Trump looking to put troops near Canadian border amid coronavirus fears

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This has angered some Canadian politicians. I wish they showed this much emotion when I reached out to some of them.

It's unfortunate that Americans have to see Canada for what we are, I've done my part to educate the world, even as I wanted to go about my life for a very long time (and it was denied). I've been called many names on Canadian forums, some calling me a "traitor" and worse. That's life. I know who I am and I suspect what they are.

The fact is, too many of us have had our lives destroyed here, and no politician has the courage to defend us. With what we are facing right now, it's possible Canadians, like in some movie, will be headed to the U.S border for freedom. I am guessing it's more of a reality than some admit.

It's really astonishing that we got to this point. The RCMP and their surrogates have destroyed this nations civil liberties for a very long time, now we pay the Piper in one form or another. Ditto for Toronto Police and OPP. We are the most personally indebted nation on earth and one of the most overvalued housing markets. Now with this mass unemployment (much of it won't return), the party could be over for awhile.

Just remember, when I post some controversial, negative news about Canada, I once almost chose to fight for, and risk my life for, my country. I decided to change course, but at least I cared enough to consider putting it on the line. This country has rarely reciprocated what I once loved about us, until I learned it was all great theory and PR while the same abusers hurt us all.

Honestly, I won't judge this decision if it comes to fruition. Do what you have to do America, to ensure you remain a Republic and aren't overwhelmed in a month. We've lost too much even as some of us screamed from the rooftops for justice and basic freedoms. Some of us would have been great ambassadors for Canada, instead, we represent what goes wrong with unchecked power and abuses.

American government officials inside Donald Trump’s White House are actively discussing putting troops near the Canadian borders in light of U.S. border security concerns around the coronavirus pandemic, sources tell Global News.

Few people cross from Canada into the United States at an unofficial point each year but the goal of the policy would be to help border guards detect irregular crossers, the sources said.

Last edited:
That's just stupid. If Canadians were to infiltrate here all they would do statistically is drive our CV infection rate down. Same with Mexicans. Our infection penetration is way higher than either. On that basis both Canada and Mexico should be building walls. The good news is that Mexico will pay for yours. I understand they're irresponsible with money that way.

That's just stupid. If Canadians were to infiltrate here all they would do statistically is drive our CV infection rate down. Same with Mexicans. Our infection penetration is way higher than either. On that basis both Canada and Mexico should be building walls. The good news is that Mexico will pay for yours. I understand they're irresponsible with money that way.

If you understand what's going on in our country, and really has been for some time; you wouldn't call it stupid.

When I said that Canada was subsidizing our covert police apparatus and economy, I meant it. Without your jobs here (in forms of corporation generally), and, you allowing so many Canadian talent in your country, we'd be in even worse trouble, and we weren't in a good spot BEFORE this virus.

This has angered some Canadian politicians. I wish they showed this much emotion when I reached out to some of them.

It's unfortunate that Americans have to see Canada for what we are, I've done my part to educate the world, even as I wanted to go about my life for a very long time (and it was denied). I've been called many names on Canadian forums, some calling me a "traitor" and worse. That's life. I know who I am and I suspect what they are.

The fact is, too many of us have had our lives destroyed here, and no politician has the courage to defend us. With what we are facing right now, it's possible Canadians, like in some movie, will be headed to the U.S border for freedom. I am guessing it's more of a reality than some admit.

It's really astonishing that we got to this point. The RCMP and their surrogates have destroyed this nations civil liberties for a very long time, now we pay the Piper in one form or another. Ditto for Toronto Police and OPP. We are the most personally indebted nation on earth and one of the most overvalued housing markets. Now with this mass unemployment (much of it won't return), the party could be over for awhile.

Just remember, when I post some controversial, negative news about Canada, I once almost chose to fight for, and risk my life for, my country. I decided to change course, but at least I cared enough to consider putting it on the line. This country has rarely reciprocated what I once loved about us, until I learned it was all great theory and PR while the same abusers hurt us all.

Honestly, I won't judge this decision if it comes to fruition. Do what you have to do America, to ensure you remain a Republic and aren't overwhelmed in a month. We've lost too much even as some of us screamed from the rooftops for justice and basic freedoms. Some of us would have been great ambassadors for Canada, instead, we represent what goes wrong with unchecked power and abuses.

