trump can't get anyone to post his bond

He didn't tell them no, they never asked.

He commented on how he "would have" ruled, but he was never asked to make such a ruling. If they had asked and were denied, then they would have had grounds to delay the trial and request via an interlockerly appeal on the jury question.

But FPOTUS#45 lawyers screwed the pooch on not filing a motion requesting a jury trial. Meaning jury trial is now not an appealable issue.

WW
That trial was not eligible for a jury anyway.

Summary judgement on the underlying issue, followed by a few months of a penalty phase.

No. Summary judgement on 1 of 7 claims.

Oct 2023 to Jan 2024 trial on the penalty for 1 of 7 claims and trial of fact and penalty on the other 6.

WW

It's all the same matter. The real crime is charging him using a law that every time before was used on someone CONVICTED of Fraud first.
Running for president, being elected, and then still refusing to make his tax returns public probably contributed to him being singled out for scrutiny and then prosecution.
When you are a criminal it is a good idea to lay low and avoid drawing attention to yourself.
Instead Trump hung a big neon sign around his neck that screamed

"HEY LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME....BUT PAY NO ATTENTION TO THOSE HIDDEN TAX RETURNS BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING THERE TO SEE!"

Not the brightest bulb on the string huh?

Running for president, being elected, and then still refusing to make his tax returns public probably contributed to him being singled out for scrutiny and then prosecution.
When you are a criminal it is a good idea to lay low and avoid drawing attention to yourself.
Instead Trump hung a big neon sign around his neck that screamed

"HEY LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME....BUT PAY NO ATTENTION TO THOSE HIDDEN TAX RETURNS BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING THERE TO SEE!"

Not the brightest bulb on the string huh?

that has nothing to do with the NY AG making this case up, and finding a compliant judge to railroad it.

that has nothing to do with the NY AG making this case up, and finding a compliant judge to railroad it.
I disagree.
The whole reasoning behind every POTUS (except Trump) making their tax returns public is so voters can be assured they aren't voting for a white collar crook mafia boss like Trump.
Why do you suppose Trump refused to release his returns?
Maybe to hide fraudulent shit from the American people like the NY AG has exposed?

Nobody trusts him or believes he actually has access to that kinda money.

Not even the small judgement.

He's finally starting to pay the price for a lifetime of crime.

I disagree.
The whole reasoning behind every POTUS (except Trump) making their tax returns public is so voters can be assured they aren't voting for a white collar crook mafia boss like Trump.
Why do you suppose Trump refused to release his returns?
Maybe to hide fraudulent shit from the American people like the NY AG has exposed?

The case in quesrtion has nothing to do with his taxes or personal income.

If some one shoots at you to kill you and misses...is there a crime? How...there is no victim.
I'm the victim. They attempted murder. Trump didn't attempt to defraud the bank. The bank never claimed he did. Try again.

Now that's FUNNY!
But ok....I'll play.
"Criminal" or not, right or wrong, just or unjust, whether you like it or not, that statute is the law of the land in NY state.
Like ALL laws anywhere, whether you like it or not it must be obeyed....or there will be consequences if you get caught making the choice to ignore it.
Trump made that choice, who knows why?
Maybe he thought the law shouldn't apply to him because he's not just an ordinary person?
Maybe he thought he wouldn't get caught because "everybody else does it?"
Now that would have been kind of stupid because when you run for president you do tend to draw a LOT of attention to yourself. Especially if you refuse to make your tax returns public.

At any rate, if you disagree with or just don't like a law there are legal processes for getting laws changed.
Simply ignoring the laws will usually get you into trouble.
People can also take their money and go elsewhere, which is exactly what they're doing.

Forum List

Back