the word "fungible".

Dr. Love was told two Brazilians were killed in a plane crash, so he/she/it asked "OMG! How many zeroes are there in a Brazilian"?

Okay - I was fairly certain i knew what the word meant in general terms (commodities bartered for goods or services), but not necessarily on a financial level. But i'm still not sure I understand why taxes collected for a certain thing, can't be earmarked and directed toward another certain thing.

Definition of fungible
1:being something (such as money or a commodity) of such a nature that one part or quantity may be replaced by another equal part or quantity in paying a debt or settling an account
  • Oil, wheat, and lumber are fungible commodities.

• fungible goods
2:capable of mutual substitution :interchangeable
  • … the court's postulate that male and female jurors must be regarded as fungible
  • —George Will
3:readily changeable to adapt to new situations :flexible
  • Managers typically use more than a hundred different lineups over the course of the season. Batting orders are so fungible that few players last long in one spot.
  • —Tom Verducci

Why didn't you just donate, whatever you thought the tax rate it should be, to the treasury?

Yes, I've seen this swiss cheese logic before and it doesn't hold up. Sure, I could have done that .. but unless everyone is asked to do it, my largesse would be a drop in the bucket. I don't see charity in the same way - that almost seems to be the leap you're taking.

Oh, that horrific national debt that Obama doubled in only 8 years? You mean THAT horrific national debt?

Obama was racking up interest on Junior's 2 trillion dollar blunder in the middle east, Medicare D, and other things most of which were unfunded. Take that out, and his spending was on par with GWB's. Plus, he reduced Dubya's fiscal deficit by over 60%.

As a fiscal conservative, I don't hardly see how Donald John is going to be anything other than worse.. He might add another 1.5 trillion to the debt with tax cuts - 85% of which will go to corporations (who are doing quite well) and the wealthiest 2%. And his military spending and interventionist bluster is bound to cost again as much.

That's a leftwing myth. Trump certainly never said so.

Are you suggesting that my quotes are inaccurate? BS

“It’s not good for me. Believe me,” he said at a Sept. 27 event in Indiana to sell the plan. “My plan is for the working people, and my plan is for jobs. I don’t benefit,” he also said that day.

And earlier this month, according to NBC News, Trump told a group of Democratic senators in a phone call, "My accountant called me and said 'you're going to get killed in this bill.’”​

It would have saved him 20 million on his 2005 tax return (the only one we have) alone. What a damn liar Fuckface Von Clownstick is eh? :blahblah:

President Donald Trump has insisted, for months, that the Republican tax plan he supports won’t benefit him.

“It’s not good for me. Believe me,” he said at a Sept. 27 event in Indiana to sell the plan. “My plan is for the working people, and my plan is for jobs. I don’t benefit,” he also said that day.

And earlier this month, according to NBC News, Trump told a group of Democratic senators in a phone call, "My accountant called me and said 'you're going to get killed in this bill.’”

In fact, Trump and his heirs potentially could save more than $1 billion overall under the GOP tax proposal that the House of Representatives passed Thursday, with most of that amount coming from a repeal of the estate tax, according to an analysis NBC News commissioned of Trump’s one known 2005 tax return and his estimated net worth.​

Trump and his family could save over $1 billion under House tax bill

Screen-Shot-2013-05-03-at-12.46.00-PM.png
downloadfile-11.jpg

Won't Trump be dead?

This estate tax repeal crap is nonsense - nobody needs to inherit more than 5.43 million without paying taxes on amounts over that.
This "needs" business is bullshit.

When the Left starts talking about how much money I need, it's time to draw my gun and start dropping some commies.

Haha...funny shit...come on Loon STFU...you're probably the biggest LefTard on this site...don't try to play that shit now.

Won't Trump be dead?

that doesn't make sense. The recipient of the inheritance hasn't paid tax on that money.

Exactly - A multi-million dollar windfall is income, plain & simple

Yeah, she was a horrible candidate. So that's fair if you subtract Russian trolls and Comey.
Russian trolls?

Trump flipped former Democratic districts. So the take away? Democrats are stupid and fell for Russian troll posts?

Nah - white, blue collar moderates in the rustbelt fell for the Russian troll posts.

In the end, Trump won the electoral college by 78,000 votes in two states -

A couple hundred million Facebook & Twitter views of shit like this were more than enough to flip it to tRump.

1eopy4.jpg

Dr. Love was told two Brazilians were killed in a plane crash, so he/she/it asked "OMG! How many zeroes are there in a Brazilian"?

Okay - I was fairly certain i knew what the word meant in general terms (commodities bartered for goods or services), but not necessarily on a financial level. But i'm still not sure I understand why taxes collected for a certain thing, can't be earmarked and directed toward another certain thing.

Definition of fungible
1:being something (such as money or a commodity) of such a nature that one part or quantity may be replaced by another equal part or quantity in paying a debt or settling an account
  • Oil, wheat, and lumber are fungible commodities.

• fungible goods
2:capable of mutual substitution :interchangeable
  • … the court's postulate that male and female jurors must be regarded as fungible
  • —George Will
3:readily changeable to adapt to new situations :flexible
  • Managers typically use more than a hundred different lineups over the course of the season. Batting orders are so fungible that few players last long in one spot.
  • —Tom Verducci

Earmarking them for a certain item frees up the funds that would pay for the national debt to be used on something else frivolous.

Obama was racking up interest on Junior's 2 trillion dollar blunder in the middle east, Medicare D, and other things most of which were unfunded. Take that out, and his spending was on par with GWB's. Plus, he reduced Dubya's fiscal deficit by over 60%.

As a fiscal conservative, I don't hardly see how Donald John is going to be anything other than worse.. He might add another 1.5 trillion to the debt with tax cuts - 85% of which will go to corporations (who are doing quite well) and the wealthiest 2%. And his military spending and interventionist bluster is bound to cost again as much.

The corporations and wealthiest 2% pay about 85% of the taxes too! Why shouldn't they get a cut?

Yes, I've seen this swiss cheese logic before and it doesn't hold up. Sure, I could have done that .. but unless everyone is asked to do it, my largesse would be a drop in the bucket. I don't see charity in the same way - that almost seems to be the leap you're taking.

You don't see it because you are a hypocrite.

Every little bit help.

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

If you donate what you consider to be your fair share, and every liberal out there does the same, the deficit would be knocked down a good bit.

Won't Trump be dead?

that doesn't make sense. The recipient of the inheritance hasn't paid tax on that money.

Exactly - A multi-million dollar windfall is income, plain & simple

That money has already been taxed, therefore it is NOT a windfall. It is not applying additional taxes on money that has already been taxed.

You need to learn the meanings of the words you use.

Forum List

Back