Trump mass deportations could cost $88bn a year, analysis suggests

This sounds like another policy "concept" that hasnt been thought through. Maybe his oafish tariffs will pay for it. They are working overtime at the moment paying for his other fantasies.

Is anyone taking this seriously ? Apart from a credu;ous media of course.

Of course they will inflate the numbers without any historic evidence. Ultimately if that were the total costs that's a steal.

What there is however, is confirmed evidence of the costs of illegal immigration.

Guess how much does illegal immigration cost in terms of tax dollars at all levels of government? EACH YEAR, $150B. One year.

Even in 2017 it was high until Trump got a handle on it:
"In 2017, the U.S. spent roughly $116 billion on illegal immigration, suggesting that the problem is a growing one."

How Much Do Illegal Immigrants Cost the U.S.?

This sounds like another policy "concept" that hasnt been thought through. Maybe his oafish tariffs will pay for it. They are working overtime at the moment paying for his other fantasies.

That's a small fraction of what it costs us today

Relax.. Like most trump policies nobody believes this would actually happen.
What makes you think I’m not relaxed, child? Just stating facts.
The old fella talks a big game but then he goes for a nap.
Are you so dull that you think Trump will personally be doing the deporting? That task will be delegated, dumbo.

The article does not state that amount and it costs twice that per year to deal with their illegality and supporting them and the lawbreakers will all be gone in 1-1.5 years so Huge Savings actually.

The article does not state that amount and it costs twice that per year to deal with their illegality and supporting them and the lawbreakers will all be gone in 1-1.5 years so Huge Savings actually.

Send them back, this nation will be better off

Just make it illegal to hire illegals or face dire consequences, and illegals will be starved out and return voluntarily.

We pay out more than that in benefits, which we would be saving, not even mentioning the drops in crime that would also cost us less.

The start of fixing what’s wrong comes with addressing the current flood of would be “immigrants” at the border.

The second part of the repairs needed includes deportations. The word “mass” before “deportation” is a bit misleading. But that still leaves “deportation.” For those who wish to stay inside our nation, despite the fact that they broke our laws in coming here in the first place, there may be a human cost.

Oh well. To allow such folks to simply “stay” here is an absurdity.

Like the abortion debate, it is probably not feasible (or even desirable) to do it without acknowledging some exceptions. That discussion gets very thorny very quickly. Nevertheless, it is a discussion which is needed.
Go back to Clinton, every Democrat president has worked for illegal aliens and want them in the USA. Al Gore went to San Diego when he was VP to rush illegals into being citizens.

The hateful racist, bigoted right doesn’t care – conservatives don’t care about the human cost of something as reckless and irresponsible as ‘mass’ deportation.
I don't eat salads, so I have no sympathy for those lettuce picking wetbacks. :mad: I do like cantaloupe, however. :p

What makes you think I’m not relaxed, child? Just stating facts.

Are you so dull that you think Trump will personally be doing the deporting? That task will be delegated, dumbo.
Once it starts most will self-deport. Many are returning home already.

Forum List

Back