Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

US is the second worst polluters. We are the leader not a backward follower. We now at level of Syria and Nicaragua. Even China the worst polluters sign on to this accord.

Maybe you should get your facts right:

Air pollution from industrial activity isn’t just an environmental concern—it’s a major public health problem, too.

In a report (pdf) released Tuesday (Sept. 27), the World Health Organization (WHO) found that 92% of the population breathes air with unhealthy levels of pollutants. WHO collected air quality data from 3,000 locations across the globe and looked for concentrations of fine particulate matter, including sulfates, nitrates, mineral dust, and black carbon, which are less than 2.5 micrometers in diameter—about 1/1000 of a millimeter, or the width of a credit card. Both indoors and outdoors, these particles work their way into the lungs when we breathe, and can cause cardiovascular disease like lung cancer, stroke, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Every country has terrible air pollution, but these are the world’s worst

Now, if you click on the link (and I doubt you will) you can scroll down to the bottom of the page where they list the countries from worst to best. Just so you don't waste too much of your precious time, I suggest you scroll quickly to find the US.

Of course China signed onto it. They don't have to do shit until 2030, and even then, who knows if they'd honor it.

You are very funny Ray. LOL. You are telling me that air is polluted. So we need to do something. Correct? What are you trying to tell me? You need to look at this real link and the problem Ray.

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions - Wikipedia

View attachment 130754

China. They don't do shit till 2030 is a lame and dumb excuse from Trump as a good example of LYING to Americans.
Technically yes they don't do anything till 2030 because that is the allowance they negotiated with the accord. But in REALITY that is incorrect. They are choking to death right now. What made you and Trump think they are not doing anything right now?
If someone has a cancer (China) is this person going to wait 13 years to get treatments? Wrong. If they waited 13 years to do something------- What do you think will happen to them? Chinese are not that stupid.
They are building several hydro electric dam like in Brahmaputra, three gorges dam and others. This year they scrapped 103 coal power plant which I heard this news in 2015 when they are still in planning stage. They are also doing a lot of improvements about smog from cars and other factory polluters. That is just the start.

The End of Coal Is Near: China Just Scrapped 103 Power Plants

Correct, the Chinese are not stupid, thats why they take advantage of our stupid like Dumbama.

You say that the Chinese are going more green all by themselves, and then try to make the case why WE should sign the Paris Accord? The Chinese are doing such a good job in your opinion without any international agreement.

You people on the left never learn anything about these agreements or treaties. It's like when Saddam signed an agreement to stop us from tearing his country apart, or when Russia signed on to nuclear disarmament, or when Iran said they will stop advancing their nuclear technology. These leaders can barely hold back their laughter when they sign these things because they know we are stupid enough to believe they will abide by them. They sign these treaties and then take them into the toilet and use them to wipe up with.

What Trump did was stop a gang of countries from making fools out of us again. And during this entire discussion since I joined in, not one of you on the left are able to tell me why we need to gang up with all these other countries. Not one of you can tell me what would be accomplished by this that we can't accomplish ourselves without the agreement.
We are the #2 emitter of greenhouse gases. We are also the richest country in the world. So does it make sense that we, and other developed, successful countries, would agree to help less developed countries in making efforts to save the planet from disastrous climate change?
I've read the arguments here. I know the current agreement would not meet the goal. I know the regulations we agreed to are costing the business community $ (that's always a good reason for the Republicans to chime in, yes?) and I know it is not enforceable. I've read all those things here and I believe them, so you don't have to bring them up again. I want to ask you this:
Why do we not need to own our shit? We are the #2 polluter and the #1 richest in the world. And we say we won't get involved in a global effort because we don't want to pay. Is that responsible? I don't think so.

can't speak for all but i absolutely think we can and should do more to work within the environment whether "global warming" is real or not. we should *always* keep our environment in mind cause we don't get another. fact to be sure.

however, now having us bear the $ to the world? ok - if you want to stretch our responsibility that far i'll even go along with this. however, if i'm giving you a billion $$$ to reduce emissions you damn well better do it and you damn well better be ready to be held accountable FOR doing it or there should be penalties in place. for us, for china, india and for all who participate in this agreement.
I've got no argument with that. Providing equipment and technology to those countries instead of raw cash would ensure compliance at least as far as it goes, wouldn't it? That would make more sense than a wad of $$$.

