Trump Cuts Disability & Social Security Benefits

Twenty year old heroin addicts that never worked a day in their life, shouldn’t get SSD for fake PTSD and bipolar BS. They also shouldn’t get retroactive checks for 17k. People with legit medical afflictions and veterans should be cared for like royalty, IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump Outlines a Significant Social Security Cut in His 2020 Budget | The Motley Fool
"Trump's budget proposal for fiscal 2020 aims to halve the amount of retroactive pay disabled persons can recover to six months from 12 months. Doing so would reduce program outlays by $3.61 billion between 2020 and 2024, and almost $10 billion on the dot, in aggregate, over the next decade."

These people are already eligible for up to 12 months of workers compensation and/or STATE disability payments.

A lot of people with disabilities are already barely getting by.

I'm certainly not supporting Trump in 2020, with this news.
Were you before this OLD news

I wasn't planning to vote, in fact I still probably won't.

My vote in the Presidential election doesn't' really matter.
So then this doesn't change a thing. Got it.

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled..........

Cutting waste and fraud is not the same as cutting benefits you stupid sack of shit.

Also, cutting the rate of growth is not actually cutting, you imbecile.

You are the perfect, ignorant DUPE who propagandists count on.

Fucking moron

Hmm, how come this says different?

Trump administration proposes Social Security rule changes that could cut off thousands of disabled recipients
Each case is different, I realize, but when I worked at the prison, I had three inmates on my caseload who collected Social Security disability on the outside and were front and center to go to work every morning in the work release program.
Amazing recovery, hey?
One of them spoke about it, saying it was good to have, backup money, the prudent thing to do. I think if they were well enough to spend seven or eight months working in regular jobs while in prison, they sure as hell don't need to be collecting disability insurance when they get out.
But then I also know of people on SS Disability who couldn't survive without it because they truly can't hold a job.
Scorpio Rising isn't wrong about all the humiliating hoops and stressful procedures they must go through, but it is because of welchers like the guys above that ruin it for the honest among us. It's too bad they couldn't streamline the process, but that's how bureaucracies run--the more paperwork and rules, the better!

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled. He continues to propose more spending cuts on these programs. The republicans really know how to save money, screw the people in this country who need those benefits the most the Elderly and Disabled. And I have to pat them on the back for making more disabled people have to go through more hoops just to get their benefits; review boards every few years to prove they really have a disability and aren't faking it or no longer need the money. We all know too many people in wheelchairs, on crutches, the blind, the deaf, the mentally retarded, and mentally ill are freeloaders and don't really need that money the government gives them. So many are just faking it after all. We also know way too many seniors are living high hog on those outrageously high social security checks they get, we need to slash those too.

I remember a woman I met who was disabled in wheelchair for severe back problems and deaf getting repeatedly denied disability benefits in her "Republican" state she lived in. She had to talk to the people denying her benefits through an interpreter who used sign language. It took 3 times going in person to try to get her benefits, writing letters to congressman, having doctors call in person stating why she needs these benefits, submitting medical records, and many months of stress. I specially remember a lady telling her over the phone "well I am disabled and I don't need benefits, I can work. Just because your disabled mam doesn't mean your entitled to benefits."

I remember all the loopholes and stress that poor woman had to go through just to get her benefits. Now the Republicans want these disabled American's to go through even more loopholes and stress just to get the benefits they need because too many Americans are faking a disability. So just to save some money we have to subject those disabled Americans who truly need those benefits too all this stress and hardship just to receive their benefits. Brilliant plan Republicans! Just Brilliant!

You got a link about that story? I'm 100% disabled and on Social Security and I just got a COLA for 2020. You must be reading the Huffington Post or messages on the subway toilet wall.

It seems with 40,000 messages maybe Amazon could use another customer service agent(name tag and all !)

Cold-calling.jpg

I can understand cutting some disability benefits. Those would be children with IEP's meaning they are in special classes at school. These children are learning disabled so they are getting the special teacher they need with an educational program made just for that child.

