Trump says he'd raise tax by 45%, then denies it

Toro

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2005
Surfing the Oceans of Liquidity
Trump said he'd raise tariffs on China by 45%. He then denied he said it, even though his remarks were on tape.

Donald Trump would impose a 45 percent tariff on Chinese imports if he were president, the Republican poll leader says in new audio published by The New York Times late Thursday.

“I would tax China coming in — products coming in,” Trump says. “I would do a tariff, and they do it to us. We have to be smart.”

Throughout the four-minute exchange of audio released by The New York Times editorial board, Trump maintains that he’s a “free trader” and loves free trade. “But it’s got to be reasonably fair,” he says of a tariff on Chinese goods. “I would do a tax, and the tax — let me tell you what the tax should be: The tax should be 45 percent. That would be a tax that would be an equivalent to some of the kind of, you know, devaluations that they’ve done. They cannot believe that we haven’t done this yet.”

The release of the audio comes after Trump twice this week denied having said those remarks. “I don’t even know where the 45 percent came from,” he told Fox Business anchor Neil Cavuto on Tuesday.​

There's no doubt Trump, like Hillary Is a liar. He is also the, to steal a whine from G5000, the biggest RINO in the race.

Unfortunately name calling trumps reality this election cycle

You Leftists and Progs are really getting desperate, aren't you? You got a corrupt, outright liar and a Commie running on your side and have no choice but to attack everybody else.

Truly sad. :crybaby:

Does that mean Trump's clothing line is going to be 45% more expensive? lol

Every time I have heard him talking about tariffs on china, it would be a response to them if they didn't quit manipulating their currency
Makes me wonder if the content was edited.. They have a history you know..

Every time I have heard him talking about tariffs on china, it would be a response to them if they didn't quit manipulating their currency
No one is manipulating their currency more than we are.

China's yuan is no longer undervalued, says the IMF.

For more than a decade, China’s taken a verbal beating from other countries for keeping its currency unfairly cheap. Those days might finally be over. The yuan (a.k.a. the renminbi) is no longer undervalued, the International Monetary Fund’s Markus Rodlauer said earlier today, while also urging Chinese leaders to allow the currency to trade more freely.

Press Release: IMF Staff Completes the 2015 Article IV Consultation Mission to China

IT WAS ON TAPE.

Trump flat out denied it. Trump is LYING

IT WAS ON TAPE.

The last time they got caught editing content was ON TAPE
I am simply stating when he talks about Chinese tariffs, it is a punch back for currency manipulation.
He very well could have fucked up.

IT WAS ON TAPE.

I am simply stating when he talks about Chinese tariffs, it is a punch back for currency manipulation.
I've listened to the tape. Have you? Based on your questions in this thread you have not. Therefore I draw a conclusion from available information and you draw your conclusion from, guesswork? Blind fanboyism?

IT WAS ON TAPE.

I've listened to the tape. Have you? Based on your questions in this thread you have not. Therefore I draw a conclusion from available information and you draw your conclusion from, guesswork? Blind fanboyism?
"what would you do as president to put pressure on china"
then he answered. It isn't too far off from what he has been saying all along. Even before that "negotiation" was mentioned a few times..
I just listened to it. I do not think the video was edited...

IT WAS ON TAPE.

"what would you do as president to put pressure on china"
then he answered. It isn't too far off from what he has been saying all along. Even before that "negotiation" was mentioned a few times..
I just listened to it. I do not think the video was edited...
You know something else Trump is a bullshitter on? New York values.

There is an interview with Tim Russert where TRUMP proclaims that he's not sure how he would be viewed in Iowa because he has NEW YORK VALUES & not Iowa values.

Number one, whether he said it or not, there should be high tariffs on many Chinese products.
China has been dumping products on the U.S. market for decades resulting in numerous closures and shutdowns of U.S. manufacturing plants. And the government takes DECADES to do anything about it - and the reason is very simple...because investors and the banking elite make more money when China dumps because they put private U.S. companies out of business where there is zero money to be made by the investor class.

Number one, whether he said it or not, there should be high tariffs on many Chinese products.
China has been dumping products on the U.S. market for decades resulting in numerous closures and shutdowns of U.S. manufacturing plants. And the government takes DECADES to do anything about it - and the reason is very simple...because investors and the banking elite make more money when China dumps because they put private U.S. companies out of business where there is zero money to be made by the investor class.

Us trade deficit with China is the highest in the world.
Trade gap is about 80%
Why shouldn't we do something?

Forum List

Back