🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump contradicts his own tweet, says 401(k)s could now be up for negotiation

/-----/ Because you say so. Are you ready to defend Hillary/Obama/Putin collusion? Well are ya punk?

Why should he have to? Those people are not the president and they're not the topic of discussion right now. Do you have something relevant to say or not? You're doing everything but talking about what's in the article.
/----/ Why should anyone have to defend Trump? He's perfectly capable of defending himself.

/-----/ Because you say so. Are you ready to defend Hillary/Obama/Putin collusion? Well are ya punk?

Why should he have to? Those people are not the president and they're not the topic of discussion right now. Do you have something relevant to say or not? You're doing everything but talking about what's in the article.
/----/ Why should anyone have to defend Trump? He's perfectly capable of defending himself.

Oh, well I guess there's no arguing with that bulletproof logic.

There all doing a great job of keeping things as confusing as possible. why did congress borrow 4.9 trillion dollars from our safety net programs trust funds, Social Security & others.(source Dept of Treasury) What the hell is going on with the EPA, & Dept of Education? lets put some energy on things that effect our life's.

There all doing a great job of keeping things as confusing as possible. why did congress borrow 4.9 trillion dollars from our safety net programs trust funds, Social Security & others.(source Dept of Treasury) What the hell is going on with the EPA, & Dept of Education? lets put some energy on things that effect our life's.

Corruption has infected everything. I wonder if it's even reversible at this point.

The Republicans are also looking at deep cuts to SS and Medicare, and of course Medicaid. Trump will say the Congress did it.

This is the final takeover of the elites, his reign and the Republican congress.

That would be great news, worst programs in the history of mankind.

As for the most absurd stupidity of the day, just read the OP, clearly Trump more or less said they won't be touched. Did anyone tell you, one day he had two scoops of ice cream?

"Negotiate" with 401ks, huh? Interesting...

President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that changes to Americans' retirement-savings accounts could still be included in the forthcoming Republican tax-reform plan.

Trump was asked about comments from Rep. Kevin Brady, chair of the House Ways and Means Committee and an author of the forthcoming GOP tax bill, that there could be changes to retirement accounts like 401(k)s in the plan.

Trump said 401(k)s are "very important" to him because they benefit the middle class but suggested tweaks could be included.

"Well maybe it is, maybe we'll use it as negotiating, but trust me, that's one of the great things," Trump said. "There are certain elements of deals that you don't want to negotiate with — and Kevin knows this, and I think Kevin Brady is fantastic — but he knows how important 401(k)s are."

No, Mr. President, I won't trust you.
/----/ The president, no matter who he is, can't tell Congress what to do. Ever hear of the separation of powers?
Lol. Good one. Like El Dumbo hasn’t shown he has strong dictator tendencies.

The Republicans are also looking at deep cuts to SS and Medicare, and of course Medicaid. Trump will say the Congress did it.

This is the final takeover of the elites, his reign and the Republican congress.

That would be great news, worst programs in the history of mankind.

As for the most absurd stupidity of the day, just read the OP, clearly Trump more or less said they won't be touched. Did anyone tell you, one day he had two scoops of ice cream?
Oh so you want to pay more taxes on your 401K’s?
Way to cut your nose off to spite your face for this orange lying idiot.

As always, the Media (and foolish Leftists) always take Trump literally, but never seriously.

His initial tweet was intended to say to his primary constituency (working-class people), "don't worry about the 401k changes; they won't hurt you." And we understood it that way. And that remains the "promise," which will not be broken.

Later, his minions pointed out to him that at some level, the 401k exclusion takes care of highly-paid people disproportionately, and at the top levels, some adjustments may be necessary to compensate for income tax shortfalls elsewhere. But this wouldn't affect anyone with a household income below, say, $100k.

The "bottom line" is that for working class people, the tax code and the tax payment/preparation process will be greatly simplified, and net tax payments will come down a bit.

Basically everything you read in the MSM ("TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH!!!!!") will be bullshit. The "Rich" will be paying more in federal income taxes, even at the lower rates. But you will not see that written in the New York Times or the Washington Post.
Silly us we taking him at his word.

President Twitter changes his tune more often than an orchestra on LSD, by next week he'll be claiming that screwing over 401K and IRA participants was his idea all along.

Lowering the tax deferred threshold for 401K and IRA is about the stupidest idea in the history of stupid ideas, Americans already have a pathetic retirement savings rate and these idiots are talking seriously about lowering the incentives? Whats next? directly raiding citizens savings accounts?

If they need to offset tax cuts there's only one credible way to do it; fix the OUT OF CONTROL SPENDING STUPID.
/----/ I like how Trump keeps you Libtards on full tilt.

I like it when Trumptards run out of even remotely substantive arguments to defend Trump.
/----/ Trump doesn't need anyone to defend him. It's you Libtards constantly defending Hildabeast and Obozo that is the issue.
^^ doesn’t have the balls to call out T on his most recent lie.

"Negotiate" with 401ks, huh? Interesting...

President Donald Trump said on Wednesday that changes to Americans' retirement-savings accounts could still be included in the forthcoming Republican tax-reform plan.

Trump was asked about comments from Rep. Kevin Brady, chair of the House Ways and Means Committee and an author of the forthcoming GOP tax bill, that there could be changes to retirement accounts like 401(k)s in the plan.

Trump said 401(k)s are "very important" to him because they benefit the middle class but suggested tweaks could be included.

"Well maybe it is, maybe we'll use it as negotiating, but trust me, that's one of the great things," Trump said. "There are certain elements of deals that you don't want to negotiate with — and Kevin knows this, and I think Kevin Brady is fantastic — but he knows how important 401(k)s are."

No, Mr. President, I won't trust you.
Nobody cares.

If the GOP dares touch the 401k's you can put a fork in them they will be obliterated in the next election.

The tax bill process is shaping up just as I predicted.

The cuts part is easy, budget busting notwithstanding.

The loophole closing, IOW eliminating deductions, exemptions, credits, etc., is the hard part.

What I'm guessing is they end up with a bill big on the former, small on the latter, and off we go on another deficit spree.

No don't cut the bloated federal spending or government waste, no instead screw over the people by taking away the 401k tax deduction? That's probably the most retarded idea I have heard in 20 years. God these people in DC are morons.

President Twitter changes his tune more often than an orchestra on LSD, by next week he'll be claiming that screwing over 401K and IRA participants was his idea all along.

Lowering the tax deferred threshold for 401K and IRA is about the stupidest idea in the history of stupid ideas, Americans already have a pathetic retirement savings rate and these idiots are talking seriously about lowering the incentives? Whats next? directly raiding citizens savings accounts?

If they need to offset tax cuts there's only one credible way to do it; fix the OUT OF CONTROL SPENDING STUPID.
/----/ I like how Trump keeps you Libtards on full tilt.

I like it when Trumptards run out of even remotely substantive arguments to defend Trump.
/----/ Trump doesn't need anyone to defend him. It's you Libtards constantly defending Hildabeast and Obozo that is the issue.
^^ doesn’t have the balls to call out T on his most recent lie.
/—-/ You can talk about the Hillary/ Russia collusion now. You have permission. SANCTIMONIOUS LYING CLINTON: Now Claims She Had No Idea Lawyer Firm Funded Oppo Research Against Trump!

Forum List

Back