trump can't get anyone to post his bond

He'll get the money.... The banks doing business in NY are now opened to him to borrow from....the court stayed the restriction of no NY banking for the Trump crime family. Deutsche Bank will likely now loan him the money imo.

You read last night where?.... she can't reach into another state and confiscate property... that's insane...

Courts "reach into other another state" to confiscate property all the time.

And in this case, using MAL as an example, MAL may physically be in FL, however it's owned under one of FPOTUS"#45's Trump Organization shell companies that exists in New York. So the owner is in New York.

The State that issues the judgment and activates the lien, sends the order to the other State Court who then encumbers the property. Typically purely an administrative function.

No, not saying the FL Gov. and State legislature can't step in and change that, but as of right now - it's routine.

WW

You read last night where?.... she can't reach into another state and confiscate property... that's insane...

He/she/it read it in his/her/its imagination.

Leftists never actually research ANYTHING they say. They make it all up and say, "I read this last might" when, in actuality, they are just parroting lies their TV's tell them.

The few of them who can actually read will say they read it in phony leftist lying rags like DailyKooks and RawSewage.

Courts "reach into other another state" to confiscate property all the time.

And in this case, using MAL as an example, MAL may physically be in FL, however it's owned under one of FPOTUS"#45's Trump Organization shell companies that exists in New York. So the owner is in New York.

The State that issues the judgment and activates the lien, sends the order to the other State Court who then encumbers the property. Typically purely an administrative function.

No, not saying the FL Gov. and State legislature can't step in and change that, but as of right now - it's routine.

WW

For those that think enforcement of judgements across state lines is "Fake News".

WW

Those were largely media generated headlines that faded quickly and it’s not the subject at hand
Deflection defeated

After decades of embarrassment, New York finally dumps Trump

New York just told Donald Trump to pay up and get outta town — and while he was at it, to leave his fraudulent businesses behind for the locals to sort out.

After laying on that nearly half-billion-dollar fine (including interest) in the state's civil fraud case and adding a three-year ban on Trump conducting any business in the state, doing any kind of business there, New Yorkers can perhaps find relief from a half-century of embarrassment about “The Donald.”

No, it simply points out that Team Trump never asked for a jury trial as he claimed in the press and therefore there was no request to deny. Whether he would have won the request or not is a different matter.

As an example, if COSTCO had iPads for sale. I can't claim they denied selling me one if I never went to COSTCO and tried to purchase one. Only if I'd gone to COSTCO, asked for one, and they said they didn't have anymore could I claim I was "denied" one.

WW

It's all the same matter. The real crime is charging him using a law that every time before was used on someone CONVICTED of Fraud first.

No, he didn't have a trial, there was a summary judgement.

Yes there was a trial.

Both Team Trump and the State requested summary judgement. (The fact that the judgement didn't go their way doesn't mean they didn't ask.)

There were 7 claims of action and the Judge ruled on 1 of the 7, the other 6 were heard at trial.

WW

Yes there was a trial.

Both Team Trump and the State requested summary judgement. (The fact that the judgement didn't go their way doesn't mean they didn't ask.)

There were 7 claims of action and the Judge ruled on 1 of the 7, the other 6 were heard at trial.

WW

Isn't asking for summary judgement standard procedure before a trial?

And how often are those requested pro forma denied?

99% of the time?

I have not idea, doesn't change the fact that Team Trump asked.

If they wanted all claims to go to trial, they should have filed a motion opposing summary judgement instead of actually - you now - requesting it.

WW

I have not idea, doesn't change the fact that Team Trump asked.

If they wanted all claims to go to trial, they should have filed a motion opposing summary judgement instead of actually - you now - requesting it.

WW

Which would have been denied, because the fix was in all along.

Nobody trusts him or believes he actually has access to that kinda money.

Not even the small judgement.

He's finally starting to pay the price for a lifetime of crime.

Who in their right mind would post a bond for the full amount of the judgement???? You'd be further ahead to set fire to the money than to give it to Trump. At least the fire will keep you warm for a while.

Hi, I'm Donald Trump. I've just been found guilty of fraud and misrepresentation because my lawyers are hacks and I'm a liar. I want you to give me half a billion dollars so I can appeal this verdict.

Imagine being a banker trying to explain to your Board of Directors why you would help this convicted liar and asshole????? You'd be fired the moment word got out.

Which would have been denied, because the fix was in all along.

: SHURG :

No idea if it would or wouldn't. Since they didn't ask we'll never know. I don't know in New York if a Judge can issue a summary judgement when one of the parties requests the issue be heard at trial.

They asked, the Judge agreed to rule after the requests were made by both party but said he could only rule on one 1 of the 7 claims and the other 6 went to trial.

WW

: SHURG :

No idea if it would or wouldn't. Since they didn't ask we'll never know. I don't know in New York if a Judge can issue a summary judgement when one of the parties requests the issue be heard at trial.

They asked, the Judge agreed to rule after the requests were made by both party but said he could only rule on one 1 of the 7 claims and the other 6 went to trial.

WW

What trial? they went right to the penalty phase.

Forum List

Back