Beware the Marxist world of Kamalla Harris: "There’s a big difference between equality and equity."

Equity does give everyone a chance at that apple by making adjustments.

equality does not guarantee that you will get that apple and failure is always an option simply because of circumstances beyond your control. There are winners and losers.

So equity makes everyone a winner. levels the playing field.

So equity makes everyone a winner. levels the playing field.
That’s great, but what about one person who makes sacrifices, works very hard, struggles and gives up comfort to achieve great things, and then another person doesn’t put in any effort…should those two people be given the same thing ?

That’s great, but what about one person who makes sacrifices, works very hard, struggles and gives up comfort to achieve great things, and then another person doesn’t put in any effort…should those two people be given the same thing ?
Given what? And given the same thing by who?

How would possibly know what I know and what I don't know?

Ooohh, you just might as well developed a thick skin around IM2, and a couple of others around here, because they seem to think they know what everyone else is thinking, and any disagreement with them will be met with accusations of racism..you should just get prepared for that, because it’s coming..and no matter what you say, unless it’s complete capitulation with them, they call you racist….

Just a heads up…

I would bet some Africans sold out other Africans that way. The traitorous Africans selling out their brethren knew that siding with slave traders would keep THEM off the boat.
Things didn't exactly happen that way.

Before the white man came to Africa, tribal wars were mostly fought with swords, spears, bows and arrows. Although these weapons were lethal they were nowhere near as quick and fatal as the gun. The problem here was that, only the white strangers had guns and decided which tribal group to support in times of battle. Any tribal group the white strangers supported with their powerful cannons, guns and ammunitions, easily conquered their enemies. This also created another major problem. The white strangers did not support any tribal group for free. In fact, the white strangers started demanding taxes (which included pieces of gold and prisoners of war) and total submission after victory. Any tribal group or community which failed to submit to the Europeans and pay taxes were wiped out. Sometimes the leaders of those communities were executed publicly as a form of warning to neighboring communities. Most communities in Africa were turned into concentration camps with European authorities in place.

You would also have learned this:

“Africans started to fight the transatlantic slave trade as soon as it began. Their struggles were multifaceted and covered four continents over four centuries. Still, they have often been underestimated, overlooked, or forgotten. African resistance was reported in European sources only when it concerned attacks on slave ships and company barracoons, but acts of resistance also took place far from the coast and thus escaped the slavers’ attention."

“Some leaders actively worked against the transatlantic slave trade. One of the most famous was Abdel Kader Kane, the Muslim leader of the Futa Toro region in northern Senegal. Kane had succeeded in peopling his kingdom by retaking by force his people who had been kidnapped and by forbidding slave caravans from passing through his territory. After the French took three children from Futa, Kane sent a letter to the governor:

“We are warning you that all those who will come to our land to trade [in slaves] will be killed and massacred if you do not send our children back. Would not somebody who was very hungry abstain from eating if he had to eat something cooked with his blood? We absolutely do not want you to buy Muslims under any circumstances. I repeat that if your intention is to always buy Muslims you should stay home and not come to our country anymore. Because all those who will come can be assured that they will lose their life.”

Ooohh, you just might as well developed a thick skin around IM2, and a couple of others around here, because they seem to think they know what everyone else is thinking, and any disagreement with them will be met with accusations of racism..you should just get prepared for that, because it’s coming..and no matter what you say, unless it’s complete capitulation with them, they call you racist….

Just a heads up…
When your basis of disagreement has no merit and you do not disagree with whites spewing obvious racism, you will get called a racist. What takes a thick skin is tolerating the abject ignorance and racism posted here.

Things didn't exactly happen that way.

Before the white man came to Africa, tribal wars were mostly fought with swords, spears, bows and arrows. Although these weapons were lethal they were nowhere near as quick and fatal as the gun. The problem here was that, only the white strangers had guns and decided which tribal group to support in times of battle. Any tribal group the white strangers supported with their powerful cannons, guns and ammunitions, easily conquered their enemies. This also created another major problem. The white strangers did not support any tribal group for free. In fact, the white strangers started demanding taxes (which included pieces of gold and prisoners of war) and total submission after victory. Any tribal group or community which failed to submit to the Europeans and pay taxes were wiped out. Sometimes the leaders of those communities were executed publicly as a form of warning to neighboring communities. Most communities in Africa were turned into concentration camps with European authorities in place.

You would also have learned this:

“Africans started to fight the transatlantic slave trade as soon as it began. Their struggles were multifaceted and covered four continents over four centuries. Still, they have often been underestimated, overlooked, or forgotten. African resistance was reported in European sources only when it concerned attacks on slave ships and company barracoons, but acts of resistance also took place far from the coast and thus escaped the slavers’ attention."

“Some leaders actively worked against the transatlantic slave trade. One of the most famous was Abdel Kader Kane, the Muslim leader of the Futa Toro region in northern Senegal. Kane had succeeded in peopling his kingdom by retaking by force his people who had been kidnapped and by forbidding slave caravans from passing through his territory. After the French took three children from Futa, Kane sent a letter to the governor:

“We are warning you that all those who will come to our land to trade [in slaves] will be killed and massacred if you do not send our children back. Would not somebody who was very hungry abstain from eating if he had to eat something cooked with his blood? We absolutely do not want you to buy Muslims under any circumstances. I repeat that if your intention is to always buy Muslims you should stay home and not come to our country anymore. Because all those who will come can be assured that they will lose their life.”

No citations. No authorship. Not even a date on your "articles." If you had actually done the 40 years of research you claimed, then you would have some idea of an authoritative source.

And here we see the fragility kicking in.

Nothing racist here I am just unapologetic when it comes to discussing these matters with whites. It makes whites who are on t.heright or who tendto lean right uncomfortable.

