Trump starting to sell off our National Parks

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Wants to privatize campgrounds and turn them into for profit enterprises

Privatized campsites? Many fear prices could skyrocket

U.S. Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke says government shouldn’t be in the business of running campgrounds, so he wants to turn national park campsites over to private businesses.

A handful of companies already run campsites, lodging and concessions throughout the U.S. park system, but some fear widespread privatization could make recreation and camping prohibitively expensive in Western states.

Environmental groups say Zinke’s idea is in keeping with the Trump administration’s push to turn public resources over to private entities, as well as to increase privatization of public services, from toll booths and air-traffic control to prisons.

Last edited:
The National Parks are a gem that past generations of Americans have handed down to us to cherish and preserve

Trump looks at them as a way for his buddies to make a quick buck

So much for the states income. I guess he will also privatize the lottery next.

U.S. Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke says government shouldn’t be in the business of running campgrounds, so he wants to turn national park campsites over to private businesses.

A handful of companies already run campsites, lodging and concessions throughout the U.S. park system, but some fear widespread privatization could make recreation and camping prohibitively expensive in Western states.

Environmental groups say Zinke’s idea is in keeping with the Trump administration’s push to turn public resources over to private entities, as well as to increase privatization of public services, from toll booths and air-traffic control to prisons.

I love the woods.

However, I also know the government fawks up everything it touches due to the lack of market forces.

I also know without protection the land gets raped based on companies passing off all the costs they can to society.

In PA, state campgrounds keep the private campgrounds in business due to a pet and alcohol ban. The private campgrounds are usually nicer. The State campgrounds have the benefit of being in the heart of the action.

LushbaughRunCheckerboard10-2005B.jpg

I love the woods.

However, I also know the government fawks up everything it touches due to the lack of market forces.

I also know without protection the land gets raped based on companies passing off all the costs they can to society.

In PA, state campgrounds keep the private campgrounds in business due to a pet and alcohol ban. The private campgrounds are usually nicer. The State campgrounds have the benefit of being in the heart of the action.

View attachment 132747
Can you imagine that with the government downsizing, that there would be less taxes needed to keep the bloat going? More people would have more money then, and could spend it in parks and recreation? Of course it is the poor that don't pay taxes that don't get the rewards, but then they keep voting for the same people who keep them poor.

I love the woods.

National Parks is something the Government does well

Our National Parks are nothing short of spectacular. Tens of millions of Americans use them every year and they provide a low cost experience on a not for profit basis. Selling off the more lucrative venues of the parks on a for profit basis will reduce access for common Americans. Private campgrounds are nicer but they can cost you $50 or more a night

The thread title is very misleading, basically a lie.

Trump isn't selling our National Parks.

U.S. Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke wants to privatize the campground concessions.

I have no problem with that. ..... :cool:

Trump will whore out anything for a quick buck. Sickening to see.
Sorry but that was the Clintons.
Oh boy how deep in your head are the Clintons? What percentage of every day do you spend obsessing over them? Good grief. :rolleyes:
Clinton Approves Technology Transfer to China
The Clinton Administration notified Congress today that it had approved the export of technology to China to permit the launching of a communications satellite aboard a Chinese rocket next month.
China missiles couldn't hit shit until this happened.
The truth about the Hillary Clinton-Russia-Uranium 'scandal'
In addition, Bill Clinton was paid $500,000 in 2010 to give a speech to a Russian bank with ties to the Russian government. The U.S. government eventually approved the deal in 2010.
I really do hate you, you sorry ass liberals. It is because of your thinking that the world is in the mess that it is, as usual.

View attachment 132749
Lol reeeeaaaaaaally deep I see :laugh:

Oh boy how deep in your head are the Clintons? What percentage of every day do you spend obsessing over them? Good grief. :rolleyes:
yea, not like people don't harp on trumps every move. to say someone is obsessing about someone and you don't look at yourself and go TRUMP! is amazing to me.

you do it as much as they do.

yea, not like people don't harp on trumps every move. to say someone is obsessing about someone and you don't look at yourself and go TRUMP! is amazing to me.

Trump is in power ass-raping the nation. While the Clintons are now nothing. Big difference there, buddy.

Trump is in power ass-raping the nation. While the Clintons are now nothing. Big difference there, buddy.
obsession is obsession. you know, like your mouth watering when he tweets something cause it give you fresh "bitch" material.

Federal government has no right to own them.

The thread title is very misleading, basically a lie.

Trump isn't selling our National Parks.

U.S. Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke wants to privatize the campground concessions.

I have no problem with that. ..... :cool:

Yes...that is part of selling them off
Selling them to the highest bidder on a "for profit" basis
No, they don't have to buy up the land. That would cost too much. Better to just sell them the profit making capabilities

So the thread title is nothing but a lie, typical regressive. :lame2:

Last edited:

obsession is obsession. you know, like your mouth watering when he tweets something cause it give you fresh "bitch" material.
Wrong, dummy. The Clintons are a memory. Saying it's okay for Trump to do bad things is fine because the Clintons did is a stupid argument.

Clinton Approves Technology Transfer to China
The Clinton Administration notified Congress today that it had approved the export of technology to China to permit the launching of a communications satellite aboard a Chinese rocket next month.
China missiles couldn't hit shit until this happened.
The truth about the Hillary Clinton-Russia-Uranium 'scandal'
In addition, Bill Clinton was paid $500,000 in 2010 to give a speech to a Russian bank with ties to the Russian government. The U.S. government eventually approved the deal in 2010.
I really do hate you, you sorry ass liberals. It is because of your thinking that the world is in the mess that it is, as usual.

View attachment 132749
Lol reeeeaaaaaaally deep I see :laugh:
I just pray that the missile technology that China got from Bill, given to North Korea, ends up in San Fransicko with the nuclear material that ended up going to Iran. That would be a teachable moment for the liberals, who think that their politicians are for the little people. When millions of liberals end up dead do to the NWO and population reduction, it will be a good start.
A conservative hoping for the nuclear destruction of one of our nation's greatest cities... I guess we should expect that from you deplorable scum

I love the woods.

National Parks is something the Government does well

Our National Parks are nothing short of spectacular. Tens of millions of Americans use them every year and they provide a low cost experience on a not for profit basis. Selling off the more lucrative venues of the parks on a for profit basis will reduce access for common Americans. Private campgrounds are nicer but they can cost you $50 or more a night

You will never convince me the government does anything well - I have seen far to much graft, theft, corruption, theft, to ever believe that.

So the campgrounds are not provided at cost or cost plus? Rather at a subsidized loss?

My guess is that is that Parks employees are compensated far beyond what the market dictates for those positions.
For example: In PA we have state liquor stores. Clerks average 70K a year with killer pensions and benefits.....

I can not speak for national parks, but in PA private campgrounds are extremely competitive.

Forum List

Back