Trump Pushes Payroll Tax Cut Because He's Awesome President

I disagree. The lack of confidence started with the mismanaged tariffs, cutting funding to the CDC, and placing his reelection needs before the good of the nation.

Right...lack of confidence. Got it!

More MAGA Winning: Gallup Poll Has NEVER Recorded This Level Of Economic Optimism
Written by K. Walker on February 6, 2020

[...]

Americans feel better about their personal financial situation than they did under Obama, Clinton, or even Reagan. This year-to-year number has been rising since 2018 and has hit a 44-year record high according to Gallup’s “Mood of the Nation” economic survey. Gallup reports that 59% of Americans — nearly six in 10 — say that they are better off financially than they were a year ago, which is up from 50% last year.

[...]

There has also been a sharp decline in the percentage of people who say that they are financially worse off than a year ago. Only 20% of Americans are stating that as their financial reality, and that is a record low.

[...]

More MAGA Winning: Gallup Poll Has NEVER Recorded This Level Of Economic Optimism

###

ECONOMY
Job growth smashes expectations for February as unemployment falls back to 3.5%
PUBLISHED FRI, MAR 6 20208:30 AM EST UPDATED 5 HOURS AGO

KEY POINTS

· Nonfarm payrolls rose by 273,000 in February vs. a 175,000 estimate, while the unemployment rate edged lower to 3.5%.

· Job gains were widespread, with health care adding 57,000 to lead the way.

· December and January’s estimates were revised upward by a total of 243,000.

FAKE NEWS!!!

I provided FACTS, RELIABLE SOURCES AND WORKING LINKS.

You provided...

soccer-S.jpg

Cut spending. Duh!

But you know full well they won't, so simply pointing out the obvious doesn't really help, does it.

tRump cut the CDC budget. That worked out well!
explain this then

Democrats' Misleading Coronavirus Claims

tRump wanted to cut the CDC budget and congress stopped him. Good for congress!
Actually, Trump's budget calls for cuts to CDC, but Congress has not passed the budget yet.

Trump budget chief holds firm on CDC cuts amid virus outbreak

Trump first cut funding to the CDC in 2018.

Trump administration budget cuts could become a major problem as coronavirus spreads

Trump spent the past 2 years slashing the government agencies responsible for handling the coronavirus outbreak

Both are centre right, business oriented publications.

Again, when Obama took office we were at near depression levels in the economy. He inherited that situation from Bush, so why blame Obama?
Furthermore, once the economy began to recover deficits went down under Obama. A recovery hindered by the Repubs preventing Obama from exactly the kind of stimulative deficit spending they approved under President Flim Flam. I'm betting the 2020 deficit will be the largest in our history thanks to the tax cut giveaway to the rich and the onset of the virus.

Do CNN and MSNBC keep you this misinformed or do you work at it yourself?

Deficit%202000%20to%202020-X2.jpg

I disagree. The lack of confidence started with the mismanaged tariffs, cutting funding to the CDC, and placing his reelection needs before the good of the nation.

Right...lack of confidence. Got it!

[...]

Americans feel better about their personal financial situation than they did under Obama, Clinton, or even Reagan. This year-to-year number has been rising since 2018 and has hit a 44-year record high according to Gallup’s “Mood of the Nation” economic survey. Gallup reports that 59% of Americans — nearly six in 10 — say that they are better off financially than they were a year ago, which is up from 50% last year.

[...]

There has also been a sharp decline in the percentage of people who say that they are financially worse off than a year ago. Only 20% of Americans are stating that as their financial reality, and that is a record low.

[...]

###

ECONOMY

KEY POINTS

· Nonfarm payrolls rose by 273,000 in February vs. a 175,000 estimate, while the unemployment rate edged lower to 3.5%.

FAKE NEWS!!!

I provided FACTS, RELIABLE SOURCES AND WORKING LINKS.

You provided...

soccer-S.jpg
Stick a fork in it, you're done.

Why Intent, Not Gross Negligence, is the Standard in Clinton Case

Do you always provide evidence of the incorrectness of your position? All I can say is thanks. Notice the increase in the deficit from 2008 to 2009? What do you suppose that is attributable to? Or have you conveniently forgotten the economy was losing 600K jobs a month, the credit markets had frozen, the real estate collapse was in full swing, the auto companies were still teetering, and the country was on the verge of a depression when Obama took office? In your simple mind do you think he was responsible for those conditions the moment he was sworn in?

But you know full well they won't, so simply pointing out the obvious doesn't really help, does it.

tRump cut the CDC budget. That worked out well!
explain this then

Democrats' Misleading Coronavirus Claims

tRump wanted to cut the CDC budget and congress stopped him. Good for congress!
Actually, Trump's budget calls for cuts to CDC, but Congress has not passed the budget yet.

