Trump says he will hire only the best!

• Banned
Seriously though. How have no heads rolled for this? Either someone is getting a free pass or his wife is the guilty party.

I'm getting sooooooooooo tired of pointing out that if one uses a common phrase such as "your word is your bond" it's not plagiarism. Period full stop.

I'm getting sooooooooooo tired of pointing out that if one uses a common phrase such as "your word is your bond" it's not plagiarism. Period full stop.
I'm getting soooooo tired of Republicans who have no honor.

What are you talking about? Common phrases are just that. Common. And they are in use in every day language and writings and are not considered plagiarism. True plagiarism requires at least 5 words in sequence for plagiarism.

BUT the exceptions are common phrases. Heck, Michelle used "your word is your bond". That would be considered plagiarism from someone else then and that's the point of how stupid this issue has become.

Because common phrases are simply put, common.

What are you talking about? Common phrases are just that. Common. And they are in use in every day language and writings and are not considered plagiarism. True plagiarism requires at least 5 words in sequence for plagiarism.

BUT the exceptions are common phrases. Heck, Michelle used "your word is your bond". That would be considered plagiarism from someone else then and that's the point of how stupid this issue has become.

Not buying what your selling. I'm more interested in honor & integrity, but thanks.

Not buying what your selling. I'm more interested in honor & integrity, but thanks.
Go Trump!!!

This phrase used in both speeches is listed in the Cambridge dictionary and in others. Michelle Obama did NOT come up with this phrase herself. Therefore when some one else uses it, it is not plagiarism.

"See all translations

your word is your bond
old-fashioned or formal

If someone's word is their bond, they always keep a promise:

"But listen, you have to promise never to tell anyone." "My word is my bond."
(Definition of “your word is your bond” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)"

your word is your bond Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Last edited:

Forum List

Back