Trump Is All Hot Air As Gas Prices Continue To Fall

The partisan agenda is bad for the country, does not matter which party it is.

There is not a winning choice in this election, we are merely choosing between being shot or being stabbed.

But hey, I am happy that you have a purpose in your life in your retirement, I hear that is important.
I have hobbies in my retirement. The working class people that you accuse of not getting off their asses don't have that luxury! They're too busy working extra hours to pay their bills.

I have hobbies in my retirement.

How do you like Costa Rica? Do you make it over to Panama very often?

The working class people that you accuse of not getting off their asses don't have that luxury! They're too busy working extra hours to pay their bills.

What makes one "working class" or not? Is it the job? is it the pay?

My wife is a ICU nurse, is that "working class"?

How do you like Costa Rica? Do you make it over to Panama very often?

What makes one "working class" or not? Is it the job? is it the pay?

My wife is a ICU nurse, is that "working class"?
Love it. I have a house on the Pacific coast.
A nurse would indeed be working class. One of my definitions of what a working class person would be is someone who doesn't have the financial ability to protect themselves from Government.

Love it. I have a house on the Pacific coast.

Nice to hear. Do you own or rent? I do not plan to ever own again when we sell the house we have and move to Panama. I estimate that what we get for the house will pay for rent for at least 14 years. We like the option of being free to go "hey, lets move to "xxxxx" anytime we like.

A nurse would indeed be working class. One of my definitions of what a working class person would be is someone who doesn't have the financial ability to protect themselves from Government.

This is sort of the problem with such labels as "working class" and "middle class" or what have you.

My wife is an RN, I am a data analyst/PMP. We have the financial ability to protect themselves from Government and if you do not count my military retirement my wife makes more than I do.

Nice to hear. Do you own or rent? I do not plan to ever own again when we sell the house we have and move to Panama. I estimate that what we get for the house will pay for rent for at least 14 years. We like the option of being free to go "hey, lets move to "xxxxx" anytime we like.

This is sort of the problem with such labels as "working class" and "middle class" or what have you.

My wife is an RN, I am a data analyst/PMP. We have the financial ability to protect themselves from Government and if you do not count my military retirement my wife makes more than I do.
I bought the house in Costa Rica 23 years ago.

Watch yourself when you're dealing with stuff down there, Harpy. The "locals" basically view you as a walking ATM machine! They think all the Gringos are filthy rich and a lot of them will try to get over on you. Not sure about Panama but that's the case in Costa Rica. Watch out for the Expats as well...there are some really shady people who moved to get away from their past.

Watch yourself when you're dealing with stuff down there, Harpy. The "locals" basically view you as a walking ATM machine! They think all the Gringos are filthy rich and a lot of them will try to get over on you. Not sure about Panama but that's the case in Costa Rica. Watch out for the Expats as well...there are some really shady people who moved to get away from their past.

Thanks for the advice. I have heard much of the same for Panama, seems often the other ex-pats are the worst.

I have been talking online with a few Veterans in Panama that run the VSO in Panama City, as well as a few others I have met on-line.

We took our first fact gathering trip this past spring and plan to make at least 3 more before we move for good. Both of us have spent a good amount of time outside the US, myself living in Iran for 4.5 years growing up.

Forum List

Back