Trump pulling out of Paris Climate Accord

You are very funny Ray. LOL. You are telling me that air is polluted. So we need to do something. Correct? What are you trying to tell me? You need to look at this real link and the problem Ray.

List of countries by carbon dioxide emissions - Wikipedia

View attachment 130754

China. They don't do shit till 2030 is a lame and dumb excuse from Trump as a good example of LYING to Americans.
Technically yes they don't do anything till 2030 because that is the allowance they negotiated with the accord. But in REALITY that is incorrect. They are choking to death right now. What made you and Trump think they are not doing anything right now?
If someone has a cancer (China) is this person going to wait 13 years to get treatments? Wrong. If they waited 13 years to do something------- What do you think will happen to them? Chinese are not that stupid.
They are building several hydro electric dam like in Brahmaputra, three gorges dam and others. This year they scrapped 103 coal power plant which I heard this news in 2015 when they are still in planning stage. They are also doing a lot of improvements about smog from cars and other factory polluters. That is just the start.

The End of Coal Is Near: China Just Scrapped 103 Power Plants

Correct, the Chinese are not stupid, thats why they take advantage of our stupid like Dumbama.

You say that the Chinese are going more green all by themselves, and then try to make the case why WE should sign the Paris Accord? The Chinese are doing such a good job in your opinion without any international agreement.

You people on the left never learn anything about these agreements or treaties. It's like when Saddam signed an agreement to stop us from tearing his country apart, or when Russia signed on to nuclear disarmament, or when Iran said they will stop advancing their nuclear technology. These leaders can barely hold back their laughter when they sign these things because they know we are stupid enough to believe they will abide by them. They sign these treaties and then take them into the toilet and use them to wipe up with.

What Trump did was stop a gang of countries from making fools out of us again. And during this entire discussion since I joined in, not one of you on the left are able to tell me why we need to gang up with all these other countries. Not one of you can tell me what would be accomplished by this that we can't accomplish ourselves without the agreement.
We are the #2 emitter of greenhouse gases. We are also the richest country in the world. So does it make sense that we, and other developed, successful countries, would agree to help less developed countries in making efforts to save the planet from disastrous climate change?
I've read the arguments here. I know the current agreement would not meet the goal. I know the regulations we agreed to are costing the business community $ (that's always a good reason for the Republicans to chime in, yes?) and I know it is not enforceable. I've read all those things here and I believe them, so you don't have to bring them up again. I want to ask you this:
Why do we not need to own our shit? We are the #2 polluter and the #1 richest in the world. And we say we won't get involved in a global effort because we don't want to pay. Is that responsible? I don't think so.

can't speak for all but i absolutely think we can and should do more to work within the environment whether "global warming" is real or not. we should *always* keep our environment in mind cause we don't get another. fact to be sure.

however, now having us bear the $ to the world? ok - if you want to stretch our responsibility that far i'll even go along with this. however, if i'm giving you a billion $$$ to reduce emissions you damn well better do it and you damn well better be ready to be held accountable FOR doing it or there should be penalties in place. for us, for china, india and for all who participate in this agreement.
I've got no argument with that. Providing equipment and technology to those countries instead of raw cash would ensure compliance at least as far as it goes, wouldn't it? That would make more sense than a wad of $$$.

Tell Obama...once again he was a dictator on this..

And you thought he could get away with it?

never recalled her saying he (obama) could get away with anything. she's just digging for facts like we all are.