American government officials inside Donald Trump’s White House are actively discussing putting troops near the Canadian borders in light of U.S. border security concerns around the coronavirus pandemic, sources tell Global News.

Few people cross from Canada into the United States at an unofficial point each year but the goal of the policy would be to help border guards detect irregular crossers, the sources said.

No surprise..eh?? :)

Sorry, couldn't resist. First thing that popped into my head. But you can just replace Sheila with Trump.

If you understand what's going on in our country, and really has been for some time; you wouldn't call it stupid.

When I said that Canada was subsidizing our covert police apparatus and economy, I meant it. Without your jobs here (in forms of corporation generally), and, you allowing so many Canadian talent in your country, we'd be in even worse trouble, and we weren't in a good spot BEFORE this virus.

Apparently you didn't read my post at all. It had nothing to do with the RCMP, civil liberties or anything remotely related.

We need troops on both sides of both borders to stop smugglers and infected migrants

The thing is, "infected migrants" statistically migrate FROM here TO there. Either direction. In other words of the three contiguous North American countries, Canada and Mexico have the most reason to be concerned.

Apparently you didn't read my post at all. It had nothing to do with the RCMP, civil liberties or anything remotely related.

Of course it does. Canadians aren't sneaking into America because they want a vacation, they are going, as they do when they enter legally; to find work and opportunity.

Are you proposing that somehow this is a good outcome, because it will improve your stats? If so, I don't understand how an illegal would be part of your stats, all they could do is increase them as they would only be counted if they caught the virus and/or perished from it.

I have enjoyed your posts over the years.

I'm willing to bet 25-50% of Canada is in FL right now.

Okay probably a wee bit less than 25% in reality ..but still..

I have enjoyed your posts over the years.

I'm willing to bet 25-50% of Canada is in FL right now.

I hope you have enjoyed them for the right reasons. If I've ever intentionally lied on this forum, may God strike me dead.

Of course it does. Canadians aren't sneaking into America because they want a vacation, they are going, as they do when they enter legally; to find work and opportunity.

Are you proposing that somehow this is a good outcome, because it will improve your stats? If so, I don't understand how an illegal would be part of your stats, all they could do is increase them as they would only be counted if they caught the virus and/or perished from it.

Holy shit :banghead:

READ YOUR TITLE HERE. Rump putting troops on the Canadian border. *THAT* is what I called stupid, because statistically it's far more concern to your country than to ours. A Canadian crossing into the US is less than half as likely to be infected as vice versa.

In other words Rump is using the military to make a fake point. Get it now??
And WHY is he making that particular fake point? PERCEPTIONS. He wants to sell this image as "hey looka me I'm protecting us from the evil Canadians" while the statistics -- the facts -- point in the opposite direction.

It's par for the coarse here, and we apologise for the orange bastard, eh? But there's little we can do for another eight months.

We need troops on both sides of both borders to stop smugglers and infected migrants

The thing is, "infected migrants" statistically migrate FROM here TO there. Either direction. In other words of the three contiguous North American countries, Canada and Mexico have the most reason to be concerned.
Bullshit

I dont trust the numbers from mexico anymore than china

which is zero

we should close the border to all but authorized persons anyway

the wuhan flu is just one more reason

Holy shit :banghead:

READ YOUR TITLE HERE. Rump putting troops on the Canadian border. *THAT* is what I called stupid, because statistically it's far more concern to your country than to ours. A Canadian crossing into the US is less than half as likely to be infected as vice versa.

In other words Rump is using the military to make a fake point. Get it now??
And WHY is he making that particular fake point? PERCEPTIONS. He wants to sell this image as "hey looka me I'm protecting us from the evil Canadians" while the statistics -- the facts -- point in the opposite direction.

It's par for the coarse here, and we apologise for the orange bastard, eh? But there's little we can do for another eight months.

The only ones trying to sneak into our country our illegal immigrants in YOUR country. I doubt some guy from Beverly Hills or Manhattan is headed to the border with a suitcase to find their "new happy life" working in a factory through a temp agency for $14 an hour Canadian.