I disagree with you there. I was a special needs kid growing up with an IEP. I was diagnosed with Dyslexia and ADHD as a kid and was put in Special Needs classes. Special Education teachers and Special Education programs are often very underfunded with teachers having to put their own money in just for supplies.
I was ADHD, but I got over it, started drinking coffee, that took care of the problem and was able to focus, so much my bosses said I was meticulous. Public Education(Indoctrination) is all about drugging our kids into zombies, thus enabling them to be more controlled later on in life as we see with the Democrap Party.

Public schools do not and cannot drug our kids into zombies. You are full of shit!
Really? When a teacher decides that a hyperactive kid, needs to see a doctor, this is usually what is prescribed.
Children on Ritalin: Long Term Effects – Citizens Commission on Human Rights, CCHR

Trump Outlines a Significant Social Security Cut in His 2020 Budget | The Motley Fool
"Trump's budget proposal for fiscal 2020 aims to halve the amount of retroactive pay disabled persons can recover to six months from 12 months. Doing so would reduce program outlays by $3.61 billion between 2020 and 2024, and almost $10 billion on the dot, in aggregate, over the next decade."

These people are already eligible for up to 12 months of workers compensation and/or STATE disability payments.

A lot of people with disabilities are already barely getting by.

I'm certainly not supporting Trump in 2020, with this news.
Were you before this OLD news

I wasn't planning to vote, in fact I still probably won't.

My vote in the Presidential election doesn't' really matter.
So then this doesn't change a thing. Got it.

A vote in a swing state would be worth 2 million dollars, and a vote in as non swing state about 2 cents.

What great Democratic voting rights we have.

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled..........

Cutting waste and fraud is not the same as cutting benefits you stupid sack of shit.

Fucking moron

Trump administration proposes Social Security rule changes that could cut off thousands of disabled recipients
Each case is different, I realize, but when I worked at the prison, I had three inmates on my caseload who collected Social Security disability on the outside and were front and center to go to work every morning in the work release program.
Amazing recovery, hey?
One of them spoke about it, saying it was good to have, backup money, the prudent thing to do. I think if they were well enough to spend seven or eight months working in regular jobs while in prison, they sure as hell don't need to be collecting disability insurance when they get out.
But then I also know of people on SS Disability who couldn't survive without it because they truly can't hold a job.
Scorpio Rising isn't wrong about all the humiliating hoops and stressful procedures they must go through, but it is because of welchers like the guys above that ruin it for the honest among us. It's too bad they couldn't streamline the process, but that's how bureaucracies run--the more paperwork and rules, the better!

I know people living on the streets, and in homeless shelters, who can't work because of physical, or mental disabilities, and this is because they are awaiting Social Security Disability.

I also know people in homeless shelters who do work, and can't afford rent.

I also know people on unemployment benefits who ended up homeless, because they couldn't afford their apartment, anymore.

It seems like a lot of grueling poverty & misery caused by the system.

I can understand cutting some disability benefits. Those would be children with IEP's meaning they are in special classes at school. These children are learning disabled so they are getting the special teacher they need with an educational program made just for that child.

I disagree with you there. I was a special needs kid growing up with an IEP. I was diagnosed with Dyslexia and ADHD as a kid and was put in Special Needs classes. Special Education teachers and Special Education programs are often very underfunded with teachers having to put their own money in just for supplies.
I was ADHD, but I got over it, started drinking coffee, that took care of the problem and was able to focus, so much my bosses said I was meticulous. Public Education(Indoctrination) is all about drugging our kids into zombies, thus enabling them to be more controlled later on in life as we see with the Democrap Party.

Public schools do not and cannot drug our kids into zombies. You are full of shit!
Really? When a teacher decides that a hyperactive kid, needs to see a doctor, this is usually what is prescribed.
Children on Ritalin: Long Term Effects – Citizens Commission on Human Rights, CCHR

Teachers cannot even recommend this! You are a lying sack of shit! I was a school administrator for two years also. You don't know how many times I had to attend meetings when doctors recommended medication to parents. I have two grandsons who took ADHD medications because they were out of control. With medication they were A-B students. Without it, they failed miserably, even in subjects they loved.

Teachers simply do not and cannot do what you claim.

BTW, Ritalin is no longer anywhere near the medication of choice. My grandson was on one that caused seizures. As soon as he stopped taking that drug, no more seizures.

