trump Rolls Back Rules on Light Bulbs

Lol
Here in the northern plains, We don’t have to worry about any type of power shortage because we have unlimited fossil fuels. But back to the point why don’t you shut the fuck up on lightbulb usage you are No authority moral or otherwise on the subject...

Concern yourself with Canada… And shut the fuck up
What the hell is wrong with you? GOP troll you always end up being just the troll. Your pride in your ignorance and provincial attitude is troubling LOL
Global warming exists and is a world problem. Luckily you are in no position and soon the GOP will be in no position to obstruct intelligence and Truth....
Global warming is a hoax. But if you believe it we should immediately declare war on polluters China and India.
There is no evidence it is a hoax. Just watch the news and you can see it. Not the propaganda machine who frowns on anything factual, super duper. You are owned by Big oil and greedy idiot billionaires.
All the evidence points to hoax.
You are out of your mind. There is no evidence that it's a hoax LOL. Read something. Only scientists owned by big oil or Fox agree with you LOL in the entire world. Your propaganda machine is a total disgrace. The fox NRA GOP is the only party in the world that believes any of this s***....

Government has no business telling you what kind of light bulb to use, dumbass fascists.

Poor Mikey. Thinks Trump can change a law that passed both houses & signed by Bush.

I thoughtt you Trumpettes liked the Constitution. Right Mikey?

The bush boy does the right thing and enacts a law to phase in energy efficient light bulbs.

The republicans have fits about it in the Obama years.

Now trump is rolling back those bush boy energy rules for light bulbs.

He can do that but the efficient ones have been out since the bush boy years. Most people now use them. Very few are going to go back to the more expensive incandescent ones.

Good luck finding those incandescent ones easily. I don't see them at the stores much anymore.

Why does trump want Americans and business to waste money and harm the environment more?

Trump administration rolls back rules requiring more energy-efficient bulbs
relax, it's not mandatory to use incandescent light bulbs, it just gives people another option
Trump is confused. He thught these would make him brighter.

I read about this and had to laugh at the sheer stupidity of it. By now, most households have upgraded to LED bulbs because they are superior in pretty much every single way. Incandescents aren't staging a comeback. CFLs are even on their way to extinction. So, who the fuck is this 'roll back' going to benefit? Old people? People who hate saving money on their electric bills? Dumb.

Cult45 Administration = dumb as dirt.

It seems to me his goal is to force Americans to waste a lot of money and do more harm to the environment.

He will fail big time.

Or succeed, who really gives a fuck at this point? He's a former real estate developer. He never cared about the environment. He just phones it in these days because the Orange Virus don't like his job no more because the big meanies are mean. :crybaby:
Begging for government control suits you.
Being against these is like being against vaccinations. For dumbass dupes only....
Dumbass of the day post^^^
You people are so brainwashed you can't buy electric cars or LED bulbs.....

Lol
Here in the northern plains, We don’t have to worry about any type of power shortage because we have unlimited fossil fuels. But back to the point why don’t you shut the fuck up on lightbulb usage you are No authority moral or otherwise on the subject...

Concern yourself with Canada… And shut the fuck up
What the hell is wrong with you? GOP troll you always end up being just the troll. Your pride in your ignorance and provincial attitude is troubling LOL
Global warming exists and is a world problem. Luckily you are in no position and soon the GOP will be in no position to obstruct intelligence and Truth....
Global warming is a hoax. But if you believe it we should immediately declare war on polluters China and India.
There is no evidence it is a hoax. Just watch the news and you can see it. Not the propaganda machine who frowns on anything factual, super duper. You are owned by Big oil and greedy idiot billionaires.
Yeah falsifying data doesn't scream hoax. Lol
two idiot professors at some obscure College in East Anglia prove that the entire world of science is wrong? You're out of your minds. No one else in the world believes your b*******.

People should not be FORCED BY GOVERNMENT to not have choices!

When LED bulbs came down to reasonable price levels I bought them. However, that shouldn't be some bureaucrats choice, it should be mine.

Why are liberals OK with government running their lives and making all their decisions for them?

Here is one way. Incandescent bulbs run hot.

Wait a second... incandescent bulbs are superior because... they put off heat? That's your explanation? That's a particularly dumb one, but okay...

During the winter they help to keep the homes warmer.

Well, not really. As you obviously didn't pay attention in school science class, heat rises upward and cool air falls downward. Most people use light bulbs near their ceiling, but if you wanted to use them efficiently for heating you would need to install them near the floor. With your lights high up, the space near the ceiling would be nice and warm, but you are on the ground, cold but very well lit because the hot air cannot float down to the floor, thus any temperature fluctuation would be minimal to nil.

the market will settle this

Congress settled it by law in 2007. Tungsten-filament incandescent light bulbs can no longer be manufactured in the U.S., because they don’t meet federal energy-efficiency standards. It's outdated tech for a reason. The same reason you can't buy a brand new cathode-ray TV in your local electronics store. So, where we going to get them, genius? Import them from China?

I am for new technologies.

Really? The incandescent bulb was invented in 1879, you meathead.

I am not for paying ten dollars for a gallon of gas that I could be paying a dollar for.

You currently don't pay either price for a gallon of gas in the US, so that's yet another stupid, irrelevant point. Thanks for playing.

Last edited:
Being against these is like being against vaccinations. For dumbass dupes only....

