Trump faces more 2020 danger if Democrat scores upset in N. Carolina special election

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Trump won this district by 12 points, so if the Democrats manage to capture this seat next week, it's going to be an ominous foreshadowing of the 2020 election for team Trump. Special elections are generally pretty accurate in predicting how the upcoming midterm or presidential elections will pan out. Leading up to the 2006 midterms Republicans began losing seats in Republican districts before they lost the House. Same thing in 2008. Leading up to the 2010 midterms Democrats began losing seats in special elections before they got obliterated on Election Day. If the Dems take this seat the Republicans will have their work cut out for them over the next year to hold the White House and Senate and not bleed more seats in the House and other down ballot offices.

Trump faces more 2020 danger if Democrat scores upset in N. Carolina special election

Trump won this district by 12 points, so if the Democrats manage to capture this seat next week, it's going to be an ominous foreshadowing of the 2020 election for team Trump. Special elections are generally pretty accurate in predicting how the upcoming midterm or presidential elections will pan out. Leading up to the 2006 midterms Republicans began losing seats in Republican districts before they lost the House. Same thing in 2008. Leading up to the 2010 midterms Democrats began losing seats in special elections before they got obliterated on Election Day. If the Dems take this seat the Republicans will have their work cut out for them over the next year to hold the White House and Senate and not bleed more seats in the House and other down ballot offices.

All I care about is does MY candidate have a chance? How is Ming the Merciless doing in the polls?

All I care about is does MY candidate have a chance? How is Ming the Merciless doing in the polls?

If you could get Ming on all 50 states and the Possessions I would vote for him. He can't be nearly as bad as the Republicans and Democrat offerings. Okay, we may have to overlook the occasional shooting of a banker or two in front of 5th avenue but that's a small price to pay.

If you could get Ming on all 50 states and the Possessions I would vote for him. He can't be nearly as bad as the Republicans and Democrat offerings. Okay, we may have to overlook the occasional shooting of a banker or two in front of 5th avenue but that's a small price to pay.
His election platform is; "Real transparency in government." :eusa_whistle:

FlashGordon_onesheet_USA_RichardAmsel-4.jpg

LMAO riiiiiight a local election says anything about Trump's chances in 2020 :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I don't care what you believe. It won't change the result. You clowns yucked it up at all the signs showing what a disaster the midterms would be for you too and we saw it turned out exactly as expected.

LMAO riiiiiight a local election says anything about Trump's chances in 2020 :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I don't care what you believe. It won't change the result. You clowns yucked it up at all the signs showing what a disaster the midterms would be for you too and we saw it turned out exactly as expected.

You mean Dem's who lied, ran as Republicans and promised to support Trump's policies to get elected those Dems? The midterms said nothing about Trump, as evidenced by the senate races.

OMG, media hype.
A local elections in a red district is a lock, same for blue districts, like AOC's or Nancy's where a "glass of water" could win.

Forum List

Back