🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Implies George Bush responsible for 9/11

Hey, he finally got one right.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...gests-george-bush-failed-to-stop-911-attacks/

“When you talk about George Bush, I mean, say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time,” Mr. Trump said.
Just shows what I've said all along. He's a twitter amateur. Anything for attention. BUT he may get my vote just to stop the illegal alien invasion.

Right because Mexicans are going to build that wall that most people don't want.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/fir...gests-george-bush-failed-to-stop-911-attacks/

“When you talk about George Bush, I mean, say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time,” Mr. Trump said.
Just shows what I've said all along. He's a twitter amateur. Anything for attention. BUT he may get my vote just to stop the illegal alien invasion.

Right because Mexicans are going to build that wall that most people don't want.
Idgaf who builds it. Just fucking build it.

Trump's obviously the most serious candidate running for president right now. Everyone else looks like amateurs.

Of ALL the adjectives that could be used describing Trump. "serious' is a tremendous stretch.

Idgaf who builds it. Just fucking build it.

it's not happening, it never will.

Trump is a world class asshole - but he's right about this. Bush received many pre-9/11 warnings - including from the Clinton Administration. Richard Clarke specifically warned Condi Rice.

Last edited:
So what Preal Harbor happened on FDR watch that didn't mean he was responsible for it or let it happen. There is nothing easier than looking back with hindsight and then telling someone what they should have known or done.

If you want to blame Pearl Harbor on FDR, that's fine, who cares? Not the same century,not the same intelligence gathering capabilities and in the meantime GOP front runner Donald J. Trump is blaming the gold standard of "kept us safe" for 9/11. I guess you agree, Bush is at least somewhat responsible.
I refuse to use hindsight to second guess people nor was I claiming Bush was somewhat responsible for 9-11 I was stating that using hindsight to critcize people is way to easy. I would like to see anyone honestly and I can not emphasize the word honestly enough claim if they were President in 2001 and was looking at that same intelligence they would have been able to predict and prevent 9-11.

So what Preal Harbor happened on FDR watch that didn't mean he was responsible for it or let it happen. There is nothing easier than looking back with hindsight and then telling someone what they should have known or done.

If you want to blame Pearl Harbor on FDR, that's fine, who cares? Not the same century,not the same intelligence gathering capabilities and in the meantime GOP front runner Donald J. Trump is blaming the gold standard of "kept us safe" for 9/11. I guess you agree, Bush is at least somewhat responsible.
I refuse to use hindsight to second guess people nor was I claiming Bush was somewhat responsible for 9-11 I was stating that using hindsight to critcize people is way to easy. I would like to see anyone honestly and I can not emphasize the word honestly enough claim if they were President in 2001 and was looking at that same intelligence they would have been able to predict and prevent 9-11.

Those are great questions for Trump, you should ask him.

A reasonable question......However, although I would NOT ever state that the attack could have been prevented, I WOULD state that it could have been mitigated considerably....and by that I mean the tightening of airline security and the adherence to FBI warnings about Arabs taking only flight lessons but not interested in how to land an aircraft.

If I were a debate moderator I would.

If I were a debate moderator I would.

It's rare when liberals and conservatives can agree, Trump is a dick, willing to say anything to get elected.

A reasonable question......However, although I would NOT ever state that the attack could have been prevented, I WOULD state that it could have been mitigated considerably....and by that I mean the tightening of airline security and the adherence to FBI warnings about Arabs taking only flight lessons but not interested in how to land an aircraft.
Maybe maybe not that is all speculation I rather suspect there is nothing Bush could have done in regards to 9-11 that would have satisfied his critics.

“When you talk about George Bush, I mean, say what you want, the World Trade Center came down during his time,” Mr. Trump said.[/QUOTE]

The statement is true but I'm not sure he was implying Bush was "responsible". Maybe he was just reminding people that the Bush administration didn't take terrorism as a threat as seriously as they should have. We all know the details on that.
He condemned Bush much more harshly at his press conference in New Hampshire a couple of months ago. In the first minute and a half he said about GWB and Iraq, "You never won", "What a mistake Iraq was." "The Iraq war is a disaster for the Bush's" "The last thing we need is another Bush" "Instead of Saddam Hussein you have Isis". Of course all those statements were true too but I was still surprised the Republican establishment let him get away with them without a word. Maybe they figured it was better to keep their mouths shut and not start a conversation that could have been very embarrassing for the whole Party.

Trump is a "counter-puncher" and an extremely thin-skinned (and insecure) individual........During the last GOP debate, Jeb received some loud applause when he stated that his brother "kept us safe"......

Trump is vengeful and was waiting for even the slightest nuanced question to bash Jeb (through GWB) on the kept us safe statement.

That statement is

The statement is true but I'm not sure he was implying Bush was "responsible". Maybe he was just reminding people that the Bush administration didn't take terrorism as a threat as seriously as they should have. We all know the details on that.
He condemned Bush much more harshly at his press conference in New Hampshire a couple of months ago. In the first minute and a half he said about GWB and Iraq, "You never won", "What a mistake Iraq was." "The Iraq war is a disaster for the Bush's" "The last thing we need is another Bush" "Instead of Saddam Hussein you have Isis". Of course all those statements were true too but I was still surprised the Republican establishment let him get away with them without a word. Maybe they figured it was better to keep their mouths shut and not start a conversation that could have been very embarrassing for the whole Party.

You have to run on the fact that Iraq was a mistake. Conservatives have obviously lost that argument along time ago.

Blaming Bush for not stopping 9/11 because you are running against his brother is entirely new.

Trump is a "counter-puncher" and an extremely thin-skinned (and insecure) individual........During the last GOP debate, Jeb received some loud applause when he stated that his brother "kept us safe"......

Trump is vengeful and was waiting for even the slightest nuanced question to bash Jeb (through GWB) on the kept us safe statement.

Yep. I have nothing else to offer, you said it.

And thus we can blame the Magic Neeeeeeego for all that has happened....and not happened...since 2009. Fair enuf.

This thread is about GOP front runner Trump blaming the last GOP president for not keeping us safe on 9/11. Take your "Neeeeeeego" shit someplace else.

And thus we can blame the Magic Neeeeeeego for all that has happened....and not happened...since 2009. Fair enuf.

This thread is about GOP front runner Trump blaming the last GOP president for not keeping us safe on 9/11. Take your "Neeeeeeego" shit someplace else.
I'd love to take him someplace else.

Nobody cares. In the meantime, Trump is blaming Bush for his failures.

Forum List

Back