🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump Plans to Declassify Sketchy FISA Warrants

While heads should and must roll over this partisan weaponization of the bureaucracy there are political realities. Short of a devil's advocate in the FISA courts with access to all of the data I don't see any politically viable way to reduce future unfounded witch hunts. This kind of rot predates the war of 1812 so it will not magically disappear.

Now that the Democrats care about transparency, it's time to actually be transparent. How these clowns can claim that separate and distinct from the salacious and unverified dossier they had credible evidence that Trump camp was conspiring with the RUSSIANS, is beyond me. But let's do this, let's see what the evidence is because they have spent hours defending the basis for their snoop operation.
If anyone feels the FISA judges made the wrong decisions signing those warrants, isn't there already a body that can review the judges' decisions and determine if they did wrong? Why do we have to make this a public spectacle? What would releasing the documents "prove" to the public?
Did the judges make the wrong decision or did the fbi lie to get what they wanted?
If they lied, they should be caught. What makes you think they lied, though?

If anyone feels the FISA judges made the wrong decisions signing those warrants, isn't there already a body that can review the judges' decisions and determine if they did wrong?
No there isn't, which is another reason that makes the entire FISA process an abomination.

Why do we have to make this a public spectacle? What would releasing the documents "prove" to the public?
It would prove that FISA needs to be abolished altogether...You really down with a super-secret "court" that can issue warrants on the say-so of only one side?
I'm really down on allowing our spooks to keep a close eye on the spies saturating our country. They do not wish us well.
And if they lie and call you a spy so they can get warrants to spy on you?

You good there?
I heard they were "spying" on individuals in the Trump campaign, begun by a Trump staffer who bragged he had an inside track to the Russian powers that be. Is that wrong?

I heard?

Okay, I googled it since it seemed strange that any judge would be totally unaccountable.
The FISC is composed of federal judges appointed by the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, and its decisions can be reviewed by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review (FISCR) and the Supreme Court.
who can review FISA decisions - Google Search
Yeah, and who is going to file any complaints, when the process is totally secret?
sigh
SIGH?!?...Is that the best you can come up with?

FISA is a super-secret star chamber, that goes against every precept of common law and presumption of innocence....Any alleged "oversight" is meaningless and toothless window dressing.

I heard they were "spying" on individuals in the Trump campaign, begun by a Trump staffer who bragged he had an inside track to the Russian powers that be. Is that wrong?
That staffer (Popadopolous) was spoon fed the information that led him to believe he had the "inside track", by the very people who wanted to use his bragging as a pretext for the warrants....He was set up as a patsy.

I'm really down on allowing our spooks to keep a close eye on the spies saturating our country. They do not wish us well.
With blind bootlicking stupidity like this, I weep for my country.

You're today's award winner....
View attachment 252696
/---/ Old Lady's award should come with a gold leaf cluster.
iu

Fisa* in fact has a Court of Review that can be appealed to. But appealing after the fact would do nothing

Okay, I googled it since it seemed strange that any judge would be totally unaccountable.
The FISC is composed of federal judges appointed by the Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, and its decisions can be reviewed by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court of Review (FISCR) and the Supreme Court.
who can review FISA decisions - Google Search
Yeah, and who is going to file any complaints, when the process is totally secret?
sigh
SIGH?!?...Is that the best you can come up with?

FISA is a super-secret star chamber, that goes against every precept of common law and presumption of innocence....Any alleged "oversight" is meaningless and toothless window dressing.
You are an opponent of the FISA court. I get it.

If anyone feels the FISA judges made the wrong decisions signing those warrants, isn't there already a body that can review the judges' decisions and determine if they did wrong?
No there isn't, which is another reason that makes the entire FISA process an abomination.

Why do we have to make this a public spectacle? What would releasing the documents "prove" to the public?
It would prove that FISA needs to be abolished altogether...You really down with a super-secret "court" that can issue warrants on the say-so of only one side?

You good there?
papadopoulos - yea. the one he was giving info to was an FBI agent who kept pushing him to make that type of a statement to begin with.

we still good here? again if ok to do to him, then it's an ok action to do to us all.

That staffer (Popadopolous) was spoon fed the information that led him to believe he had the "inside track", by the very people who wanted to use his bragging as a pretext for the warrants....He was set up as a patsy.
No the staffer was that kid who got drunk in a bar overseas and was overheard...I can't remember his name.

Fisa* in fact has a Court of Review that can be appealed to. But appealing after the fact would do nothing
How do you appeal when you have no idea that a warrant has been issued to spy on you?

Its actually used when a request has been turned down. It is not a "suspect ". Also, the AG can surveil a suspect for up to one year just by "certifying " that it is neccessary. The Patriot Act eviscerated the 4th Amendment

No the staffer was that kid who got drunk in a bar overseas and was overheard...I can't remember his name.
It was Papadopoulos, you dingbat.

You good there?
papadopoulos - yea. the one he was giving info to was an FBI agent who kept pushing him to make that type of a statement to begin with.

we still good here? again if ok to do to him, then it's an ok action to do to us all.
If I am working for a campaign for Pres of the US, and I brag about having contacts with Putin's oligarchs, I'll expect to be spied on.

Now that the Democrats care about transparency, it's time to actually be transparent. How these clowns can claim that separate and distinct from the salacious and unverified dossier they had credible evidence that Trump camp was conspiring with the RUSSIANS, is beyond me. But let's do this, let's see what the evidence is because they have spent hours defending the basis for their snoop operation.
If anyone feels the FISA judges made the wrong decisions signing those warrants, isn't there already a body that can review the judges' decisions and determine if they did wrong? Why do we have to make this a public spectacle? What would releasing the documents "prove" to the public?
Did the judges make the wrong decision or did the fbi lie to get what they wanted?

5 Things The FBI Never Told The FISA Court About The Trump Dossier
now before raining down on the source, please just read these (5) things and ask yourself if this should have been told to a FISA judge who is giving them the ability to spy on people.

It was Papadopoulos, you dingbat.
Thanks.

You good there?

Link please

5 Things The FBI Never Told The FISA Court About The Trump Dossier
now before raining down on the source, please just read these (5) things and ask yourself if this should have been told to a FISA judge who is giving them the ability to spy on people.
That would matter if the Dossier was the sole or even most important evidence provided to get a FISA warrant on Page. It was neither. And again. Why do we care ? Page was not even a member of the Trump campaign at that point

Forum List

Back