Trump Donated His 2018 Third-Quarter Salary to an Organization That Funds Alcoholism Research

Big deal. We pay his golf resorts more than that every time he plays golf. He could keep his pay and not play golf as much and we would be lots better off.
I bet the Trumps don´t steal the White House silverware when they leave the White House.

Trump donates his income to charity and the left wing fascists cry about money being spent on a 4th of July speech.

Trump donates his income to charity and the left wing fascists cry about money being spent on a 4th of July speech.

for fucks sake,,,
he isnt giving it to charity,,hes giving it to progressive government agencies,,,
It´s comments like that, that make intelligent people laugh at the left.
well I'm not a lefty and what I said was true,,except for this latest donation he has given his paycheck to government agencies not charity,,,

only the left thinks government is a charity,,,

He said he was NOT GOING TO TAKE a salary for being President...

NOW, that lie translates to taking the US tax payer's money for a salary, and him donating it elsewhere? Really?

hey dumdass,,, he is rejecting his paycheck,,,

and its against the law to not pay him,,,thats called slavery,,,

A lot more than his paycheck goes into his own pocket each time he plays golf. The bastard charges us for him to use his own golf course.
so you would rather he be back in his office fucking things up???

you sound like hes doing a good job,,,

He doesn't have to be in his office to fuck things up.

It would take 13.5 years of Trump's 400k salary to equal the 5.4 million his self praising speech cost.

Trump praised himself? ?

Surely someone did a count of how many times Trump said I, me, my or mine. How many times did Trump praise himself???

It would take 13.5 years of Trump's 400k salary to equal the 5.4 million his self praising speech cost.
How much does it cost per year to deal with the foreign invaders on our southern boarder?

I thought Mexico was supposed to pay for that.
What made you think that?

How much does it cost per year to deal with the foreign invaders on our southern boarder?

I thought Mexico was supposed to pay for that.
What made you think that?

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are.

NOW, that lie translates to taking the US tax payer's money for a salary, and him donating it elsewhere? Really?

he said in his interview with Diane Sawyer that he has to legally take $1.

$1

but even if he had to take his full salary and then donate it, why not donate it to the Secret Service, which is costing us an arm and a leg for them to stay at Mara Lago or one of his other vacation golf resorts damn near every weekend, if it is possible?

yes, it's petty... and normally I would not complain over this.... but the way he presented it to all of us, when he was a candidate, was that he was so rich, he did not need us tax payer's money in a salary... unlike other candidates he was going to take the job without us having to pay him out of our pockets.... yadadadada....

turns out it was just his typical bloviating self aggrandizement.... again.

nothing new, I suppose....

in the end, giving it for research on alcoholism is a good thing.... at least he is not donating it to himself or the Trump foundation :rolleyes:

Last edited:

$1

but even if he had to take his full salary and then donate it, why not donate it to the Secret Service, which is costing us an arm and a leg for them to stay at Mara Lago or one of his other vacation golf resorts damn near every weekend, if it is possible?

yes, it's petty... and normally I would not complain over this.... but the way he presented it to all of us, when he was a candidate, was that he was so rich, he did not need us tax payer's money in a salary... unlike other candidates he was going to take the job without us having to pay him out of our pockets.... yadadadada....

nothing new, I suppose.... :rolleyes:

It's Trump. What did you expect?

Trump Donated His 2018 Third-Quarter Salary to an Organization That Funds Alcoholism Research

President Donald Trump has donated $100,000—his salary from the third-quarter of 2018—to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

Trump pledged to refuse the $400,000 salary that comes with being the U.S. president shortly after winning the election. Since then he’s held to his promise, with each quarterly pay going to a different organization.

In 2017, his paychecks went to the National Park Service, the Education Department, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Transportation. The first two checks from 2018 went to the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Small Business Administration, according to The Associated Press.

Now, Trump has donated his third-quarter check from 2018 to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

The president himself never drinks alcohol, but his older brother, Fred Jr., died in 1981 after struggling with alcoholism. Trump said his brother always told him, “don’t drink,” and despite their sometimes rocky relationship, he heeded those words.

“I can honestly say I’ve never had a beer in my life,” Trump once told reporters. “Can you imagine, if I had, what a mess I’d be? I’d be the world’s worst.”

The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism claims to be the largest funder of alcohol research in the world. The organization both supports and conducts research on the impact of alcohol on human health and well-being.

Bet this will be front page material for CNN and MSNBC!
Why would they? This report is 6 months old.

President Donald Trump has donated $100,000—his salary from the third-quarter of 2018—to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

Trump pledged to refuse the $400,000 salary that comes with being the U.S. president shortly after winning the election. Since then he’s held to his promise, with each quarterly pay going to a different organization.

In 2017, his paychecks went to the National Park Service, the Education Department, the Department of Health and Human Services, and the Department of Transportation. The first two checks from 2018 went to the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Small Business Administration, according to The Associated Press.

Now, Trump has donated his third-quarter check from 2018 to the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.

The president himself never drinks alcohol, but his older brother, Fred Jr., died in 1981 after struggling with alcoholism. Trump said his brother always told him, “don’t drink,” and despite their sometimes rocky relationship, he heeded those words.

“I can honestly say I’ve never had a beer in my life,” Trump once told reporters. “Can you imagine, if I had, what a mess I’d be? I’d be the world’s worst.”

The National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism claims to be the largest funder of alcohol research in the world. The organization both supports and conducts research on the impact of alcohol on human health and well-being.
That's probably the same money he stole out of his charity for children's cancer research.

$1

nothing new, I suppose....

in the end, giving it for research on alcoholism is a good thing.... at least he is not donating it to himself or the Trump foundation :rolleyes:

so you believe trump when he said that???

I thought he lied all the time???

only if he donated it to the general fund would it have real teeth,,but at least for you leftist he did give it to the big progressive agencies,,,so I dont understand the outrage,,,

Forum List

Back