Trump and NATO

bailing out of NATO was one of Trumps campaign rants. Damn good thing he stands by his word.

oh, wait ...

Pence offers ‘unwavering’ NATO pledge
/--- During his election campaign, Trump repeatedly said that the US should scrap its security agreements with Europe if its allies continue to shirk their fair share of the defense bill. He is committed to NATO but wants everyone to pay their fair share. Sorry the news is so confusing for you.

Blitzer: Do you think the United States needs to rethink U.S. involvement in NATO?

Trump: Yes, because it’s costing us too much money. And frankly they have to put up more money. They’re going to have to put some up also. We’re paying disproportionately. It’s too much. And frankly it’s a different world than it was when we originally conceived of the idea. And everybody got together.

But we’re taking care of, as an example, the Ukraine. I mean, the countries over there don’t seem to be so interested. We’re the ones taking the brunt of it. So I think we have to reconsider keep NATO, but maybe we have to pay a lot less toward the NATO itself.

Blitzer: When we say keep NATO, NATO has been around since right after World War II in 1949. It’s been a cornerstone of U.S. national security around the world. NATO allies hear you say that, they’re not going to be happy.

Trump: Well, they may not be happy but, you know, they have to help us also. It has to be — we are paying disproportionately. And very importantly if you use Ukraine as an example and that’s a great example, the country surrounding Ukraine, I mean, they don’t seem to care as much about it as we do. So there has to be at least a change in philosophy and there are also has to be a change in the cut out, the money, the spread because it’s too much.

Blitzer: So you’re really suggesting the United States should decrease its role in NATO?

Trump: Not decrease its role but certainly decrease the kind of spending. We are spending a tremendous amount in NATO and other people proportionately less. No good.

there ya go.

Blitzer: Do you think the United States needs to rethink U.S. involvement in NATO?

Trump: Yes, because it’s costing us too much money. And frankly they have to put up more money. They’re going to have to put some up also. We’re paying disproportionately. It’s too much. And frankly it’s a different world than it was when we originally conceived of the idea. And everybody got together.

But we’re taking care of, as an example, the Ukraine. I mean, the countries over there don’t seem to be so interested. We’re the ones taking the brunt of it. So I think we have to reconsider keep NATO, but maybe we have to pay a lot less toward the NATO itself.

Blitzer: When we say keep NATO, NATO has been around since right after World War II in 1949. It’s been a cornerstone of U.S. national security around the world. NATO allies hear you say that, they’re not going to be happy.

Trump: Well, they may not be happy but, you know, they have to help us also. It has to be — we are paying disproportionately. And very importantly if you use Ukraine as an example and that’s a great example, the country surrounding Ukraine, I mean, they don’t seem to care as much about it as we do. So there has to be at least a change in philosophy and there are also has to be a change in the cut out, the money, the spread because it’s too much.

Blitzer: So you’re really suggesting the United States should decrease its role in NATO?

Trump: Not decrease its role but certainly decrease the kind of spending. We are spending a tremendous amount in NATO and other people proportionately less. No good.

there ya go.

"Trump: Not decrease its role but certainly decrease the kind of spending. We are spending a tremendous amount in NATO and other people proportionately less. No good.

there ya go."

Pence said "In pledging the Trump administration’s support for NATO, Pence said the U.S. expected all countries to live up to commitments to spend at least 2 percent of gross domestic product spending into defense."

You are revealing the fact that you are either a liar, or an inability to string two thoughts together.

there ya go.

"Trump: Not decrease its role but certainly decrease the kind of spending. We are spending a tremendous amount in NATO and other people proportionately less. No good.

there ya go."

Pence said "In pledging the Trump administration’s support for NATO, Pence said the U.S. expected all countries to live up to commitments to spend at least 2 percent of gross domestic product spending into defense."

You are revealing the fact that you are either a liar, or an inability to string two thoughts together.
So I guess Trump will shutter military bases and installations in the countries that are not paying their fair share? That would be refreshing.

there ya go.

there ya go."

So I guess Trump will shutter military bases and installations in the countries that are not paying their fair share? That would be refreshing.

there ya go.

there ya go."

judging your friends by the size of their wallet works for Trump when he builds a condo complex in Florida, so why not judge your friends the same way in a firefight in the mideast?

there ya go.

there ya go."

hey Gomer, I posted exactly what was said correcting myself, how does that make me a liar?

there ya go.

there ya go."

there ya go.

there ya go."

judging your friends by the size of their wallet works for Trump when he builds a condo complex in Florida, so why not judge your friends the same way in a firefight in the mideast?
Is there something wrong with you, stupidity aside?

there ya go.

there ya go."

there ya go.

there ya go."

your willful ignorance comes to mind.

there ya go.

there ya go."

there ya go.

there ya go."

Sorry. The OP is simply stupid. Butt hurt has to managed and is not license for absurdity.

there ya go."

there ya go."

Sorry. The OP is simply stupid. Butt hurt has to managed and is not license for absurdity.

apparently you're too fucking dumb to understand why I posted Trump's exact words too ...

for the record and the rest of the dumbasses out there, I corrected myself ... something little pissants cant comprehend, and never do.

apparently you're too fucking dumb to understand why I posted Trump's exact words too ...

for the record and the rest of the dumbasses out there, I corrected myself ... something little pissants cant comprehend, and never do.
Just manage your butt hurt next time, OK?

What a pleasant little boy you are.

I have seen too many posters do what you just did and think that they were supporting their argument.

Kudos to you for NOT letting your partisan bias literally blind you to the words you were reading.

NOw, that being said, how many people expect Europe to live up to their obligations and what happens when they don't?

(with all due respect for the few that ARE doing that)

there ya go.

You got skunked. Mop up your hurt feelings, apologize and move on!

Last edited:

there ya go.

there ya go."

there ya go.

there ya go."

Please elaborate.

Forum List

Back