Trump Pushes Payroll Tax Cut Because He's Awesome President

Payroll taxes are taxes withheld directly from employers and paid directly to the IRS. This means that Americans on a payroll, which are non-business owners, the people who make up the vast majority of the middle class, are going to have more money left in their paychecks. If you need any more of an explanation of why this is good for the American worker then you’re literally just stealing oxygen from the rest of us.

My Oxygen intake is just fine. I take what I need and no more.

I can change the payroll tax withheld by filing a form with my employer. #of exemptions.
I currently have an additional amount of $650 per month taken out beyond the current level.
Why?
I have a part time job and they consider me only making $30k per year, so the FIT withheld is low.
But I know that I must add this to my other income and my wife's income.

I do this because I don't want to pay on April 15th.
This payroll tax WILL IN FACT make a paycheck higher, but come April 15th, the tax burden is still the same.

How hard is it for you RWI's to understand this.

I can change the payroll tax withheld by filing a form with my employer. #of exemptions.

Really? I don't believe you.

This payroll tax WILL IN FACT make a paycheck higher, but come April 15th, the tax burden is still the same.

Why would income taxes be in a discussion about payroll taxes?

Are you confusing them?

How hard is it for you RWI's to understand this.

Irony is ironic.
You might end up owing money at the end of the year.

Why would this cut leave me owing more?

White House won’t explain how it would pay for Trump’s proposed payroll tax holiday
White House won't explain how it would pay for Trump's proposed payroll tax holiday

Larry Kudlow, President Donald Trump’s top economic advisor, offered few details Tuesday when reporters pressed him for specifics about the administration’s plan to offer economic relief from the impact of the new coronavirus through a “temporary payroll tax holiday.”

Kudlow’s comments at a White House briefing on the virus came hours after Trump pitched implementing a 0% payroll tax rate during a closed-door meeting with Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill.

That proposed tax change would last through the rest of the year, and would apply to both employers and employees, a White House official told CNBC. Kudlow confirmed those details at the briefing Tuesday evening.

The president “unveiled his proposals, strong proposals, for a temporary payroll tax cut holiday, which I think he would prefer to last through the end of the year,” Kudlow said.

There was also discussion of making the payroll tax rollback permanent, an official, who declined to be named, told CNBC earlier Tuesday. Payroll taxes are used to fund Medicare and Social Security.

As you know, all four years of failed former President Barack Hussein Obama's had deficits above $1 TRILLION. What part of that is confusing to you?
Ever hear the phrase correlation without causation? Look it up. Perhaps some day you'll put down your comic books and read about the depth of the economic decline, not just in the US but internationally, Obama was faced with when he took office. I think you know it's asinine to blame Obama for the massive decline in tax receipts that came as a result of the recession as well the amount of stimulus/safety net spending necessary to keep the country from sliding in to a depression.
You are aware that with trend GDP growth of around 2% Trump is still managing to rival Obama's deficits due to the kind of stimulative tax cut Repubs would never have approved for a Dem prez, right?

Donald Trump: Trump plans to add $4.832 trillion to the debt in his first term.8 That's a 24% increase from the $20.245 trillion debt at the end of Obama's last budget for FY 2017. If he remains in office for a second term, he plans to add $8.3 trillion for both terms. Trump had promised to eliminate the debt during his campaign.

Which President Increased U.S. Debt the Most?

Last edited:
Leave it to liberal media to complain about a tax cut for working class folks. This is how Trump won over Rust Belt Democrats. Fucking Democrats out of touch with reality.
Trump pushes payroll tax cut and assistance for hourly workers in coronavirus economic response - CNNPolitics
How would this help working class folks? An extra $10 every couple of weeks? Meanwhile it will put billions into the pockets of his corporate buddies.

When failed former President Barack Hussein Obama cut payroll taxes for a year, how much went into each worker's take-home pay?

You unequivocally state that the withholding tax cut would provide workers with an extra $10.00 every couple of weeks. You seem to have forgotten to include your reliable source and working link supporting your statement.