Trump budget chief holds firm on CDC cuts amid virus outbreak

Trump first cut funding to the CDC in 2018.

Trump administration budget cuts could become a major problem as coronavirus spreads

Trump spent the past 2 years slashing the government agencies responsible for handling the coronavirus outbreak

Both are centre right, business oriented publications.
How many Americans died during the Obama administration because of the H1N1 virus?

When Obama did it, the GOP opposed him.

Obama blasts GOP after House Republicans defeat two-month payroll tax cut

How DO you stand the stench of your own hypocrisy, parrot?

It's Okay When Trump Does It!™

Once again you are eager to mislead and obfuscate.

The two-month payroll tax cut in 2011 was a two-month EXTENSION of the existing one-year tax cut that was about to expire. Payroll processing companies also said that the two-month extension was unworkable and that it did not conform with the quarterly system used by most companies to pay payroll taxes to the government. The same two-month extension would have severely cut fees paid to doctors of Medicare patients.

The above is from your source and link.
They can't stop lying. It's in their DNA.

Do you always provide evidence of the incorrectness of your position? All I can say is thanks. Notice the increase in the deficit from 2008 to 2009? What do you suppose that is attributable to? Or have you conveniently forgotten the economy was losing 600K jobs a month, the credit markets had frozen, the real estate collapse was in full swing, the auto companies were still teetering, and the country was on the verge of a depression when Obama took office? In your simple mind do you think he was responsible for those conditions the moment he was sworn in?

the country was on the verge of a depression when Obama took office?

Why did the recession end in June 2009?

Leave it to liberal media to complain about a tax cut for working class folks. This is how Trump won over Rust Belt Democrats. Fucking Democrats out of touch with reality.
Trump pushes payroll tax cut and assistance for hourly workers in coronavirus economic response - CNNPolitics

And then YOU get to pay for the added deficit.

No Dems can cut spending to pay for it, simple.

Police, fire, infrastructure spending?

Okay idiot how much is spent on police and fire...now how much is sent total. There go lick your wounds. :itsok:

Payroll taxes are taxes withheld directly from employers and paid directly to the IRS. This means that Americans on a payroll, which are non-business owners, the people who make up the vast majority of the middle class, are going to have more money left in their paychecks. If you need any more of an explanation of why this is good for the American worker then you’re literally just stealing oxygen from the rest of us.

My Oxygen intake is just fine. I take what I need and no more.

I can change the payroll tax withheld by filing a form with my employer. #of exemptions.
I currently have an additional amount of $650 per month taken out beyond the current level.
Why?
I have a part time job and they consider me only making $30k per year, so the FIT withheld is low.
But I know that I must add this to my other income and my wife's income.

I do this because I don't want to pay on April 15th.
This payroll tax WILL IN FACT make a paycheck higher, but come April 15th, the tax burden is still the same.

How hard is it for you RWI's to understand this.

Again, when Obama took office we were at near depression levels in the economy. He inherited that situation from Bush, so why blame Obama?
Furthermore, once the economy began to recover deficits went down under Obama. A recovery hindered by the Repubs preventing Obama from exactly the kind of stimulative deficit spending they approved under President Flim Flam. I'm betting the 2020 deficit will be the largest in our history thanks to the tax cut giveaway to the rich and the onset of the virus.

Deficit%202000%20to%202020-X2.jpg

wow, look at how low the deficit had gotten till the Repubs took over again.

Yeah, right. Have you ever watched any news on anything but CNN and MSNBC?

[...]

[...]

[...]

###

ECONOMY

KEY POINTS

Payroll taxes are taxes withheld directly from employers and paid directly to the IRS. This means that Americans on a payroll, which are non-business owners, the people who make up the vast majority of the middle class, are going to have more money left in their paychecks. If you need any more of an explanation of why this is good for the American worker then you’re literally just stealing oxygen from the rest of us.

I can change the payroll tax withheld by filing a form with my employer. #of exemptions.
I currently have an additional amount of $650 per month taken out beyond the current level.
Why?
I have a part time job and they consider me only making $30k per year, so the FIT withheld is low.

This payroll tax WILL IN FACT make a paycheck higher, but come April 15th, the tax burden is still the same.

Really? I don't believe you.

Why would income taxes be in a discussion about payroll taxes?

Are you confusing them?

Irony is ironic.

As you know, all four years of failed former President Barack Hussein Obama's had deficits above $1 TRILLION. What part of that is confusing to you?

Why?

Really? I don't believe you.

Why would income taxes be in a discussion about payroll taxes?

Are you confusing them?

Irony is ironic.
You might end up owing money at the end of the year.

Meanwhile, the kenyan lawn jockey would be telling us how he "just heard about this coronavirus thing on the news, like you".... useless fuck... and him and Big Mike would be back to chewing on each other's dicks....
images (13).jpeg

Forum List

Back