Trump Hotel in Toronto forced into bankruptcy 4 yrs. after opening

The Toronto Trump Hotel, which opened to much fanfare, is now bankrupt:

Trump hotel-condo tower in Toronto set to be sold after judge OK's plan
Trump didn't build it or oversee it. You would know that if you read your own link. The original developer, Talon International Inc., licensed the Trump brand

Company failed to meet the right standards. Tends to happen when you SUCK at selling condo's. Just another bullshit thread by a partisan whiner.

What you don't get is, that makes it even worse.

Trump has NOTHING to do with the place

So it is not his name on the building?

because if he did he would have it up and running like a clock. He would NOT charge double the price per square foot for same size place as others around him!

Lord Trump is great
Lord Trump can do no wrong
Do not listen to the lies of liberals
Have faith only in Lord Trump

Repeat mantra

Trump didn't build it or oversee it. You would know that if you read your own link. The original developer, Talon International Inc., licensed the Trump brand

Company failed to meet the right standards. Tends to happen when you SUCK at selling condo's. Just another bullshit thread by a partisan whiner.

He made money off it.

He made money off it.

Trump built it, but he had to bring in partners to finish it. I lived in Toronto when this building was built. I know the whole history of it, and worked in Scotia Plaza, the building next door, when it was going up.

I got a huge laugh at the time because Trump made a big hoopla about the building, and then it sat for 8 years before construction commenced.

It's way overpriced. Condo's were the worst idea ever in banker's canyon. It's very noisy there. The other hotel/condominium in that neighbourhood also went bankrupt. There are nicer hotels to stay in, like the Four Seasons, at that price.

Did you have a point?

I'll make one on her behalf.

If Donald Trump can bankrupt a hotel (several actually) in an industry he has experience in, then he is all the more likely to bankrupt the government (a field he has no experience in).

Although in fairness, Donald Trump does not actually own the hotel in Toronto. His name is just plastered on the building.
Or it could be that no one wants to spend a night in a Trump Hotel, or even risk anybody finding out the humiliating fact that they may spent a night in Trump Hotel.

Did you have a point?

If Donald Trump can bankrupt a hotel (several actually) in an industry he has experience in, then he is all the more likely to bankrupt the government (a field he has no experience in).

Although in fairness, Donald Trump does not actually own the hotel in Toronto. His name is just plastered on the building.
Or it could be that no one wants to spend a night in a Trump Hotel, or even risk anybody finding out the humiliating fact that they may spent a night in Trump Hotel.

Aren't they in the process of changing the name of all the Trump hotels because the brand name Trump is in the toilet?

Aren't they in the process of changing the name of all the Trump hotels because the brand name Trump is in the toilet?
Some of the companies are. Remember, the name Trump is a franchise, not a centralized owned company. All the Trump Organization does is promote and sell itself.

Did you have a point?

Trump's rate of bankruptcy is far below the average. Regressives once again demonstrating their complete lack of knowledge with their "pick and blame". You need to get familiar with the Dunning Kruger effect.

Forum List

Back