Trump starting to sell off our National Parks

So, how many people need to go to Central Park and camp out there?

Doesn't matter. The park is well run and the management company makes money on the concessions it runs in the park

The same thing can work in National Parks.

Saying it won't is knee jerk at best.

We have a dire problem with our National parks so we either raise taxes to cover the 10 billion dollars in repairs needed and keep taxes up to fund the parks or we can do what we used to do and allow logging in the parks to get the revenue needed. OR we can establish a public private partnership to do it.

So we either have to close parks and campgrounds as they become more deteriorated or fix the fucking problem

I didn't say it wouldn't "work", that's not the point. It's WHO it works for is the point. You increase the costs and then all of a sudden it only benefits... wait... get this, it benefits the RICH, yeah, what a shocker, Trump doing things to BENEFIT THE RICH once again. The working man's guy, bullshit is he.

Well, I'm sure there are people who would like the parks to spend more money, but, er... Trump defunded them.

FYI almost half of US Forest Service lands are privately operated and are just as busy as ever and you know why?

Because they are cleaner, better maintained and provide better customer focus than those places run by government employees

Okay, and what does this have to do with this topic?
It IS the topic

you think private management of national parks is wrong

We're talking about private management of the campsites within the park...

It already costs 10 to 20 a night now for a tent. Thats cheap.

Yes, that's the point. If the costs increase by 5 fold, then how many people aren't going to be able to go to National Parks and enjoy?

Xanterra runs lodging and concessions at yellowstone. They are a private holding company and a tentsite costs 16 dollars. What are you arguing about? A majority of national parks and national forests already contract out.

allow me to channel the Weirdo

WHAT!!!???

I am fucking outraged that a family has to pay 16 dollars a night to sleep on the ground. Do you know how many families can't afford 16 dollars a night? DO YOU? Only those rich assholes can afford that!!!!!

Why do you hate poor people?

Let's channel Skull Pilot

"I can afford to go to the parks, so everyone can afford it. If I can do it, everyone can do it"

Anyone can afford it if they simply save their money for a vacation

Oh, yes, the old "I can do it, so everyone else can too".

Doesn't matter. The park is well run and the management company makes money on the concessions it runs in the park

The same thing can work in National Parks.

Saying it won't is knee jerk at best.

We have a dire problem with our National parks so we either raise taxes to cover the 10 billion dollars in repairs needed and keep taxes up to fund the parks or we can do what we used to do and allow logging in the parks to get the revenue needed. OR we can establish a public private partnership to do it.

So we either have to close parks and campgrounds as they become more deteriorated or fix the fucking problem

I didn't say it wouldn't "work", that's not the point. It's WHO it works for is the point. You increase the costs and then all of a sudden it only benefits... wait... get this, it benefits the RICH, yeah, what a shocker, Trump doing things to BENEFIT THE RICH once again. The working man's guy, bullshit is he.

Well, I'm sure there are people who would like the parks to spend more money, but, er... Trump defunded them.

FYI almost half of US Forest Service lands are privately operated and are just as busy as ever and you know why?

Because they are cleaner, better maintained and provide better customer focus than those places run by government employees

Okay, and what does this have to do with this topic?
It IS the topic

you think private management of national parks is wrong

We're talking about private management of the campsites within the park...

and?

you think private management is evil we get it

IMO the whole shebang should be privately run the parks would still be owned by the country and wouldn't cost the taxpayers a dime

Yes, that's the point. If the costs increase by 5 fold, then how many people aren't going to be able to go to National Parks and enjoy?

Xanterra runs lodging and concessions at yellowstone. They are a private holding company and a tentsite costs 16 dollars. What are you arguing about? A majority of national parks and national forests already contract out.

allow me to channel the Weirdo

WHAT!!!???

I am fucking outraged that a family has to pay 16 dollars a night to sleep on the ground. Do you know how many families can't afford 16 dollars a night? DO YOU? Only those rich assholes can afford that!!!!!

Why do you hate poor people?

Let's channel Skull Pilot

"I can afford to go to the parks, so everyone can afford it. If I can do it, everyone can do it"

Anyone can afford it if they simply save their money for a vacation

Oh, yes, the old "I can do it, so everyone else can too".

Yes no one can afford 25 a night for a camping trip even if they save up for it

and why do you think people have to travel for a vacation every single year? why not plan and save for 2 years. That's what we did when we backpacked through Glacier.

Forum List

Back