Fucking moron

Amazing recovery, hey?

I know people living on the streets, and in homeless shelters, who can't work because of physical, or mental disabilities, and this is because they are awaiting Social Security Disability.

I also know people in homeless shelters who do work, and can't afford rent.

I also know people on unemployment benefits who ended up homeless, because they couldn't afford their apartment, anymore.

It seems like a lot of grueling poverty & misery caused by the system.
Well, that's kind of a different gripe, Sobie.

Fucking moron
Good ole triggered for trump running her mouth and slinging cus words again. It's all ya got. Go back to third grade if ya wanna impress some one or to the bar where your drunk filthy mouth might be appreiciated around some nazis shlong.

Teachers cannot even recommend this! You are a lying sack of shit! I was a school administrator for two years also. You don't know how many times I had to attend meetings when doctors recommended medication to parents. I have two grandsons who took ADHD medications because they were out of control. With medication they were A-B students. Without it, they failed miserably, even in subjects they loved.

BTW, Ritalin is no longer anywhere near the medication of choice. My grandson was on one that caused seizures. As soon as he stopped taking that drug, no more seizures.
So you do agree that you need to drug some children....thanks for the confirmation..

So you do agree that you need to drug some children....thanks for the confirmation..

Yes, some children need medication. My grandson's father was incorrigible and barely graduated from an alternative high school. It is genetic!

I had students that were failing miserably until their PARENTS took them to a DOCTOR who pet them on meds. Overnight, I had a straight A student who stayed on the honor roll the rest of his high school time. I saw very few times where the meds failed. I could tell when a kid forgot to take their meds before coming to school almost every time.

I can understand cutting some disability benefits. Those would be children with IEP's meaning they are in special classes at school. These children are learning disabled so they are getting the special teacher they need with an educational program made just for that child. There aren't any needs that are not being met. They get free glasses if they need them, free breakfast, lunches and nurses on call for them. But, each mother receives hundreds of dollars each month from SSDI...for each child they have enrolled in the smaller classes. That amounts to close to a thousand a month for big families. They have no need for this money, all are getting food stamps. Section 8 housing, Medicaid, free clothing often..

Think of how many students are in these classes throughout the nation. The real extra cost for these children are the smaller classes that meet their needs. And that is covered by IDEA and Title I.

When children need special equipment, they get it from different funds.

Having an IEP does not mean the child is disabled, nor does it depend on income.... only that they need an Individual Education Plan (IEP) Not all kids with IEP's are disabled or qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Any income, such as SSI, is deducted from food stamp allotments for that household. Unearned income (SSI & certain others) only a percentage is deducted. AND kids receiving SSI receive a smaller amount than an adult. To qualify for SSI, the child must be under 18 and blind &/or disabled according to Social Security Administration (SSA) rules.

What I find is hilarious is that not one person I have read on this thread realizes that SSDI and Social Security that you contribute out of your paycheck have not a damn thing to do with one another. They come from two different funding sources.

SSDI=Social Security Disability Income-Must have worked and paid into the fund and to qualify for disability payments, must have earned a certain number of credits that equals about 10 years employment.

SSI-Supplemental Security Income-for low income and/or those who have not worked required number of years/credits, yet are determined disabled according to SSA rules. States have a lot more say in SSI cases.
What you say is true. For those who do get SSI, they have to be in the poverty level and do need an IEP.

But income or poverty level does not determine the need of an IEP. Even 'rich' kids may need an IEP.....though it may be a higher number of IEP's are in poverty. But also, states have a lot of say when it comes to SSI funds, even though it's still a federal program, so your state may include different rules than my state would......there is also what's called a 504 plan that is also used for learning challenges.
I didn't mean to infer that only poverty levels families get IEP's. Only poverty level families get SSI funds each month as I understand it.

The greatest president of all time proves he is the man for the job by continuing to take benefits from those who need it the most the Elderly and Disabled. He continues to propose more spending cuts on these programs. The republicans really know how to save money, screw the people in this country who need those benefits the most the Elderly and Disabled. And I have to pat them on the back for making more disabled people have to go through more hoops just to get their benefits; review boards every few years to prove they really have a disability and aren't faking it or no longer need the money. We all know too many people in wheelchairs, on crutches, the blind, the deaf, the mentally retarded, and mentally ill are freeloaders and don't really need that money the government gives them. So many are just faking it after all. We also know way too many seniors are living high hog on those outrageously high social security checks they get, we need to slash those too.

