Trump had fewer deportations than Obama's first year

The only bullshit is in your posts appearing on my screen and it starts on your keyboard!

Prior to the Bush administration, most people caught illegally crossing the southern border were simply bused back into Mexico in what officials called "voluntary returns," but which critics derisively termed "catch and release." Those removals, which during the 1990s reached more 1 million a year, were not counted in Immigration and Customs Enforcement's deportation statistics.

Now, the vast majority of border crossers who are apprehended get fingerprinted and formally deported. The change began during the George W. Bush administration. The policy stemmed in part from a desire to ensure that people who had crossed into the country illegally would have formal charges on their records.

Obama's increase in deportations has involved people picked up within 100 miles of the border, most of whom had just recently crossed over. In 2013, almost two-thirds of deportations were in that category. Border crossings slowed the last few years of Obama's admin.

"Catch and release" was what the Obama regime was doing. They would catch them, hand them a card with an address, date and time to show up for their hearing and watch them continue merrily on their way into the good old USA!

I guess you have never been fishing in your lifetime.

More bullshit from you. They were all arrested, fingerprinted, identified, charged, convicted, bused back into Mexico & handed over to Mexican authorities. I don't know what Mexico did with them, but they at least processed & counted them as being repatriated.

Since Obama convicted them all, repeatedly for many, now Trump is keeping them here in detention. If they are no longer handed back to Mexican authorities to escape them so we repeatedly catch them again, that could reduce the number we catch. But now instead of them being productive workers for US, they are now people we have to pay to take care of. Trump ask for additional $1.2 billion to keep additional Mexicans in detention.

No they didn't! When they capture them and arrest them, they have to go before an immigration judge BEFORE they can be deported. You just got caught in a lie!
That's your definition but it is wrong.

If you or I catch an illegal on our side of the Border and give him back to Mexico, that's a deportation. If the BP do it, that's a deportation.

You are wrong.

Deportation

The formal removal of an alien from the United States when the alien has been found removable for violating the immigration laws. Deportation is ordered by an immigration judge without any punishment being imposed or contemplated. Prior to April 1997 deportation and exclusion were separate removal procedures. The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 consolidated these procedures. After April 1, 1997, aliens in and admitted to the United States may be subject to removal based on deportability. Now called Removal, this function is managed by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Deportation

BP doesn't do deportations, BP does "returns" or they hand them over to ICE to be formally charged by an IJ who then orders the removal (deportation), which is then conducted by ICE.

Last edited:
You are entitled to your own opinion what "deportation" means but not to your own facts of the term

Deportation means returned to the alien's homeland.

That is what happens when the BP catch somebody on American soil, whether 10 feel this side of the Rio Grande or ICE in Denver, and the miscreant is returned to the homeland.

You are entitled to your own opinion what "deportation" means but not to your own facts of the term

That is what happens when the BP catch somebody on American soil, whether 10 feel this side of the Rio Grande or ICE in Denver, and the miscreant is returned to the homeland.
JFC BP doesn't "deport/remove" people, they "return" them or they turn them over to ICE to be charged and formally "removed/deported". All you have to do is look it up via USCIS, which is the link I gave you for the term Deportation.

The only one making up alternative facts is you, I gave you the USCIS definition, if you don't understand it, then the one with the issue is you.

Just one more lie from Trump.

Despite President Trump's tough-on-immigration rhetoric, there were around 177,000 fewer deportations this year than in 2009, Obama's first year in office. That number is lower than any year during Obama's presidency, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) data.
Turning away before entering isn't a deportation, but that's the count Obama had. Fact is, there was no deportations under Obama.

JFC BP doesn't "deport/remove" people, they "return" them or they turn them over to ICE to be charged and formally "removed/deported". All you have to do is look it up via USCIS, which is the link I gave you for the term Deportation.

The only one making up alternative facts is you, I gave you the USCIS definition, if you don't understand it, then the one with the issue is you.
You can have your own opinions, but not your own terms, facts, and definitions. You have the issue because you can't comprehend factual information.

Just one more lie from Trump.

Despite President Trump's tough-on-immigration rhetoric, there were around 177,000 fewer deportations this year than in 2009, Obama's first year in office. That number is lower than any year during Obama's presidency, according to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) data.
I posted that many months ago. Even Mexico says Trump deporting much fewer than Obama. But it looks like ICE is arresting more, so we are paying a ton of money to detain the people somewhere, food, shelter, medical & legal. Not to mention pissing them off treating them as criminals housed together learning criminal behaviors from each-other, destroying families & creating criminals. This will really definitely bite US in the ass in the future.

Boot those illegals!!!

Trump’s ICE arrest are way below Obama's average. Trump targets longtime immigrants who have committed minor or no offenses. Some of those immigrants have a right to a hearing in immigration courts, which are severely backlogged.

View attachment 166312

Some of those immigrants have a right to a hearing in immigration courts, which are severely backlogged.

Let's set up more special immigration courts.
Fast track those illegals back home!!!

You can have your own opinions, but not your own terms, facts, and definitions. You have the issue because you can't comprehend factual information.
What are my own facts since I am directly quoting the fucking USCIS? If you knew half of what you think you know, you still wouldn't have the basics of illegal immigration law understood. BP doesn't deal with nor do they handle Removals/Deportations, they only deal with Returns, or they hand over to ICE the illegal caught at the border so that they can be formally charged through Federal District Criminal Court and adjudicated by an IJ for which Removal/Deportation is ordered. Only ICE handles those scheduled for removals/deportations.

Last edited:
Why ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION plummets to a fraction of what it was under Obama, ......

YOU'RE GONNA NG TO HAVE FEWER PEOPLE TO DEPORT.

We have President Trump to thank for the DROP IN DEPORTATIONS.

That is your interp of what the UCSIC says, not its own words directly.

You might as well go home.

That is your interp of what the UCSIC says, not its own words directly.

You might as well go home.
Really? SMFH

This is the direct quote from USCIS:
Deportation

The formal removal of an alien from the United States when the alien has been found removable for violating the immigration laws. Deportation is ordered by an immigration judge without any punishment being imposed or contemplated. Prior to April 1997 deportation and exclusion were separate removal procedures. The Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 consolidated these procedures. After April 1, 1997, aliens in and admitted to the United States may be subject to removal based on deportability. Now called Removal, this function is managed by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
Now, what are you having such a hard time understanding?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back