Trump is FORCED to Attend the Trial?

Excactly, yet that's what he's doing.
Using the federal charges to try and get him for the hush money charge, which expired.

Using the federal charges Cohen was convicted of and where the basis for the felonious falsification of business records?

Yes, exactly.

WW

Fraud? Tax fraud? Are you talking about the "hush money"?
I'm talking about claiming the hush money as a business expense.
Tax fraud
It put Cohen and Wiesenberger in prison
It will do the same for Trump and Thomas.

And I will smile.

It would interfere with his afternoon Tee Time.

WW
1713383980259.gif

Maybe Clarence will help him out.

"The convicted Defendant Mr. Trump will rise for sentencing."

He will get a huge fine, community service, and probation, which will include a gag order that he will not violate.

Cohen was convicted of what exactly, willful tax evasion? and Trump guilty by association?

• five counts of tax evasion,
  • one count of making false statements to a financial institution,
  • one count of willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution,
  • one count of making an excessive campaign contribution at the request of a candidate (Trump)
WW

The DOJ doesn't have jurisdiction over NY state business law.

WW
I'm talking about claiming the hush money as a business expense.
Tax fraud
It put Cohen and Wiesenberger in prison
It will do the same for Trump and Thomas.

And I will smile.
Trump paid the hush money out of his pocket, not the campaign funds.

Speaking about Cohen....apples and oranges.
What Cohen did was on himself

Trump paid the hush money out of his pocket, not the campaign funds.

FPOTUS#45 paid it out of Trump Organization business accounts.

If he had drawn the money from a personal account he wouldn't be in court.

Speaking about Cohen....apples and oranges.
What Cohen did was on himself

Believe as you wish.

But it's really apples to applesauce. One leads to another.

But the case will be made in court that for and at the direction of FPOTUS#45 as part of an organized scheme, which astablishes the intent at hide/aid in the commission of another crime as one part. That scheme then results in the falsification of the business records as the second part.

We will see over the next 4-6 weeks how that plays out.

WW

• five counts of tax evasion,
  • one count of making false statements to a financial institution,
  • one count of willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution,
  • one count of making an excessive campaign contribution at the request of a candidate (Trump)
WW
5 counts of tax evasion-Cohen
one count of making false statements to a financial institution-Cohen
One count of willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution-Cohen
One count of making an excessive campaign contribution-Cohen
There was no evidence linking Trump

By his own admission, he has lied in court. He has lied to the media. And he has pleaded guilty to lying to Congress.

Now, he’s set to be state prosecutors’ key witness against Donald Trump.

5 counts of tax evasion-Cohen
one count of making false statements to a financial institution-Cohen
One count of willfully causing an unlawful corporate contribution-Cohen
One count of making an excessive campaign contribution-Cohen
There was no evidence linking Trump

By his own admission, he has lied in court. He has lied to the media. And he has pleaded guilty to lying to Congress.

Now, he’s set to be state prosecutors’ key witness against Donald Trump.

Ya'll think and play up the "key witness".

He will be a witness, but "key is debateable" he will be important to lay the foundation of the payment side, and he will testify about meetings and phone calls. But this time there will confirmation testimony from other witnesses, texts, emails, documents, and even known audio tape.

This isn't a case that will be based off one mans testimony.

WW

I did not realize the depth of Judge Mercan’s pettiness.

I thought Trump wanted the trial to pause for a day so he could go to his son’s graduation without missing it. But no. He is required to be in court on pain of jail.

I think Merchannwill let Trump complain and then ultimately let him go to his son’s event. Just to show how fair he is. 😒. But maybe he really will be that childish.

It is absurd to make Trump sit in court for this. A presidential election is far more important than a lengthy show trial of an alleged misdemeanor ginned up into 34 felonies.

donny f'd around - now donny is finding out what it means to be a citizen defendent. donny is not denied as of yet since the good judge is withholding permission to see if yer chosen one can actually control himself in a court of law, AND if he will honor the gag ORDER he is placed under. sooooooooooooo...... will donny act like an adult, or the damaged individual with arrested development? it's up to him.