Oh absolutely. The republicans are fucking idiots.
Its a lot more than clean air and water. A dem president has gone as far as to blame it for his daughters asthma and Islamic extremism.. No shit.
The republicans are fucking idiots.
They're rich SOB's who want every last nickel milked from what is making them rich. You can't blame them; this is how our country works. But when the brakes get put on for the public good--whoa Nelly! Let's even come up with dumb stuff like "A dem president has gone as far as to blame it for his daughters asthma and Islamic extremism." Well, air pollution does exacerbate asthma. Ask any doctor of whatever political persuasion, or better yet, anyone with asthma. And every national security expert I've heard has agreed that climate change IS a one of the top security issues facing our country. Due to disruption of natural resources and massive migration causing socio-economic disruption.
The dem president who said those things wasn't wrong. But the current Republican president who is saying a world wide climate agreement isn't good for the U.S. is.
You are going to sit there and tell me dry, hot climates cause Islamic terrorism in the middle east when they have been living in that EXACT climate for thousands of years?
Give me a fucking break old lady. I know its Monday but damn..
You sit there and talk trash about "rich republicans" when rich dems pushing this shit when they fly around in private jets. Leo decaprio flew halfway around the world to accept an environment award and he let out more co2 from that SOLE trip than my family will do in six months.
Again, give me a fucking break.
This stupid partisanship you all are stuck on is regressive. You people need to grow the fuck up.
And I guess you have a point with the asthma. The dem city of Chicago STILL hasn't met basic air quality standards :badgrin:
They don't really care. And until you care enough to look for reality, you are just as bad as the duopoly.
This stupid partisanship you all are stuck on is regressive.
Take a look in the mirror, TN. The conservative argument here (if you can really call an argument based on bullshit an "argument"), wants to roll back the clock and make things the way they used to be. Despite that the world is changing and the world is moving on. We need to find out how to roll with the change, not allow our power plants and factories pollute more, just like the good old days. Thank God Presidents only get a four year term. If he lasts that long.
I ask for proof and use logic and REALITY and you call me a partisan? I am sitting here calling for regulations on shit that we can ACTUALLY CHANGE like waterway and ocean pollution and you call ME a partisan?
Lol get real old lady. You are full of shit. Seriously.
FIVE PERCENT. Our co2 imprint is miniscule and until I can see FACT, all this will ever be is partisan bullshit. ESPECIALLY when you call people science deniers for not being in your collective while you cant offer a SHRED of ACTUAL evidence.
Al Gore will tell you all this shit and you suck it up. Then, the son of a bitch boards his private jumbo jet, lands and gets in an SUV that get 12 miles a gallon and goes to an environmental rally and tells us we need to cut back on emissions and the air conditioner. Then, all the people that attended the event leaves 2 tons of fucking trash behind :rofl:
All of you are a fucking JOKE when it comes to this.
Call me a partisan :lol:

The Earth balances its CO2 emitting & absorbing. All we had to do was increase the CO2 ppm enough to exceed the absorbtion rate.

We can stack a certain amount of weight on a 40 ton capacity bridge without it failing. Everyday we add a thousand pounds. One day that 1,000 pounds will cause that bridge to collapse. That 1,000 pounds is maybe 2% of that total weight yet it was that addition weight thaty did in that bridge.

You whiny fucks need to get some logic instead of searching for excuses for your stupidity.

Once again you moron we had 5 times more C02 in the air during Dino's you idiot

Accept responsibility...

There is a Constitutionally mandated process for entering into TREATIES - Obama made it a habit of violating the Constitution to enter the United States into treaties based on his own ideologies and desires. He did not act 'responsibly' or Constitutionally.
Read the article I posted in your related new thread. It is not a treaty, specifically because of that. It is an agreement. It was kosher and it is lawful.