Air pollution from industrial activity isn’t just an environmental concern—it’s a major public health problem, too.

In a report (pdf) released Tuesday (Sept. 27), the World Health Organization (WHO) found that 92% of the population breathes air with unhealthy levels of pollutants. WHO collected air quality data from 3,000 locations across the globe and looked for concentrations of fine particulate matter, including sulfates, nitrates, mineral dust, and black carbon, which are less than 2.5 micrometers in diameter—about 1/1000 of a millimeter, or the width of a credit card. Both indoors and outdoors, these particles work their way into the lungs when we breathe, and can cause cardiovascular disease like lung cancer, stroke, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Now, if you click on the link (and I doubt you will) you can scroll down to the bottom of the page where they list the countries from worst to best. Just so you don't waste too much of your precious time, I suggest you scroll quickly to find the US.

Of course China signed onto it. They don't have to do shit until 2030, and even then, who knows if they'd honor it.

You are very funny Ray. LOL. You are telling me that air is polluted. So we need to do something. Correct? What are you trying to tell me? You need to look at this real link and the problem Ray.

View attachment 130754

China. They don't do shit till 2030 is a lame and dumb excuse from Trump as a good example of LYING to Americans.
Technically yes they don't do anything till 2030 because that is the allowance they negotiated with the accord. But in REALITY that is incorrect. They are choking to death right now. What made you and Trump think they are not doing anything right now?
If someone has a cancer (China) is this person going to wait 13 years to get treatments? Wrong. If they waited 13 years to do something------- What do you think will happen to them? Chinese are not that stupid.
They are building several hydro electric dam like in Brahmaputra, three gorges dam and others. This year they scrapped 103 coal power plant which I heard this news in 2015 when they are still in planning stage. They are also doing a lot of improvements about smog from cars and other factory polluters. That is just the start.

Correct, the Chinese are not stupid, thats why they take advantage of our stupid like Dumbama.

You say that the Chinese are going more green all by themselves, and then try to make the case why WE should sign the Paris Accord? The Chinese are doing such a good job in your opinion without any international agreement.

You people on the left never learn anything about these agreements or treaties. It's like when Saddam signed an agreement to stop us from tearing his country apart, or when Russia signed on to nuclear disarmament, or when Iran said they will stop advancing their nuclear technology. These leaders can barely hold back their laughter when they sign these things because they know we are stupid enough to believe they will abide by them. They sign these treaties and then take them into the toilet and use them to wipe up with.

What Trump did was stop a gang of countries from making fools out of us again. And during this entire discussion since I joined in, not one of you on the left are able to tell me why we need to gang up with all these other countries. Not one of you can tell me what would be accomplished by this that we can't accomplish ourselves without the agreement.
We are the #2 emitter of greenhouse gases. We are also the richest country in the world. So does it make sense that we, and other developed, successful countries, would agree to help less developed countries in making efforts to save the planet from disastrous climate change?
I've read the arguments here. I know the current agreement would not meet the goal. I know the regulations we agreed to are costing the business community $ (that's always a good reason for the Republicans to chime in, yes?) and I know it is not enforceable. I've read all those things here and I believe them, so you don't have to bring them up again. I want to ask you this:
Why do we not need to own our shit? We are the #2 polluter and the #1 richest in the world. And we say we won't get involved in a global effort because we don't want to pay. Is that responsible? I don't think so.

can't speak for all but i absolutely think we can and should do more to work within the environment whether "global warming" is real or not. we should *always* keep our environment in mind cause we don't get another. fact to be sure.

however, now having us bear the $ to the world? ok - if you want to stretch our responsibility that far i'll even go along with this. however, if i'm giving you a billion $$$ to reduce emissions you damn well better do it and you damn well better be ready to be held accountable FOR doing it or there should be penalties in place. for us, for china, india and for all who participate in this agreement.
I've got no argument with that. Providing equipment and technology to those countries instead of raw cash would ensure compliance at least as far as it goes, wouldn't it? That would make more sense than a wad of $$$.
and for that reason alone i'm glad we bailed.