FYI

N.Y. Crim. Proc. Law § 340.50

Download
PDF
Current through 2024 NY Law Chapters 1-49, 52, and 61-112
Section 340.50 - Defendant's presence at trial

1. Except as provided in subdivision two or three, a defendant must be personally present during the trial.

On motion of a defendant represented by counsel, the court may, in the absence of an objection by the people, issue an order dispensing with the requirement that the defendant be personally present at trial. Such an order may be made only upon the filing of a written and subscribed statement by the defendant declaring that he waives his right to be personally present at the trial and authorizing his attorney to conduct his defense.

3.A defendant who conducts himself in so disorderly and disruptive a manner that his trial cannot be carried on with him in the courtroom may be removed from the courtroom if, after he has been warned by the court that he will be removed if he continues such conduct, he continues to engage in such conduct.

Section 340.50 - Defendant's presence at trial, N.Y. Crim. Proc. Law § 340.50 | Casetext Search + Citator.

What felonies?

It's all made up bullshit, just like your manhood.
He is being charged with felonies. Did you not know that? That’s what the trials are all about. Prosecution will need to show their evidence and Trump can make his defense

donny f'd around - now donny is finding out what it means to be a citizen defendent. donny is not denied as of yet since the good judge is withholding permission to see if yer chosen one can actually control himself in a court of law, AND if he will honor the gag ORDER he is placed under. sooooooooooooo...... will donny act like an adult, or the damaged individual with arrested development? it's up to him.

FYI

Download
PDF
Current through 2024 NY Law Chapters 1-49, 52, and 61-112
Section 340.50 - Defendant's presence at trial

1. Except as provided in subdivision two or three, a defendant must be personally present during the trial.

On motion of a defendant represented by counsel, the court may, in the absence of an objection by the people, issue an order dispensing with the requirement that the defendant be personally present at trial. Such an order may be made only upon the filing of a written and subscribed statement by the defendant declaring that he waives his right to be personally present at the trial and authorizing his attorney to conduct his defense.

3.A defendant who conducts himself in so disorderly and disruptive a manner that his trial cannot be carried on with him in the courtroom may be removed from the courtroom if, after he has been warned by the court that he will be removed if he continues such conduct, he continues to engage in such conduct.

Section 340.50 - Defendant's presence at trial, N.Y. Crim. Proc. Law § 340.50 | Casetext Search + Citator.

FPOTUS#45 didn't request to be absent from court for the day.

FPOTUS@45 requested that the court be closed (in regards to his case).

Two different things.

Justice Merchan has not ruled on the request to not have court for May 17th.

FPOTUS#45 can still request for permission to be absent that day but with court proceeding without him.

WW

Ya'll think and play up the "key witness".

He will be a witness, but "key is debateable" he will be important to lay the foundation of the payment side, and he will testify about meetings and phone calls. But this time there will confirmation testimony from other witnesses, texts, emails, documents, and even known audio tape.

This isn't a case that will be based off one mans testimony.

WW
And yet, the Biden DOJ wouldn't prosecute....think about that.
It's not as solid as what you think.

And yet, the Biden DOJ wouldn't prosecute....think about that.
It's not as solid as what you think.

The DOJ doesn’t prosecute state business law.

I’ve made no comments on how solid I think the case is. I’ve neither heard the testimony or seen there supporting evidence (texts, emails, documents, contemporaneous notes, video/audio recordings, etc.).

We’ll have to see what comes out over the next 4-6 weeks.

WW

The DOJ doesn’t prosecute state business law.

I’ve made no comments on how solid I think the case is. I’ve neither heard the testimony or seen there supporting evidence (texts, emails, documents, contemporaneous notes, video/audio recordings, etc.).

We’ll have to see what comes out over the next 4-6 weeks.

WW
But the DOJ got Cohen???? :rolleyes-41:
I'm confused

Seems that way. I’m surprised you would say it about yourself.

Cohen charged with federal crimes.

FPOTUS#45 charged with state crime.

Not that hard a concept.

WW
Sad that you're not honest enough with yourself to admit that this is nothing more than to remove Biden's
political opponent. You aren't stupid (I think), perhaps you are.
Common sense is evasive with liberals.

Sad that you're not honest enough with yourself to admit that this is nothing more than to remove Biden's
political opponent. You aren't stupid (I think), perhaps you are.
Common sense is evasive with liberals.

I’m not a liberal. I’m an non-trumper Republican.

My preference is for neither Trump or Biden. I voted for Haley in the primary.

But nice try.

WW

Forum List

Back