Trump and the stock market

Trump has nothing to do with the ups and downs of the market and neither did Obama.

The market goes up. The market goes down. Happens all of the time.

I'm sure Trump watch's it because of his business but he sure doesn't control it and neither does anyone else.
Trump boasts: 'The reason our stock market is so successful is because of me'

He may think that but its not so.

The market goes up and down on its own.

No one controls it.
The beauty of this thread is that Trump lovers are forced to admit he's a dumbass who doesn't know how the Dow works.

I do think we are headed into a recession and Trump doesn't have anything to do with it.

It will be the Greenspan, W, Obama, Bernanke recession.

If there was one person responsible for the housing bubble it was Greenspan. W and Obama helped create TARP. Obama spearheaded the porkulas package. Bernanke kept on QEing.

Add to that many of these tech companies are WAY over valued.

I almost completely agree.

Except Trump does have some responsibility for the markets.

His ridiculous - and needless - trade war rhetoric has been hurting the economy almost all year.
He should have done what he promised and cleaned out the Fed...he didn't.

I agree with all the things you say...except for saying Trump 'doesn't have anything to do with it'.

Trump has nothing to do with the ups and downs of the market and neither did Obama.

I'm sure Trump watch's it because of his business but he sure doesn't control it and neither does anyone else.
Trump boasts: 'The reason our stock market is so successful is because of me'

He may think that but its not so.

The market goes up and down on its own.

No one controls it.
The beauty of this thread is that Trump lovers are forced to admit he's a dumbass who doesn't know how the Dow works.
How true. The Trump supporters do not know much about anything.

I do think we are headed into a recession and Trump doesn't have anything to do with it.
The pseudocons have been attributing low unemployment and a "booming economy" to Trump. So he gets the blame if and when it tanks.

Benchmarks are a real bitch when they come back and hit you in your own face.

Oh I'm sure some of what he has done has helped the market but the market is its own animal .

Trump talks a much bigger game than he produces. In 2018 the market is flat. He is underperforming Obama in percentage growth.
View attachment 229918
Here's another Trump lover participating in this thread bragging about good times for the Dow.
His username is
And for what, 6 years of the mulattos dictatorship the FED INTEREST RATE WAS EFFECTIVELY ZERO!

How many times has the FED RAISED RATES UNDER TRUMP?....Logic and common sense lacking in the ABNORMAL mind!
It was a different economy, genius.
So, in your pea sized brain, the FED RATES have nothing to do with the market.....ABNORMAL LOGIC 101
Here you are, previously bragging about the Dow going up.
Donald Trump might go down in history as the greatest president of all time
Hypocrite.

In Trump’s first year there were easily 50 threads a week giving Trump all the credit for the rising market...now all of a sudden he has nothing to do with the market.

You sheep are funny people!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Is the OP intellectually dishonest, trolling, critically thought challenged and/or a liar? Simple terms for idiots:

Let's say you had cancer and lost 80 pounds off a stature of 200 lbs. It required 8 years to regain 70 pounds while under Obama's care. Why would there be such great weight gain, could it be because you had reached rock bottom? In two years you gained another 20 under Trump's care. Does that mean you performed better under Obama's care, and are they apples to apples or apples to oranges?

Say a baseball team had a losing record. They won 40 and lost 80. Then Obama managed them to 60 wins and 60 losses, just missing the post season. Trump managed them to 70 wins and 50 losses, and they won the world series. According to the OP, Obama out-performed Trump in percentage growth, and there's a graph to "prove it".

BTW rock dummies, interest rates have a DIRECT impact on the stock market. They were historically low on Obama's watch, because they understood an increase would devastate the market and housing. The rates rose immediately once Trump was inaugurated, probably because of consumer confidence in Trump. They're still too low, but increases show some correction.

Last edited:

It will be the Greenspan, W, Obama, Bernanke recession.

If there was one person responsible for the housing bubble it was Greenspan. W and Obama helped create TARP. Obama spearheaded the porkulas package. Bernanke kept on QEing.

Add to that many of these tech companies are WAY over valued.
I agree that the housing bubble was on Greenspan, primarily.

Since Trump's election, the gop congress and WH have pushed an deficit driving expansionist policy, while the Fed has been attempting ease the amount of stimulus. Generally bad things happen when one hand does the opposite of the other, and generally I think the Fed is the more "prudent."

Although Greenspan was overly concerned with inflation in the 90s and then ignored his duty as a lending regulator in the 00s

In Trump’s first year there were easily 50 threads a week giving Trump all the credit for the rising market...now all of a sudden he has nothing to do with the market.

Ayup!

DOW Closing In On 25,000.Who Will Dems/Liberals/Liberal Hosts Give All Credit To?

Great: DOW 25,000!!... (The moderators have closed that one to protect the rubes from embarrassment)

More Trump Winning: Stocks Hit New Highs -- Records Smashed...

UUGE Trump Winning!: Records His 23rd New Stock Market High - Market Up 17% Since Election...

Trump Winning: S&P And Nasdaq Hit All-Time Highs!...

But the tax cuts affected the market then, and the waning effect is affecting it now. Neither effect is helpful to us workers anyway.

Sure because the market reacted favorably to his being elected. I believe it did the same when Barry was elected.

In reality the President can do some things to help the market but the market is its own animal.

At least that's how I see it.

The stock market isn't a bellwether for Trump's job performance. and I've been saying it when the market was hitting highs as well.

At this point in Obama's presidency, the Dow was up 41 percent from the day of his inauguration. And that was despite the Dow continuing to dive for the first two months of Obama's presidency.

At this point in Trump's presidency, the Dow is up 23.6 percent.

The stock market has been less than impressed by Trump.

Is the OP intellectually dishonest, trolling, critically thought challenged and/or a liar? Simple terms for idiots:

Let's say you had cancer and lost 80 pounds off a stature of 200 lbs. It required 8 years to regain 70 pounds while under Obama's care. Why would there be such great weight gain, could it be because you had reached rock bottom? In two years you gained another 20 under Trump's care. Does that mean you performed better under Obama's care, and are they apples to apples or apples to oranges?

Say a baseball team had a losing record. They won 40 and lost 80. Then Obama managed them to 60 wins and 60 losses, just missing the post season. Trump managed them to 70 wins and 50 losses, and they won the world series. According to the OP, Obama out-performed Trump in percentage growth, and there's a graph to "prove it".

BTW rock dummies, interest rates have a DIRECT impact on the stock market. They were historically low on Obama's watch, because they understood an increase would devastate the market and housing. The rates rose immediately once Trump was inaugurated, probably because of consumer confidence in Trump. They're still too low, but increases show some correction.
You left the GOP'S 2007 recession out of your useless analogy. Obama had to deal with cancer because of Bush.
Dr. Obama officially ended the GOP recession, aka cancer.
Edit your analogy.

You were one of the people attributing the Dow's performance to Trump. You hailed and hailed and hailed Trump for making the Dow rise.

So you get to eat shit if and when the Dow drops. If you aren't blaming Trump for the dive right now, then you are the hypocrite we all know you to be.

You did this shit during Obama. You refused to credit Obama for the rise in the Dow.

You are one of the stinkiest of the rotten stenched hypocrites on this forum.

Forum List

Back