Trump gives Massive Corporate Tax cut, Spent Primarily on Stock Buybacks, Now Companies need ANOTHER

The Banker

Diamond Member
Oct 24, 2017
Boston
The Big Trump Tax Cut was Spent Primarily on Stock Buy backs as reported here:
Why The Tax Cuts And Jobs Act (TCJA) Led To Buybacks Rather Than Investment
US companies' tax windfall fuels record share buybacks

Now the stock market is in free-fall, erasing any gains caused by the stock buybacks...

Now some companies need another welfare check...

Corporate welfare for poorly managed companies. Trump has bankrupt America, now we know why he had to declare bankruptcy so many times...

Fuck it let's run the annual deficit to $3 Trillion a year, anything to save Trump.

THE GREATEST ECONOMY EVER!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

February 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. … Stock Market starting to look very good to me!

nonsequitur.jpg

Trump is an idiot. He needlessly used that bullet when the economy was doing great. Now we don’t have it for tough times.

As a conservative, I agree. The tax break to large companies was a bad idea. Also, I don’t think there should be any bailout money giving to any corporation which has used cash or debt to buyback shares in the last 5 years. You can’t reward bad behavior

As a conservative, I agree. The tax break to large companies was a bad idea. Also, I don’t think there should be any bailout money giving to any corporation which has used cash or debt to buyback shares in the last 5 years. You can’t reward bad behavior
What makes stock buybacks "bad behavior"?...What makes it anyone's business what they do with money that they rightfully earned?

Yea, it's just a bad situation, check this out:
U.S. Airlines Spent 96% of Free Cash Flow on Buybacks

These airlines pumped all their money into buybacks, now they need more $. The problem here is a culture of fiscal irresponsibility from the government, to corporations, and even lots of US citizens.

What makes stock buybacks "bad behavior"?...What makes it anyone's business what they do with money that they rightfully earned?
A bail out is not rightfully earned lol

NO BAILOUTS

Hmmm, I don't think you know what a non sequitur is.
Yes I do.

Tax cuts have nothing to do with debt and deficits...Those are run up by excessive spending.

One has nothing to do with the other, unless you presume that ALL money earned in the nation belongs to The State first.
Just as I thought, no clue.
It's you who has no clue...And you demonstrate that economic illiteracy every time you post.

Yes I do.

Tax cuts have nothing to do with debt and deficits...Those are run up by excessive spending.

One has nothing to do with the other, unless you presume that ALL money earned in the nation belongs to The State first.
It's you who has no clue...And you demonstrate that economic illiteracy every time you post.
AHAHAHA!!!

Great comeback....
I know you are but what am I, what are you 5 years old?!?!?!

You need to do your homework son...

A bail out is not rightfully earned lol

NO BAILOUTS
Yea it's an all around bad situation. And don't forget, the CEOs of these companies get massive bonuses for higher stock prices...

Another example of liberals' ignorance about business. FYI, it is a very, very good thing when a company can buy back its own stock, because it reduces or eliminates the influence of shareholders and leaves more profit for the company to invest in new operations/offices/R&D and/or to distribute internally.

Liberals are always complaining about the cut-throat influence of shareholders, a complaint that many conservatives likewise voice. Well, the only way for a company to reduce or end shareholder influence is to buy back their stock. Shareholders often are the ones who pressure companies to cut benefits and to downsize even when it's not really necessary or even unwise. So you should be very glad that the Trump tax cuts have enabled so many companies to reduce or eliminate shareholder influence.

Yes I do.

AHAHAHA!!!

Great comeback....
I know you are but what am I, what are you 5 years old?!?!?!

You need to do your homework son...
Just because businesses did things with their own money that you don't approve of has no bearing on anything....It's not your money.

HELLO!!!!
You can't spend all your companies free cash flow on stock buybacks, then asks for a government bailout when shit hits the fan. You can't take personal responsibility for anything in life, just blame somebody else, and ask for a handout, that's your motto.

Another example of liberals' ignorance about business. FYI, it is a very, very good thing when a company can buy back its own stock, because it reduces or eliminates the influence of shareholders and leaves more profit for the company to invest in new operations/offices/R&D and/or to distribute internally.

Liberals are always complaining about the cut-throat influence of shareholders, a complaint that many conservatives likewise voice. Well, the only way for a company to reduce or end shareholder influence is to buy back their stock. Shareholders often are the ones who pressure companies to cut benefits and to downsize even when it's not really necessary or even unwise. So you should be very glad that the Trump tax cuts have enabled so many companies to reduce or eliminate sharehold influence.
Like I said, economic illiterates...Every one of them.

Forum List

Back