trump Rolls Back Rules on Light Bulbs

We have some of the edison incandescent bulbs outside on he back porch since we like the way they look, but we don't have any incandescent bulbs inside our house since the LED bulbs are much more energy efficient and don't give off as much heat. I also personally like candles and will make them and use them often.

The bush boy does the right thing and enacts a law to phase in energy efficient light bulbs.

The republicans have fits about it in the Obama years.

Now trump is rolling back those bush boy energy rules for light bulbs.

He can do that but the efficient ones have been out since the bush boy years. Most people now use them. Very few are going to go back to the more expensive incandescent ones.

Good luck finding those incandescent ones easily. I don't see them at the stores much anymore.

Why does trump want Americans and business to waste money and harm the environment more?

Trump administration rolls back rules requiring more energy-efficient bulbs
Lefties are tasteless and have no eye. That’s why they’re OK with incandescent lighting obsolescence.
Morons and fascists. Tasteless fascists. Even hitler had an eye for art. Not democrats. They’re worse than hitler.

Idiots who are alright with outlawing light bulbs have to be opposed to tube amplifiers since they use way more electric than solid state. Never mind that the music you listen to is dominated by tube amp sound.
Hypocrites.
Ignorant hypocrites.

The bush boy does the right thing and enacts a law to phase in energy efficient light bulbs.

He can do that but the efficient ones have been out since the bush boy years. Most people now use them. Very few are going to go back to the more expensive incandescent ones.

Good luck finding those incandescent ones easily. I don't see them at the stores much anymore.

Why does trump want Americans and business to waste money and harm the environment more?

Only a Democrat could think a 15 year old is smart enough to choose whether or not to kill her child, but 20 years later she'll be too stupid to select her own light bulb

I stocked up on proper light bulbs when Obama started this crap.

These days LED lamps are superior for some applications and have come down in price so as to be a better value. But not for all applications. I chose about 90% wisely so only about 10% of my stock will sit unused. But they're all in their original packages and, in a few years, will be of incredible antique value. Like cast iron toys kept in the original boxes. My 10% currently not used will be worth much more than the savings I have made switching to LED where appropriate and economical.

Only a Democrat could think a 15 year old is smart enough to choose whether or not to kill her child, but 20 years later she'll be too stupid to select her own light bulb
A light bulb is not her body. She’s a woman, hear her roar!

Speaking of feminists and light bulbs...
How many feminists does it take to change a light bulb?
None. They just sit in the dark and bitch about it.

Everyone is into LED's now anyway, they're finally affordable, last for years and run on 11% of the power.

That wouldn't have happened if cheap pieces of shit couldn't still be bought for next to nothing as an option.

It blows my mind how libturds can live this long as fugitives of natural selection.

Well Hooray... I'm tired of buying expensive light bulbs that make my house look like an alien operating room..

You ever see how badly these turdish things work outside on a brown brick house and brown aggregate walk-ways??? You can NOT illuminate anything if that color is not in the source... And unlike incandescents, which have a flat full spectrum, LEDs have a spikey spectrum with lots of gaps in color...

Worse yet, you find an LED brand and type (say Philips warm white) and it's FINE in large indoor floods.. But if buy the same "warm white" in a tinier candelabra bulb it makes your kitchen or dining room look a midnight crime scene...

The whole "energy savings" is a farce.. In the upper midwest, they originally switched to LED traffic lights for "savings" and discovered that the whole lamp structure was icing over because they lost the heat source from the incandescents. Had to retrofit by SUPPLYING A SEPARATE heater...

Same thing applies in a home above the Mason Dixon line.. With 8 months of your home HVAC system set to heating, there was NO energy lost.. All of the heat generated by the old bulbs worked WITH the HVAC to pump BTUs into your home.... It's phoney accounting.. And the govt knows this.. The other 4 months, you're either on NO A/C or minimum AC... And the bulb heat is there predominantly at night which can cool even in the summer which is a PLUS to your home air system..

People should not be FORCED BY GOVERNMENT to not have choices!

When LED bulbs came down to reasonable price levels I bought them. However, that shouldn't be some bureaucrats choice, it should be mine.

Why are liberals OK with government running their lives and making all their decisions for them?

Primarily because they have been indoctrinated rather than educated and have no idea how to make a decision. They act only as directed from their on-high elite. But think they're free.

I used to think that sad.

But now?

Just funny.

So back to $1.99 a four pack and don’t have to treat it like nuke waste when it burns out.

Why shouldn't people who prefer Traditional incandescent bulbs have that choice?

If most folks want the something else, that's fine to.

But I believe, and President Trump , believes in the right to choose the light bulb that you prefer.

I thought libs were supposed to be Pro-Choice?

Why shouldn't people who prefer Traditional incandescent bulbs have that choice?

But I believe, and President Trump , believes in the right to choose the light bulb that you prefer.

So you can break your lightbulb anytime you want up until full illumination

Being against these is like being against vaccinations. For dumbass dupes only....

Let's bring back carburetors and ditch catalytic converters while we're at it! Who needs seat belts and airbags, anyway?!? I swear this message board is mostly filled with old fucks who don't have the first clue about anything.
It's not the age it's the brainwash.
Lol
Says someone who trusts the collective
Collective my ass. The collective has been the GOP for 35 years. Worst inequality upward Mobility and quality of life in the modern world. Thanks GOP
Progressivism is the collective... You’re blind
No it is progress. At the moment the middle class and the non rich in general need progress. Living wage Healthcare cheap college and training kid vacations good infrastructure and make the rich pay their fair share or something more like it cuz this is ridiculous. Only the brainwash makes it possible.

Rational Republicans started this law. Now you're against everything LOL except lower taxes on the rich. Brilliant.

Let's bring back carburetors and ditch catalytic converters while we're at it! Who needs seat belts and airbags, anyway?!? I swear this message board is mostly filled with old fucks who don't have the first clue about anything.
It's not the age it's the brainwash.
Lol
Says someone who trusts the collective
Collective my ass. The collective has been the GOP for 35 years. Worst inequality upward Mobility and quality of life in the modern world. Thanks GOP
Progressivism is the collective... You’re blind
No it is progress. At the moment the middle class and the non rich in general need progress. Living wage Healthcare cheap college and training kid vacations good infrastructure and make the rich pay their fair share or something more like it cuz this is ridiculous. Only the brainwash makes it possible.
Lol
Sounds like brainwashing to me, I want nothing of what you speak of just like millions of other Americans

Rational Republicans started this law. Now you're against everything LOL except lower taxes on the rich. Brilliant.
Lol
George Bush Jr wasted taxpayer money on foreign aid and programs like this along with the vehicle and bank bailouts… Your stupidity is obvious.

I use smart bulbs, you have a lot more control of the lights, the color, the brightness, the time of day and on and on.

Compact fluorescents aren’t reliable???? Where did you get that lie?

From all the fluorescent lights I have bought that died in a year or less time. Unless I leave all my lights on for hours at a time, they will suffer a drastically shorter life span.

My dad brags about the CFL he uses for his post lamp in his front yard. He leaves it on pretty much 24/7, which is fine for those lamps. But use them above the vanity mirror in the bathroom, or any other room where they get turned on/off after a few minutes use, and you will eat CFLs.

In the past 15 years, I’ve used nothing but CFB’s and during that time, I’ve replaced exactly 3 bulbs and only because they burned out after years of use. We had a two storey older brick home in Toronto and here I have a 2 bedroom apartment.
And I've gone thru twenty or more CFLs. So I guess you must be the liar, eh? :dunno:

Forum List

Back