I remember a woman I met who was disabled in wheelchair for severe back problems and deaf getting repeatedly denied disability benefits in her "Republican" state she lived in. She had to talk to the people denying her benefits through an interpreter who used sign language. It took 3 times going in person to try to get her benefits, writing letters to congressman, having doctors call in person stating why she needs these benefits, submitting medical records, and many months of stress. I specially remember a lady telling her over the phone "well I am disabled and I don't need benefits, I can work. Just because your disabled mam doesn't mean your entitled to benefits."

I remember all the loopholes and stress that poor woman had to go through just to get her benefits. Now the Republicans want these disabled American's to go through even more loopholes and stress just to get the benefits they need because too many Americans are faking a disability. So just to save some money we have to subject those disabled Americans who truly need those benefits too all this stress and hardship just to receive their benefits. Brilliant plan Republicans! Just Brilliant!
Good...fkn beggars.
When there is a true need, we should be there for them. It's just a shame that the system is used by people posing as disabled when they obviously are not.

Yes, some children need medication. My grandson's father was incorrigible and barely graduated from an alternative high school. It is genetic!

I had students that were failing miserably until their PARENTS took them to a DOCTOR who pet them on meds. Overnight, I had a straight A student who stayed on the honor roll the rest of his high school time. I saw very few times where the meds failed. I could tell when a kid forgot to take their meds before coming to school almost every time.
I Learned that these kids weren't in need of medicine, they just needed to focus on what they did best. Since I was ADHD, I got straight A's in Math and Science, but didnt like English, so needed extra help there. It was found that a cup of Coffee helped out a lot also. Maybe instead of junking up the kids, find the natural way to make them succeed, but then kids like that wont ever vote Demonrat.

I once had a student that was known to go "off" in other classrooms, but I was able to hold him a bay in my room. But one day, I didn't catch the sif=gn fast enough and off he went, running around the room, tipping over chairs and making bird like calls. It upset me so much, I went to see his doctor after school. I knew he refused to give the student Ritalin and I wanted to know why. The doctor took me in right away and asked what I knew of the mother. She had a history of abusing Christopher and he was afraid she would over dose him. I knew what I came for and appreciated him taking the time to see me. A couple of weeks later, the principals told me that Christopher was going to get his meds, but the school would hand them out to him.
He was a good boy and a fine reader at the end of the year. But the following year, an ambulance came to school for Christopher. The mother got the meds and over dosed him. I never saw him again.

I Learned that these kids weren't in need of medicine, they just needed to focus on what they did best. Since I was ADHD, I got straight A's in Math and Science, but didnt like English, so needed extra help there. It was found that a cup of Coffee helped out a lot also. Maybe instead of junking up the kids, find the natural way to make them succeed, but then kids like that wont ever vote Demonrat.

Like any issue, ADHD has different levels of severity. I have it, but back in the 60's and 70's, it was just called not paying attention.

It still haunted me as an adult. One time I went to a concert with some friends. On the way home, we discussed the concert. I told them I was disappointed they didn't play X song. They all laughed at me and asked how I missed it? They did play the song apparently.

I never went for any treatment. Hell, I take enough meds as it is with my other physical conditions. But even though I DVR everything I watch, at times I have to go back and play a segment all over again because I drifted off on something somebody said.

Like any issue, ADHD has different levels of severity. I have it, but back in the 60's and 70's, it was just called not paying attention.

It still haunted me as an adult. One time I went to a concert with some friends. On the way home, we discussed the concert. I told them I was disappointed they didn't play X song. They all laughed at me and asked how I missed it? They did play the song apparently.

I never went for any treatment. Hell, I take enough meds as it is with my other physical conditions. But even though I DVR everything I watch, at times I have to go back and play a segment all over again because I drifted off on something somebody said.
That sound more like ADD..same thing but without the hyperactivity.

Forum List

Back