to date i can't find ANYONE on either side of this tell me what this would solve. only that we were "doing something" and i can't go along with that. "something" is far too vague in a culture that these days can twist anything into whatever they want and gain a following on it.

trump has said he'll renegotiate and i'm hoping he does. but suddenly all these countries who were crying FOUL to the earth and our environment don't want to talk about how to save it, just how to get the $$$ obama promised.

make joint efforts of responsibility. fund groups to go in and make that difference. create a joint task force from all the countries to work together and have *all* pick up the tab. if you truly are faced with a financial hardship in your country - work with it but don't dump $ and hope they do what we ask, which really isn't much of anything specific that i know of.

NEWSFLASH: THE UNITED STATES WAS NEVER 'IN' THE PARIS ACCORDS
*** See separate Thread about this (that will potentially combine with this one)

The Paris Accords is a TREATY. Barry made yet another Un-Constitutional Decision on his own to Sign the United States up to this TREATY - He NEVER followed the Constitution, NEVER presented it to Congress, and Congress NEVER ratified the TREATY.

Just like with his 'Iran Deal', the agreement Barry made with the Paris Accords is nothing more than agreement between Barry - who is now gone - and the International Community.

Trump isn't 'pulling out' of anything - we were never 'in'.
Almost as good as the Cross on the Christmas Tree thread.
Why is it going to take until 2020 to completely extricate ourselves from it, then?

Both sides get passionate. Your side about losing a buck, the green side about losing clean air or water.
Don't say the Republicans don't scream economic doom every single time a regulation is imposed on their manufacturing or drilling. Yet we seem to have survived and the economy is supposedly "booming" according to Thunder Mouth.
Oh absolutely. The republicans are fucking idiots.
Its a lot more than clean air and water. A dem president has gone as far as to blame it for his daughters asthma and Islamic extremism.. No shit.
The republicans are fucking idiots.
They're rich SOB's who want every last nickel milked from what is making them rich. You can't blame them; this is how our country works. But when the brakes get put on for the public good--whoa Nelly! Let's even come up with dumb stuff like "A dem president has gone as far as to blame it for his daughters asthma and Islamic extremism." Well, air pollution does exacerbate asthma. Ask any doctor of whatever political persuasion, or better yet, anyone with asthma. And every national security expert I've heard has agreed that climate change IS a one of the top security issues facing our country. Due to disruption of natural resources and massive migration causing socio-economic disruption.
The dem president who said those things wasn't wrong. But the current Republican president who is saying a world wide climate agreement isn't good for the U.S. is.
You are going to sit there and tell me dry, hot climates cause Islamic terrorism in the middle east when they have been living in that EXACT climate for thousands of years?
Give me a fucking break old lady. I know its Monday but damn..
You sit there and talk trash about "rich republicans" when rich dems pushing this shit when they fly around in private jets. Leo decaprio flew halfway around the world to accept an environment award and he let out more co2 from that SOLE trip than my family will do in six months.
Again, give me a fucking break.
This stupid partisanship you all are stuck on is regressive. You people need to grow the fuck up.
And I guess you have a point with the asthma. The dem city of Chicago STILL hasn't met basic air quality standards :badgrin:
They don't really care. And until you care enough to look for reality, you are just as bad as the duopoly.
This stupid partisanship you all are stuck on is regressive.
Take a look in the mirror, TN. The conservative argument here (if you can really call an argument based on bullshit an "argument"), wants to roll back the clock and make things the way they used to be. Despite that the world is changing and the world is moving on. We need to find out how to roll with the change, not allow our power plants and factories pollute more, just like the good old days. Thank God Presidents only get a four year term. If he lasts that long.
I ask for proof and use logic and REALITY and you call me a partisan? I am sitting here calling for regulations on shit that we can ACTUALLY CHANGE like waterway and ocean pollution and you call ME a partisan?
Lol get real old lady. You are full of shit. Seriously.
FIVE PERCENT. Our co2 imprint is miniscule and until I can see FACT, all this will ever be is partisan bullshit. ESPECIALLY when you call people science deniers for not being in your collective while you cant offer a SHRED of ACTUAL evidence.
Al Gore will tell you all this shit and you suck it up. Then, the son of a bitch boards his private jumbo jet, lands and gets in an SUV that get 12 miles a gallon and goes to an environmental rally and tells us we need to cut back on emissions and the air conditioner. Then, all the people that attended the event leaves 2 tons of fucking trash behind :rofl:
All of you are a fucking JOKE when it comes to this.
Call me a partisan :lol:

The Earth balances its CO2 emitting & absorbing. All we had to do was increase the CO2 ppm enough to exceed the absorbtion rate.