So if weare goingto discussequity and equality then we discuss how whtes created and contune to maintain, a system that has provded them the most oportunities to create the best outcomes for whites. We also then needto cometo the realization that 188 years of ovett racism cannot be equaized in 60. Then we cannot deny the nmpact of continuing racism such as rhis:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid “affirmative action” hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity” demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”

I'm not being condescending, I'm older than you, and speak to you from experience. And when I say what I do about whites needing to not argue as they do about equity I say so based on thngs like this:

“Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees, black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanic white workers with the same, or often less, education.”

“Even when Blacks and Hispanics go the extra mile and earn professional degrees, their incomes still don’t break six figures. Whites and Asians, however, double their incomes by earning professional degrees, allowing them to make well over $100,000 a year.”

Black women have to work more than 19 months to make as much as white, non-Hispanic man does in 12 months. Now.

Black Entrepreneurship in the United States, UNLV Home news/release/study-black-entrepreneurship-united-states

Black Reparations for Twentieth Century Federal Housing Discrimination: The Construction of White Wealth and the Effects of Denied Black Homeownership​

This paper examines the U.S. government’s instigation, participation, authorization, and perpetuation of federal housing discrimination against black-Americans from the 1930s to the 1980s and the damage that such discrimination caused and continues to cause today. Delving into the U.S. government’s twentieth century federal housing practices, this paper discusses how the government effectively barred black-Americans from obtaining quality housing and from investing in housing as wealth, while simultaneously subsidizing and endorsing white homeownership, white suburbs, and white wealth. Quantifying the U.S. government’s discriminatory practices with current wealth gaps between white- and black-American communities, this paper discusses the effects of twentieth century federal housing discrimination and argues that such government-initiated wrongs justify black reparations.

Part I examines the U.S. government’s housing practices—from the New Deal until the 1968 Fair Housing Act and its 1988 Amendments—to reveal that although the New Deal’s national housing programs revolutionized homeownership and home equity in the United States, the U.S. government’s federal housing programs were racially discriminatory. Specifically, and quite shockingly, the U.S. government actively created and promulgated racist neighborhood rating systems that constructed black neighborhoods and black property as unstable, volatile, hazardous, and not worthy of investment. Using these racist rating systems, the federal government endorsed racial covenants and invested federal money into the creation and accumulation of white wealth, the value of whiteness, white suburbia, and white homeownership. Meanwhile, the government denied blacks federal housing funding, fueling black stigma and barring black-Americans from the invaluable twentieth century opportunities of homeownership and home equity.

Understanding the U.S. government’s discriminatory housing practices, Part II discusses and quantifies the effects of the government’s housing discrimination on black-American households and communities. Finding that approximately 120 billion 1950s dollars—or more than 1.239 quintillion 2019 dollars—were invested to subsidize and create white-American wealth through homeownership...

These are a few examples of how whites created inequality and inequity while giving themselves the opportunities and outcomes that were denied to people of color. So if you want to discuss this with me come to me with more than your opinon. Expect an adult conversation so if frankness and an unapologetic take on race bothers you, put me on ignore.
Yeah, just keeping trotting out your one example of someone who violated not only his company's policies but the law like it shows a widespread problem.

When your basis of disagreement has no merit and you do not disagree with whites spewing obvious racism, you will get called a racist. What takes a thick skin is tolerating the abject ignorance and racism posted here.

But that’s just it, you accept no disagreement that doesn’t align with the things you read in your books and news sites. You spend a lot of time researching in an echo chamber, and get caught up in the hate of it all, and then come here and when people push back on you, the first thing you turn to is “well it’s because you’re a racist..”

Come on now…really? Considering people like IM2 who calls…..everyone racist..you are going to call her out for that?
Let me be clearer for you morons. Shit talking after you put up a bad argument is like shit talking after you throw up a brick. I don't care if you want to talk shit but be able to back it up with more than "you talk ghetto". Because the follow up question is what is ghetto darling and then the empty headed bitch got nothing.

A have probably lived 3 times the number of years you have at this point. I have graduated from college. I have a graduate degree. I have worked in the real world outside of the classroom. I have been invited to speak to college students like you . So understand that people do exist that know more than you do right now. I have been your age, you have not been mine.
You may be old, but you know very little.

That's not the way it's used today. Try sitting in one of my classes.
is this how you think it is used today (examples from milken institute) i had to reformat ....

The Difference Between Equity and Equality​

“The route to achieving equity will not be accomplished through treating everyone equally. It will be achieved by treating everyone justly according to their circumstances.”

—Paula Dressel, Race Matters Institute 1

equality
A city cuts the budget for 25 community centers by reducing the operational hours for all centers by the same amount at the same times.

equity
The city determines which times and how many hours communities actually need to use their community centers and reduces hours for centers that aren’t used as frequently.

or

equality

A community meeting, where all members of the community are invited, about a local environmental health concern is held in English though English is not the primary language for 25% of the residents.

equity

Examples of EquityThe community leaders hire translators to attend the meeting or offer an additional meeting held in another language.

or

equality

Examples of EqualityAll public schools in a community have computer labs with the same number of computers and hours of operation during school hours.

equity

Examples of EquityComputer labs in lower income neighborhoods have more computers and printers, as well as longer hours of operation, as some students don’t have access to computers or internet at home.

do they have it wrong? or can you refer to a seminal article?

what makes the equity approach "marxist?" (not that i consider that to be bad)

in the cases abovr there are circumstances in which either solution, or a combination may be appropriate.

No citations. No authorship. Not even a date on your "articles." If you had actually done the 40 years of research you claimed, then you would have some idea of an authoritative source.
I have nothing to prove to you little girl. Understand that. So when you've done something more in life then let a bunch of morons pump you up into getting embarrassed, come talk.

Forum List

Back