Trump did not oppose the Iraq war from the beginning...

omg.. More smackdown from the proper intent:

The presence of either word doesn't indicate a level of certainty (this is given by context, including the tone in which it is spoken.)

Example:

A: I need to go home soon. It's 11 PM now, when does the last train leave? B: I think it's at 10 PM. Let me check. Yeah, 10 PM. I guess you have to call a cab.

B uses "I think" because he's recalling information he had before, and uses "I guess" when he's doing an on-the-spot appraisal of the current situation.
Which is more affirmative: "I think" or "I guess"?

Let's hear it for the two fruitbats in this thread.. LOL

His sentence included four words. You want to pretend one of them didn't exist. :lol:

I linked the intent standard taught in all English classes... you on the other hand are a sloppy drunk with no life who is just spewing your normal horse laden shit. LOL

have fun with the loons

--LOL

Notice how many Trump supporters are on this board, and only two are in this thread debating the definition of "Yeah"? It's embarrassing.

Notice how many Trump supporters are on this board, and only two are in this thread debating the definition of "Yeah"? It's embarrassing.

You just keep digging deeper.. We didn't determine the intent.. you stepped in to a quagmire of your own making trying to create something out of nothing due to your immense hatred for Donald Trump and the marching orders of the Leftist Media.. The only one who has been embarrassed here is your drunk azz.. seriously, lay off the sauce dummy.. there's more to life than the bottom of a bottle.

English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts.
Which is more affirmative: “I think” or “I guess”?
favorite
In South Asia, we tend to use "I think" when we are almost sure about something; or sometimes use it ironically like in example "I think you should have done this yesterday". "I guess", on the other hand, is used when the person is not sure himself like in "I guess you come here often".

Now as I talked to some North American people, I noticed that they use the two terms oppositely. That is, "I guess" when they are almost sure and "I think" when not. So I want to know which is the correct way to use these terms? Or are they just equivalent?

meaning-in-context word-usage

You just keep digging deeper.. We didn't determine the intent.. you stepped in to a quagmire of your own making trying to create something out of nothing due to your immense hatred for Donald Trump and the marching orders of the Leftist Media.. The only one who has been embarrassed here is your drunk azz.. seriously, lay off the sauce dummy.. there's more to life than the bottom of a bottle.

English Language & Usage Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for linguists, etymologists, and serious English language enthusiasts.
Which is more affirmative: “I think” or “I guess”?
favorite
In South Asia, we tend to use "I think" when we are almost sure about something; or sometimes use it ironically like in example "I think you should have done this yesterday". "I guess", on the other hand, is used when the person is not sure himself like in "I guess you come here often".

Now as I talked to some North American people, I noticed that they use the two terms oppositely. That is, "I guess" when they are almost sure and "I think" when not. So I want to know which is the correct way to use these terms? Or are they just equivalent?

meaning-in-context word-usage

You stupid bitch. He said "yeah". What does "yeah" mean? Yeah. Not no. Not maybe. Yeah.

I guess so
I guess so
I guess so
(spoken)
probably or possibly “Are you ready to leave?” “Yeah, I guess so.”
Usage notes: said instead of saying yes to suggest you are not completely sure

Don't thank me Bozo lol

I guess so
I guess so
I guess so
(spoken)
probably or possibly “Are you ready to leave?” “Yeah, I guess so.”
Usage notes: said instead of saying yes to suggest you are not completely sure

Don't thank me Bozo lol

Tell me. What word did he use right before "I guess so"?

Again, in my first example, it is UNDERLINED , BOLDFACED beginning with the word, "Yeah I guess"

For the drunk moron.. let's do it one more time

Example:

A: I need to go home soon. It's 11 PM now, when does the last train leave? B: I think it's at 10 PM. Let me check. Yeah, 10 PM. I guess you have to call a cab.

B uses "I think" because he's recalling information he had before, and uses "I guess" when he's doing an on-the-spot appraisal of the current situation.
Which is more affirmative: "I think" or "I guess"?\\. The presence of either word doesn't indicate a level of certainty (this is given by context, including the tone in which it is spoken.)

:alcoholic::alcoholic:

For the drunk moron.. let's do it one more time

Example:

Which is more affirmative: "I think" or "I guess"?\\. The presence of either word doesn't indicate a level of certainty (this is given by context, including the tone in which it is spoken.)

:alcoholic::alcoholic:

Appraisal is now a negative? :lol:

THREAD DEAD**** With links from dictionaries, English journals, linguists and etymologists proper definition of intent. :)

Yeah, I wish I woudn't have gone.- DEAD THREAD*********

You need an education, seriously. Never come to a fight against an enemy fully armed with just a pea shooter.

Trump was not in politics then. He had no access to information other than what the government publicized.
Oh Christ shut the fuck up.

It really doesn't matter what Trump says. His sheep will defend him no matter what. It's actually just scary.

Forum List

Back