We can stack a certain amount of weight on a 40 ton capacity bridge without it failing. Everyday we add a thousand pounds. One day that 1,000 pounds will cause that bridge to collapse. That 1,000 pounds is maybe 2% of that total weight yet it was that addition weight thaty did in that bridge.

You whiny fucks need to get some logic instead of searching for excuses for your stupidity.

Ask your orange buddy

HE AIN'T MY 'ORANGE BUDDY,' you hypocritical, circuitous jackass. Go sit on it and twist. At least I have some background in physics and meteorology to have a real opinion, I'm betting you have neither. And the president is 10 X 10,000 times closer to the issue and more informed than you. He's made his decision, I trust his judgement and things will go on just fine without any Paris Accord. The EU can go shove their Accord up their collective ASS.

Both sides get passionate. Your side about losing a buck, the green side about losing clean air or water.
Don't say the Republicans don't scream economic doom every single time a regulation is imposed on their manufacturing or drilling. Yet we seem to have survived and the economy is supposedly "booming" according to Thunder Mouth.
Its a lot more than clean air and water. A dem president has gone as far as to blame it for his daughters asthma and Islamic extremism.. No shit.
They're rich SOB's who want every last nickel milked from what is making them rich. You can't blame them; this is how our country works. But when the brakes get put on for the public good--whoa Nelly! Let's even come up with dumb stuff like "A dem president has gone as far as to blame it for his daughters asthma and Islamic extremism." Well, air pollution does exacerbate asthma. Ask any doctor of whatever political persuasion, or better yet, anyone with asthma. And every national security expert I've heard has agreed that climate change IS a one of the top security issues facing our country. Due to disruption of natural resources and massive migration causing socio-economic disruption.
The dem president who said those things wasn't wrong. But the current Republican president who is saying a world wide climate agreement isn't good for the U.S. is.
You are going to sit there and tell me dry, hot climates cause Islamic terrorism in the middle east when they have been living in that EXACT climate for thousands of years?
You sit there and talk trash about "rich republicans" when rich dems pushing this shit when they fly around in private jets. Leo decaprio flew halfway around the world to accept an environment award and he let out more co2 from that SOLE trip than my family will do in six months.
This stupid partisanship you all are stuck on is regressive. You people need to grow the fuck up.
And I guess you have a point with the asthma. The dem city of Chicago STILL hasn't met basic air quality standards :badgrin:
They don't really care. And until you care enough to look for reality, you are just as bad as the duopoly.
Take a look in the mirror, TN. The conservative argument here (if you can really call an argument based on bullshit an "argument"), wants to roll back the clock and make things the way they used to be. Despite that the world is changing and the world is moving on. We need to find out how to roll with the change, not allow our power plants and factories pollute more, just like the good old days. Thank God Presidents only get a four year term. If he lasts that long.
I ask for proof and use logic and REALITY and you call me a partisan? I am sitting here calling for regulations on shit that we can ACTUALLY CHANGE like waterway and ocean pollution and you call ME a partisan?
FIVE PERCENT. Our co2 imprint is miniscule and until I can see FACT, all this will ever be is partisan bullshit. ESPECIALLY when you call people science deniers for not being in your collective while you cant offer a SHRED of ACTUAL evidence.
Al Gore will tell you all this shit and you suck it up. Then, the son of a bitch boards his private jumbo jet, lands and gets in an SUV that get 12 miles a gallon and goes to an environmental rally and tells us we need to cut back on emissions and the air conditioner. Then, all the people that attended the event leaves 2 tons of fucking trash behind :rofl:
When you bring in stuff about Obama and about some liberal with a private jet, yes, you are being partisan. You are also denying the science. All so rich guys can get richer. That's all it's about TN, and you're getting played along with millions of other conservatives in this country. It's a shame.