Oh absolutely. The republicans are fucking idiots.
Its a lot more than clean air and water. A dem president has gone as far as to blame it for his daughters asthma and Islamic extremism.. No shit.
They're rich SOB's who want every last nickel milked from what is making them rich. You can't blame them; this is how our country works. But when the brakes get put on for the public good--whoa Nelly! Let's even come up with dumb stuff like "A dem president has gone as far as to blame it for his daughters asthma and Islamic extremism." Well, air pollution does exacerbate asthma. Ask any doctor of whatever political persuasion, or better yet, anyone with asthma. And every national security expert I've heard has agreed that climate change IS a one of the top security issues facing our country. Due to disruption of natural resources and massive migration causing socio-economic disruption.
The dem president who said those things wasn't wrong. But the current Republican president who is saying a world wide climate agreement isn't good for the U.S. is.
You are going to sit there and tell me dry, hot climates cause Islamic terrorism in the middle east when they have been living in that EXACT climate for thousands of years?
You sit there and talk trash about "rich republicans" when rich dems pushing this shit when they fly around in private jets. Leo decaprio flew halfway around the world to accept an environment award and he let out more co2 from that SOLE trip than my family will do in six months.
This stupid partisanship you all are stuck on is regressive. You people need to grow the fuck up.
And I guess you have a point with the asthma. The dem city of Chicago STILL hasn't met basic air quality standards :badgrin:
They don't really care. And until you care enough to look for reality, you are just as bad as the duopoly.
Take a look in the mirror, TN. The conservative argument here (if you can really call an argument based on bullshit an "argument"), wants to roll back the clock and make things the way they used to be. Despite that the world is changing and the world is moving on. We need to find out how to roll with the change, not allow our power plants and factories pollute more, just like the good old days. Thank God Presidents only get a four year term. If he lasts that long.
I ask for proof and use logic and REALITY and you call me a partisan? I am sitting here calling for regulations on shit that we can ACTUALLY CHANGE like waterway and ocean pollution and you call ME a partisan?
FIVE PERCENT. Our co2 imprint is miniscule and until I can see FACT, all this will ever be is partisan bullshit. ESPECIALLY when you call people science deniers for not being in your collective while you cant offer a SHRED of ACTUAL evidence.
Al Gore will tell you all this shit and you suck it up. Then, the son of a bitch boards his private jumbo jet, lands and gets in an SUV that get 12 miles a gallon and goes to an environmental rally and tells us we need to cut back on emissions and the air conditioner. Then, all the people that attended the event leaves 2 tons of fucking trash behind :rofl:
When you bring in stuff about Obama and about some liberal with a private jet, yes, you are being partisan. You are also denying the science. All so rich guys can get richer. That's all it's about TN, and you're getting played along with millions of other conservatives in this country. It's a shame.
I brought him up because YOU brought up partisan bullshit. Geez louise. Pay attention, perhaps?
All so rich guys can get richer
Hey genius, how rich has al gore gotten because of this? Who do you think will control all this? THE RICH You know, the ones that fly around in their private jumbo jets telling peons to stop using air conditioners and driving cars? RICH people push the other side too. AGAIN, stop with your partisan bullshit.
NEITHER SIDE gives a fuck about you, me or the environment. If they did, (much like everything fucked up in this country and the world) they would battle things THAT MATTER.
Get off the internet. You are causing coal to burn.

Accept responsibility...

There is a Constitutionally mandated process for entering into TREATIES - Obama made it a habit of violating the Constitution to enter the United States into treaties based on his own ideologies and desires. He did not act 'responsibly' or Constitutionally.
It was an agreement not a treaty. My God. Quit such a flaming asshole.

You liar the bitch tried to go round Congress to spend money...

Trump beat your ass..

Accept responsibility...

Read the article I posted in your related new thread. It is not a treaty, specifically because of that. It is an agreement. It was kosher and it is lawful.
Their is a process to determine if its a trearty and he didn't do that. Also, ANY TIME money comes out, congress must authorize it. There is NO way around it, legally.

It was an agreement not a treaty. My God. Quit such a flaming asshole.

NO, snowflake - it was NOT. The United States was the only one to enter the Accord through Executive Order. Please read the thread that addresses this to educate yourself.

The Paris Accords, like the Iran Treaty, was just that - a TREATY. If it was an agreement, as you falsely claim, it was an agreement between OBAMA and the Intl. Community. Obama is gone. No such agreement exists now because Obama is gone.

Accept responsibility...

No Obama thought he could get around Congress by spending money ..Trump pissed on Obama..

The Earth balances its CO2 emitting & absorbing. All we had to do was increase the CO2 ppm enough to exceed the absorbtion rate.

We can stack a certain amount of weight on a 40 ton capacity bridge without it failing. Everyday we add a thousand pounds. One day that 1,000 pounds will cause that bridge to collapse. That 1,000 pounds is maybe 2% of that total weight yet it was that addition weight thaty did in that bridge.

You whiny fucks need to get some logic instead of searching for excuses for your stupidity.
According to models, you are correct.
Also, nature always in balance is an assumption. Which, OBVIOUSLY, isn't correct. Seeing as we have hits thousands of c02 ppm before. Which, BTW, we had glaciers at that time :thup:

There are many factors to the climate The time period you are talking about happened millions of years ago before dinosaurs. Other factors affected the climate.