Let's bring back carburetors and ditch catalytic converters while we're at it!

I have a car like that! It's dreamy.

Actually, I have a Jeep and an ATV that use carburetors. I can't register them without catalytic convertors, though.

Mine's 1970. No convertor.

Cool. I think '70 is a great year for a lot of American Iron.

Let's bring back carburetors and ditch catalytic converters while we're at it! Who needs seat belts and airbags, anyway?!? I swear this message board is mostly filled with old fucks who don't have the first clue about anything.
None of that shits anybody else’s business but the individual… Bedwetter

Yep. But I can still goof on idiots who prefer to live in the dark ages 'because no one is gonna tell me to do nuffin'! Pointless behavior is pointless behavior.
Lol
There are more important things than lightbulb selection… You need to mind your own fucking business. Dolt

Freedom of speech, just like you, bitch.

The LED bulbs are enormously expensive. One 800 lumen bulb is $40.00. If that's not bad enough the quality of the lighting is awful. LED gives off a harsh light that hurts. The rules not only need to be rolled back. The incandescent bulbs need to come back.
Lol
I personally will stick to incandescent… Resembles sunlight far better

So do torches. You might wanna think about reverting to them as well, dummy.

Let's bring back carburetors and ditch catalytic converters while we're at it! Who needs seat belts and airbags, anyway?!? I swear this message board is mostly filled with old fucks who don't have the first clue about anything.
It's not the age it's the brainwash.
Lol
Says someone who trusts the collective
Collective my ass. The collective has been the GOP for 35 years. Worst inequality upward Mobility and quality of life in the modern world. Thanks GOP
Progressivism is the collective... You’re blind

Let me ask these dumbass liberals this.

You think incandescent lightbulbs burn so much energy. How many would you have to burn to equal the electrical current necessary to charge a Tesla from 0 charge to 100% one time?

Let me ask these dumbass liberals this.

You think incandescent lightbulbs burn so much energy. How many would you have to burn to equal the electrical current necessary to charge a Tesla from 0 charge to 100% one time?

A 100 watt bulb converts 100% electricity to heat. A Tesla Model 3 charges up to a quarter of a megawatt (250,000 watts). Take 100, divide by 250,000 and you get 2,500 bulbs. There, I have answered your stupid, irrelevant winger question. I assume you will follow it up by a stupid, irrelevant winger point, yes?

The bush boy does the right thing and enacts a law to phase in energy efficient light bulbs.

The republicans have fits about it in the Obama years.

Now trump is rolling back those bush boy energy rules for light bulbs.

He can do that but the efficient ones have been out since the bush boy years. Most people now use them. Very few are going to go back to the more expensive incandescent ones.

Good luck finding those incandescent ones easily. I don't see them at the stores much anymore.

Why does trump want Americans and business to waste money and harm the environment more?

Trump administration rolls back rules requiring more energy-efficient bulbs
Some of those energy-efficient lightbulbs squeal at a pitch that costs older people a night's sleep, or squeals with 3 others in a 4-light ceiling fan.

If that isn't bad for your health, I don't know what is.

Government has no business telling you what kind of light bulb to use, dumbass fascists.

When they have to make sure the energy grid can support the population, they most certain do have a business telling people to cut energy use.

There used to be “rolling brown outs” in summer because energy use increases during air conditioning season. Low energy lightbulbs have eliminated those brown outs.

If the USA were to return to using high energy incandescent bulbs, you’d need dozens more electric plants to cover the increase in electricity use.
You have given up using air conditioning, then? Good for you!

Here is one way. Incandescent bulbs run hot.

Wait a second... incandescent bulbs are superior because... they put off heat? That's your explanation? That's a particularly dumb one, but okay...

During the winter they help to keep the homes warmer.

Well, not really. As you obviously didn't pay attention in school science class, heat rises upward and cool air falls downward. Most people use light bulbs near their ceiling, but if you wanted to use them efficiently for heating you would need to install them near the floor. With your lights high up, the space near the ceiling would be nice and warm, but you are on the ground, cold but very well lit because the hot air cannot float down to the floor, thus any temperature fluctuation would be minimal to nil.

the market will settle this

Congress settled it by law in 2007. Tungsten-filament incandescent light bulbs can no longer be manufactured in the U.S., because they don’t meet federal energy-efficiency standards. It's outdated tech for a reason. The same reason you can't buy a brand new cathode-ray TV in your local electronics store. So, where we going to get them, genius? Import them from China?

I am for new technologies.

Really? The incandescent bulb was invented in 1879, you meathead.

I am not for paying ten dollars for a gallon of gas that I could be paying a dollar for.

You currently don't pay either price for a gallon of gas in the US, so that's yet another stupid, irrelevant point. Thanks for playing.
In the last few days I have been abused by the surveillance system twice. Once walking on a property with a mechanical voice under video surveillance denoting I had to leave or the police were coming in an area well lit and open and at a store getting supplies this morning. A guard was actually just a couple feet from me while I was doing a self checkout. I stared him down and he profusely apologized. This store was using a person on aspeaker to use cameras in areas of suspicion also. All of your coments.....A Saul Alinsky production.....A Karl Marx initiative...A Leonid Brezhnev potential gulag final result.....A question was asked a benefit of the bulb....heat comes from it. During the winter it makes the temp a little warmer in the area lit. You asked for it.....you got it....Toyota!

Forum List

Back