View attachment 130754

to date i can't find ANYONE on either side of this tell me what this would solve. only that we were "doing something" and i can't go along with that. "something" is far too vague in a culture that these days can twist anything into whatever they want and gain a following on it.

trump has said he'll renegotiate and i'm hoping he does. but suddenly all these countries who were crying FOUL to the earth and our environment don't want to talk about how to save it, just how to get the $$$ obama promised.

make joint efforts of responsibility. fund groups to go in and make that difference. create a joint task force from all the countries to work together and have *all* pick up the tab. if you truly are faced with a financial hardship in your country - work with it but don't dump $ and hope they do what we ask, which really isn't much of anything specific that i know of.

Gee, ummmm, what do we gain? Let me think......... LOWER EMISSIONS? Could that be it? Wow.

We put the planet in the condition it is. Accept responsibility for that instead of whining like a little girl. We, along with other developed nations, helped create this mess, we should help clean it up.

Accept responsibility...

There is a Constitutionally mandated process for entering into TREATIES - Obama made it a habit of violating the Constitution to enter the United States into treaties based on his own ideologies and desires. He did not act 'responsibly' or Constitutionally.

When you bring in stuff about Obama and about some liberal with a private jet, yes, you are being partisan. You are also denying the science. All so rich guys can get richer. That's all it's about TN, and you're getting played along with millions of other conservatives in this country. It's a shame.
The fact remains polar bears are not drowning, only fools believe so

Gee, ummmm, what do we gain? Let me think......... LOWER EMISSIONS? Could that be it? Wow.

We put the planet in the condition it is. Accept responsibility for that instead of whining like a little girl. We, along with other developed nations, helped create this mess, we should help clean it up.

and what was in this agreement that held people accountable to this goal?

when did *everyone* have to be on board with this goal?

I never said they were.

We lose being a world leader in fighting climate change. We increase the possibilities of a more difficult future for our children & grandchildren. We lost credibility. We lost respect for our Presidency. We risk ending a unified global effort.

I understand that you assholes either don't have kids or just hate your children. Must be the case as you choose to believe a orange uninformed POS instead of scientists.
How do you fight climate change? Climate change is a NATURAL occurrence.
A "natural" occurrence driven by man made pollutants.
Ahhh. Yes, I forgot we have been causing Earths natural evolution for billions of years.
YOU WIN :lol:
Yet another dumbass who thinks that since the climate changes natually that man can not have an effect on it.

So tell us fool what's the effect?

5%

25%

50%

75%

100%?

Still no answer from you?

I never said they were.
Your spokesman manbearpig send so...

Accept responsibility...

There is a Constitutionally mandated process for entering into TREATIES - Obama made it a habit of violating the Constitution to enter the United States into treaties based on his own ideologies and desires. He did not act 'responsibly' or Constitutionally.
It was an agreement not a treaty. My God. Quit such a flaming asshole.

The Earth balances its CO2 emitting & absorbing. All we had to do was increase the CO2 ppm enough to exceed the absorbtion rate.

We can stack a certain amount of weight on a 40 ton capacity bridge without it failing. Everyday we add a thousand pounds. One day that 1,000 pounds will cause that bridge to collapse. That 1,000 pounds is maybe 2% of that total weight yet it was that addition weight thaty did in that bridge.

You whiny fucks need to get some logic instead of searching for excuses for your stupidity.
According to models, you are correct.
Also, nature always in balance is an assumption. Which, OBVIOUSLY, isn't correct. Seeing as we have hits thousands of c02 ppm before. Which, BTW, we had glaciers at that time :thup:

View attachment 130754

Tell Obama...once again he was a dictator on this..

And you thought he could get away with it?

How do you fight climate change? Climate change is a NATURAL occurrence.
Ahhh. Yes, I forgot we have been causing Earths natural evolution for billions of years.
Yet another dumbass who thinks that since the climate changes natually that man can not have an effect on it.

5%

25%

50%

75%

100%?[/

Percent of what??

5%

25%

50%

75%

100%?[/

Percent of what??
4572416+_fb196a22f9a2f5b439dc70b22246e340.jpg

Forum List

Back