Do high levels of CO2 in the past contradict the warming effect of CO2?

When you bring in stuff about Obama and about some liberal with a private jet, yes, you are being partisan. You are also denying the science. All so rich guys can get richer. That's all it's about TN, and you're getting played along with millions of other conservatives in this country. It's a shame.
The fact remains polar bears are not drowning, only fools believe so
I never said they were.
Your spokesman manbearpig send so...
Who is manbearpig?

Also, nature always in balance is an assumption. Which, OBVIOUSLY, isn't correct. Seeing as we have hits thousands of c02 ppm before. Which, BTW, we had glaciers at that time :thup:

There are many factors to the climate The time period you are talking about happened millions of years ago before dinosaurs. Other factors affected the climate.

Jim Hansen's skeptical science blog?

GTFO

Once again we need C02..

I never said they were.
Who is manbearpig?

We thought you were an old lady?

That's great news. Trump is making all the right decisions in order to make America great again.
Go fuck yourself if you think ruining our gorgeous pristine wilderness is " great."
Your anti American.
Collateral damage is acceptable when it comes to drilling. We need the jobs.

But Trump, who has promised to flex America's energy muscles, wants to change that. The White House's
budget proposal put out this week calls for raising nearly $2 billion in revenue over the next decade by selling oil and gas leases in an oil-rich section of ANWR.

Excellent idea!
Lets sell the Grand Canyon & Yellowstone. Because certainly, there is no oil & gas anywhere except in pristine areas & our national parks & forests.

How did we increase oil production under Obama without drilling in these areas?

Lets sell the Grand Canyon & Yellowstone.

Nah.
But drill the fuck out of ANWR.

How did we increase oil production under Obama

We did it with him bitching and moaning about it the entire time.

Accept responsibility...

not sure how it can be lawful if it never went through congress.

also - isn't this an executive order more or less? why was 1 man allowed to dictate this for an entire country?

Still, only words. A non-binding agreement. Just talk is all it is. No accountability, no enforcement, no way to verify.

Then all the better that we step out of it! Still the same bad idea no matter, just another attempt to globalize socialize one-worldize our country.

Yep! First, we are not the #2 polluter, don't know where you got that crap, and if all the other countries still want to do it, NOTHING STOPPING THEM! JUST QUIT TRYING TO STICK ME WITH THE BILL! The US Taxpayer is SICK AND TIRED of carry the world on our shoulders. The Accord won't make a damn bit of an effect, it would cost us hugely, and besides, Trump made it clear he would be all open to it if it can be worked out different that we aren't screwed in the ass. DAMN PROUD TO HAVE A PRESIDENT stand up for me like that and take it in the chin because it was the right thing to do for the USA.
First, we are not the #2 polluter, don't know where you got that crap,
I don't know where you've been that you DIDN'T know we were the #2 polluter. I've heard some places say we're #1, but I'll go with the EPA and what is said in my local paper this morning.

2014_emissions_0.png

Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions Data | US EPA

Yes but is that adjusted for population???
It's one planet, one atmosphere. Explain why the populations matter as to the amount of greenhouse gasses entering the atmosphere.

The data is skewed against the USA due to its size and number of people! Of course we appear a bigger polluter than we are, if we didn't have such good technology, we would pollute much more. And India while contributing 7% is a much bigger polluter considering the small size of the country and population.

View attachment 130663

China produces nearly a THIRD of the world CO2 emission yet is GROWING and not affected by the ACCORD.
India, despite its small size producers almost as much as all the countries of the EU combined.
Yes, we produce 14%, considering our population and size, pretty damned good compared to the tiny EU (look at a map).
Tiny Japan producers almost as much as all of Russia!
If you want to say 14% is still 14%, fine, but to cut our CO2 by 20% would be DEVASTATING to our economy, MASSIVELY EXPENSIVE. Now is not the time with our economy already weak and when the benefits of doing so are HIGHLY debatable. Even the PA predicts only a minuscule improvement over a century!
Not a good deal to CRIPPLE ourselves while China and India run away Scott free producing nearly 40% of the total global amount and INCREASING.

