Trump says Medal of Freedom is better than the Medal of Honor

Trump stated he did not want disabled vets in a military parade because people would be uncomfortable seeing them

'God Help Us'; Former Chief of Staff Says Trump Insulted Wounded Soldiers, Called Dead Soldiers 'Suckers'.

What can I add that has not already been said?” Kelly wrote in a statement to CNN anchor Jake Tapper. “A person that did not want to be seen in the presence of military amputees because ‘it doesn’t look good for me.’ A person who demonstrated open contempt for a Gold Star family — for all Gold Star families — on TV during the 2016 campaign, and rants that our most precious heroes who gave their lives in America’s defense are ‘losers’ and wouldn’t visit their graves in France.”

Kelly’s statement backed up years of reporting in outlets like The Atlantic and books by New Yorker and New York Times journalists. One story, reported by The Atlantic in 2020, described an incident in 2018 when Trump, while visiting France, said he didn’t want to visit the graves of American soldiers buried outside Paris because they were ‘losers.’ Kelly’s statement confirmed the reporting on Monday.

Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” Trump reportedly said according to The Atlantic, later calling the 1,800 Marines killed during the bloody Battle of Belleau Wood “suckers” for dying in action. Before serving in the Trump administration, Kelly was a general in the Marine Corps. The Battle of Belleau Wood is considered to be a foundational chapter in Marine mythology.

Shady Vance found himself having to defend Bone Spur's comment.

This is a guy who served in the Marines and used to say Trump was America's Hitler.

One more Republican weasel drops to his knees and fellates Trump's little mushroom cock.

Veteran of Foreign Wars Chief Slams Trump For 'Asinine' Dismissal of Medal of Honor.

The national commander of Veterans of Foreign Wars on Friday denounced former President Donald Trump's comments that appeared to demean Medal of Honor recipients.

"On Thursday, former President Donald Trump spoke at an event where he made some flippant remarks about the Medal of Honor and the heroes who have received it," Al Lipphardt said in a statement. "These asinine comments not only diminish the significance of our nation’s highest award for valor, but also crassly characterizes the sacrifices of those who have risked their lives above and beyond the call of duty."

"When a candidate to serve as our military's commander-in-chief so brazenly dismisses the valor and reverence symbolized by the Medal of Honor and those who have earned it, I must question whether they would discharge their responsibilities to our men and women in uniform with the seriousness and discernment necessary for such a powerful position," Lipphardt said. "It is even more disappointing when these comments come from a man who already served in this noble office and should frankly already know better."

Forum List

Back