What are payroll taxes? I don't think you have a clue.

How will a payroll tax cut, "put billions into the pockets of his [President Trump] corporate buddies"?

As you know, all four years of failed former President Barack Hussein Obama's had deficits above $1 TRILLION. What part of that is confusing to you?
Ever hear the phrase correlation without causation? Look it up. Perhaps some day you'll put down your comic books and read about the depth of the economic decline, not just in the US but internationally, Obama was faced with when he took office. I think you know it's asinine to blame Obama for the massive decline in tax receipts that came as a result of the recession as well the amount of stimulus/safety net spending necessary to keep the country from sliding in to a depression.
You are aware that with trend GDP growth of around 2% Trump is still managing to rival Obama's deficits due to the kind of stimulative tax cut Repubs would never have approved for a Dem prez, right?

Donald Trump: Trump plans to add $4.832 trillion to the debt in his first term.8 That's a 24% increase from the $20.245 trillion debt at the end of Obama's last budget for FY 2017. If he remains in office for a second term, he plans to add $8.3 trillion for both terms. Trump had promised to eliminate the debt during his campaign.

Which President Increased U.S. Debt the Most?

You missed the first year President Donald Trump, beginning January 2017.

i-vbB5vBD-X2.jpg

A payroll tax cut won't do jack shit for you if you're laid off your job or can't go to work because of the virus.

BUT, a payroll tax will keep people from getting laid off. The bottom line is whether Nancy is going to be part of the problem or part of the solution?

No it won’t. Lack of business in the service industry will get them laid off. What these people need is money to replace the wages they will lose if they stay home because they're sick. American workers have no mandated sick leave, so the lowest paid service workers either go to work or lose their wages. A payroll tax cut won't help them.

Leave it to liberal media to complain about a tax cut for working class folks. This is how Trump won over Rust Belt Democrats. Fucking Democrats out of touch with reality.
Trump pushes payroll tax cut and assistance for hourly workers in coronavirus economic response - CNNPolitics

And then YOU get to pay for the added deficit.

And then YOU get to pay for the added deficit.

It's outrageous!!!

Only Obama is allowed to do that!!!

Nope, both parties are allowed to do that, by the time it is over Trump will have added far more than Obama did.

Republicans never take responsibility for deficits or the increase in the Nat'l Debt! When they're in charge budgets are just simple bookkeeping periods, but for Clinton & Obama, gov't had to be shut down! Trump's the first rightwing idiot who purposefully shut down the Fed with the prodding of Laura Ingraham or Ann Coulter! They're interchangeable really! Trump was within hours of signing a new budget, but FNC called him "a wuz" and he reneged on his promise! People have no idea "it's a HOUSE of CARDs" that are ready to blow over anytime now! Blaming Obama won't cut it since Trump bragged about pushing productivity above previous levels! It's all a card game with Trump, but we're all going to lose in the end! :aargh::2cents::ack-1: :19:

A payroll tax cut won't do jack shit for you if you're laid off your job or can't go to work because of the virus.

BUT, a payroll tax will keep people from getting laid off. The bottom line is whether Nancy is going to be part of the problem or part of the solution?

No it won’t. Lack of business in the service industry will get them laid off. What these people need is money to replace the wages they will lose if they stay home because they're sick. American workers have no mandated sick leave, so the lowest paid service workers either go to work or lose their wages. A payroll tax cut won't help them.

Watch the actual news instead of CNN and MSNBC. Your concerns are all being considered.

Watch the actual news instead of CNN and MSNBC. Your concerns are all being considered.

The ACTUAL news? lol
The circle jerk is more factual than any post you have made.

The Dem party, that wants to spend 40 Trillion on medicare for all and about the same for the Green New Deal is worried about an 8 month payroll tax holiday busting the budget?

trump is the WORST POTUS ever.
total loser.
Draining the Swamp, but not really.
Relatives don't count.
How many have resigned? A swamp load...…..lol.

Forum List

Back