In Ontario, our trajectory is worse than New Yorks, though it's much smaller in terms of absolute numbers. So for instance, we went from 85 cases in a day 3 days ago or so, to exactly double a day last night, 170 new cases.

We went from 8 total dead from last night to 13 total dead today. In short, we are escalating fast and I've been out, I've never seen such despair in my lifetime here. You can see it on their faces. Nobody is happy, nobody is joking. From the zombies on the street to the grocery clerk who is usually happy.

I expect in a weeks time, we will probably see 400 a day. It's already destroying our healthcare system, supplies and resources. We can't magically snap our fingers and fix this, we aren't nimble, innovative or free.

Last edited:
Will someone ask the OP author why Canada sucks so much??

That would be a bible, the Old Testament.

In short, you have a defended and honoured constitution which everyone respects, lawyers and organizations defend, media calls out, politicians cherish and, which your police abide by or they are fired.

We have a covert apparatus that laughs at our Charter of Right and Freedoms and which nobody questions, you're "on your own pal". Even lawyers become cucks for the RCMP.

When they destroy you, it goes well beyond just a stick to the knees (though that's another method), it goes to your career and dignity as a human being. These are the same people who would have joined the Gestapo and defended their decision as, "keeping the peace".

Of course, if they employ a few creeps or abusers, it's because that person "has had a rough life".

Oh, and of course, within such a system, CYA, power and their budget is far more important than the success of the nation. They are really stand up guy...

In short, you have a defended and honoured constitution which everyone respects, lawyers and organizations defend, media calls out, politicians cherish and, which your police abide by or they are fired.

We have a covert apparatus that laughs at our Charter of Right and Freedoms and which nobody questions, you're "on your own pal". Even lawyers become cucks for the RCMP.

When they destroy you, it goes well beyond just a stick to the knees (though that's another method), it goes to your career and dignity as a human being. These are the same people who would have joined the Gestapo and defended their decision as, "keeping the peace".

Of course, if they employ a few creeps or abusers, it's because that person "has had a rough life".

Oh, and of course, within such a system, CYA, power and their budget is far more important than the success of the nation. They are really stand up guy...
So what is the solution to Canada's problems?

I always thought Canada wasn't that bad because yall don't have as many darkies and foreign colored people there..

Is there too many there now and so Canada sucks or something?

I always thought Canada wasn't that bad because yall don't have as many darkies and foreign colored people there..

I like our diversity to be honest. As long as people embrace Canadian values, liberty and whatnot, ones skin color, religion or lifestyle shouldn't concern anyone.

Our problem isn't this, it's the rampant abuses by a covert kakistocracy that answers to no one. It's outright creepy and pervasive. I'm not alone in knowing how it works, I just happen to be relatively able to express myself and through thick and thin I've been able to remain who I am. It's been very difficult and I've lost my way sometimes as the resentment eats me alive.

It's why I dislike communists so much. I hate those who abuse and try to control others. Cowards that destroy what is beautiful about life. Mainly liberty, expression and inividualism.

There will be a day the $1B ballooning police force budgets will be cut along with the massive bloated government family members they've set up in our government. Until then, we will slowly continue to be crushed by a competitive, innovative world as our fossils get what they can for themselves.

I like our diversity to be honest. As long as people embrace Canadian values, liberty and whatnot, ones skin color, religion or lifestyle shouldn't concern anyone.

Our problem isn't this, it's the rampant abuses by a covert kakistocracy that answers to no one. It's outright creepy and pervasive. I'm not alone in knowing how it works, I just happen to be relatively able to express myself and through thick and thin I've been able to remain who I am. It's been very difficult and I've lost my way sometimes as the resentment eats me alive.

It's why I dislike communists so much. I hate those who abuse and try to control others. Cowards that destroy what is beautiful about life. Mainly liberty, expression and inividualism.

There will be a day the $1B ballooning police force budgets will be cut along with the massive bloated government family members they've set up in our government. Until then, we will slowly continue to be crushed by a competitive, innovative world as our fossils get what they can for themselves.
If Canada has a kakistocracy -- didn't Canadians vote for them? Why are Canadian voters so dumb that they vote for people who are not competent?

What is your solution?

Forum List

Back