Let's take a look at air quality in BEIJING CHINA:

View attachment 130664

Now let us take a look at New Delhi India:

View attachment 130665

Now, let us take a look at an American City like Chicago, one of our largest:

View attachment 130667

Any questions? Pure numbers and statistical data can be deceiving.
Pure numbers and statistical data can be deceiving.
I realize that, and you took pure numbers and twisted them into a whine that China and India pollute more than we do. (Which India does not, btw) So why should there be an agreement that encourages them to pollute less, you ask? Shit, I CAN NOT understand where your logic comes from.

No way! Practically perfect in every way just said "shit". That should not excite me as much as it does.

oh, so NOW there are many factors :lol:
That article also points out that its very possible other factors far outweigh c02 now. Thanks for that! Also for making me remember we are in an interglacial interval.
Sadly, just like things I sometimes use for my points, its all based on models for shit we don't understand..

I brought him up because YOU brought up partisan bullshit. Geez louise. Pay attention, perhaps?
All so rich guys can get richer
Hey genius, how rich has al gore gotten because of this? Who do you think will control all this? THE RICH You know, the ones that fly around in their private jumbo jets telling peons to stop using air conditioners and driving cars? RICH people push the other side too. AGAIN, stop with your partisan bullshit.
NEITHER SIDE gives a fuck about you, me or the environment. If they did, (much like everything fucked up in this country and the world) they would battle things THAT MATTER.
Get off the internet. You are causing coal to burn.
I'm not getting off until you do. You are causing half the country to deny facts.
Call me partisan if you want. I've been called worse. It's about as accurate as the other bullshit you're spewing in this thread.
I know there are lots of rich guys in both camps and that none of them give a shit about me or you. That's truth. However, the decisions they make can have an overall positive or negative effect, irregardless. I remember shit you don't, kings of industry screaming bloody murder about dumping chemical waste products into the water and the air and insisting, INSISTING mind you, that they were harmless. Those same types are now insisting INSISTING mind you that climate change is completely natural and cannot be controlled and continuing to regulate C02 is too expensive and will have dire effects on our pocketbooks. Same shit, different day, TN.

First, we are not the #2 polluter, don't know where you got that crap,
I don't know where you've been that you DIDN'T know we were the #2 polluter. I've heard some places say we're #1, but I'll go with the EPA and what is said in my local paper this morning.

2014_emissions_0.png

Global Greenhouse Gas Emissions Data | US EPA

Yes but is that adjusted for population???
It's one planet, one atmosphere. Explain why the populations matter as to the amount of greenhouse gasses entering the atmosphere.

The data is skewed against the USA due to its size and number of people! Of course we appear a bigger polluter than we are, if we didn't have such good technology, we would pollute much more. And India while contributing 7% is a much bigger polluter considering the small size of the country and population.

View attachment 130663

China produces nearly a THIRD of the world CO2 emission yet is GROWING and not affected by the ACCORD.
India, despite its small size producers almost as much as all the countries of the EU combined.
Yes, we produce 14%, considering our population and size, pretty damned good compared to the tiny EU (look at a map).
Tiny Japan producers almost as much as all of Russia!
If you want to say 14% is still 14%, fine, but to cut our CO2 by 20% would be DEVASTATING to our economy, MASSIVELY EXPENSIVE. Now is not the time with our economy already weak and when the benefits of doing so are HIGHLY debatable. Even the PA predicts only a minuscule improvement over a century!
Not a good deal to CRIPPLE ourselves while China and India run away Scott free producing nearly 40% of the total global amount and INCREASING.

Let's take a look at air quality in BEIJING CHINA:

View attachment 130664

Now let us take a look at New Delhi India:

View attachment 130665

Now, let us take a look at an American City like Chicago, one of our largest:

View attachment 130667

Any questions? Pure numbers and statistical data can be deceiving.
Pure numbers and statistical data can be deceiving.
I realize that, and you took pure numbers and twisted them into a whine that China and India pollute more than we do. (Which India does not, btw) So why should there be an agreement that encourages them to pollute less, you ask? Shit, I CAN NOT understand where your logic comes from.

No way! Practically perfect in every way just said "shit". That should not excite me as much as it does.
You don't read me much, do you? LOL

I never said they were.
Who is manbearpig?

We thought you were an old lady?
He's old? Is that a clue?

Forum List

Back