Trump starting to sell off our National Parks

The only thing that was done to it was the mandate was taken away. Other than that it's the same as it was from day one. Democrats own this one.
Nope you rubes also destroyed funding for high risk pools and sabotaged Medicaid expansion. And you have never worked to improve the bill and also prevented others from doing so. Now you are in total and complete control of what happens. Doing nothing or full repeal will result in 10's of millions losing healthcare. Passing Trumpcare will cost 10's of millions of people their healthcare. You could always repair the damage you did to the ACA, but that would be putting country before party. So can't have that.

The ball's in your court, dummy.
You're an idiot, you say do nothing and millions lose insurance, but if republicans do something millions lose insurance. You own obamacare it was set up to fail, it will cost you in 2018. This is your little bitch boys special bill, and it's a failure. Just like his presidency.
Republicans owe providing something better than Obamacare.
They have been promising for eight years
Democrats passed obamacare, why didn't they do it right the first time?

It is the best universal healthcare system ever passed

If not, Why can't Republicans give us something better?
Then why is it failing? Why should republicans replace something that none voted for?

Wants to privatize campgrounds and turn them into for profit enterprises

Privatized campsites? Many fear prices could skyrocket

U.S. Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke says government shouldn’t be in the business of running campgrounds, so he wants to turn national park campsites over to private businesses.

A handful of companies already run campsites, lodging and concessions throughout the U.S. park system, but some fear widespread privatization could make recreation and camping prohibitively expensive in Western states.

Environmental groups say Zinke’s idea is in keeping with the Trump administration’s push to turn public resources over to private entities, as well as to increase privatization of public services, from toll booths and air-traffic control to prisons.

He really doesn't get it, does he? He lives in the city, goes to golf courses, thinks exercise is for idiots.

How to destroy a country 101.
Trump looks at our majestic parks and thinks...........where could I put a golf course?

Yes, he said in his state of the union address that the US was a very, very, very beautiful place, and he seems to want to destroy that beauty.

A handful of companies already run campsites, lodging and concessions throughout the U.S. park system, but some fear widespread privatization could make recreation and camping prohibitively expensive in Western states.

So, in other words....

1. There is nothing new here - it is already being done.

2. It is already being done without 'making recreation and camping prohibitively expensive' ... but snowflakes are engaging in fear-mongering to spread more needless hate for a man who isn't doing something that isn't already being done.

Another new day, another new Fake News, whiny butt-hurt thread.

Nope you rubes also destroyed funding for high risk pools and sabotaged Medicaid expansion. And you have never worked to improve the bill and also prevented others from doing so. Now you are in total and complete control of what happens. Doing nothing or full repeal will result in 10's of millions losing healthcare. Passing Trumpcare will cost 10's of millions of people their healthcare. You could always repair the damage you did to the ACA, but that would be putting country before party. So can't have that.

The ball's in your court, dummy.
You're an idiot, you say do nothing and millions lose insurance, but if republicans do something millions lose insurance. You own obamacare it was set up to fail, it will cost you in 2018. This is your little bitch boys special bill, and it's a failure. Just like his presidency.

Then why is it failing? Why should republicans replace something that none voted for?

It is only failing in red states

I wonder why?

It is only failing in red states

I wonder why?
Lol, you're delusional. Obamacare is failing period, like pelosi said. We need to pass it to find out what is in it. You blindly followed that bullshit. You own this failure and it will haunt you in 2018.

U.S. Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke says government shouldn’t be in the business of running campgrounds, so he wants to turn national park campsites over to private businesses.

Environmental groups say Zinke’s idea is in keeping with the Trump administration’s push to turn public resources over to private entities, as well as to increase privatization of public services, from toll booths and air-traffic control to prisons.

He really doesn't get it, does he? He lives in the city, goes to golf courses, thinks exercise is for idiots.

Trump looks at our majestic parks and thinks...........where could I put a golf course?

Yes, he said in his state of the union address that the US was a very, very, very beautiful place, and he seems to want to destroy that beauty.

Really?

How much do you want to bet parks will be cleaner and better run than they are now?

Really?

How much do you want to bet parks will be cleaner and better run than they are now?

Well, not the parks, but the camp sites. But then again people can go to private camp sites if they want expensive and super clean.

But yes, maybe the parks will also be cleaner, simply because people can't afford to go there. So what's the point of a park if a lot of people are priced out of them?

Really?

Well, not the parks, but the camp sites. But then again people can go to private camp sites if they want expensive and super clean.

But yes, maybe the parks will also be cleaner, simply because people can't afford to go there. So what's the point of a park if a lot of people are priced out of them?

Yeah I'm sure the prices are going to be thousands of times more expensive.

10 or 20 bucks more isn't going to stop anyone from going to a national park

yes the parks are so well run now

U.S. raises entrance fees for some national parks

Half of all paved roads in the national park system have been designated as in fair to poor condition. More than two dozen bridges need repair, as do more than one-third of the hiking trails — some 6,700 miles, according to the agency.

IOW you get what you pay for.

Now how many people who would whine about a price increase in a National Park have no problem spending 100 bucks a head to get into Disney?

Really?

Actually it will.

that's 10 or 20 bucks a night. Take a trip of 10 days and that's 100 or 200 bucks.

I know how to travel cheaply because I couldn't afford to travel any other way. But many people can only afford one holiday a year, and they're going to be priced out of national parks.

Really?

Actually it will.

that's 10 or 20 bucks a night. Take a trip of 10 days and that's 100 or 200 bucks.

I know how to travel cheaply because I couldn't afford to travel any other way. But many people can only afford one holiday a year, and they're going to be priced out of national parks.

No.

You can get a pass that allows you into any park in than country for less than 100 bucks. if that price rises to 150 that's a mere $1 more a week to save up for your annual vacation

Really?

Actually it will.

No.

You can get a pass that allows you into any park in than country for less than 100 bucks. if that price rises to 150 that's a mere $1 more a week to save up for your annual vacation

It's not the pass we're talking about, it's the accommodation.

Really?

Actually it will.

No.

Even if the price rises it will still be cheaper than private campgrounds and if you can't save an extra couple bucks a week for your vacation then shorten your stay by a day or two.

As it is now our parks are a disaster crumbling roads and trails in disrepair shoddy facilities etc

so we either raise the prices in order to affect repairs and basic maintenance or we remove all facilities and let the parks revert to their natural state and allow people to visit the land as it should be

Actually it will.

No.

Even if the price rises it will still be cheaper than private campgrounds and if you can't save an extra couple bucks a week for your vacation than shorten your stay.

As it is now our parks are a disaster crumbling roads and trails in disrepair shoddy facilities etc

so we either raise the prices in order to affect repairs and basic maintenance or we remove all facilities and let the parks revert to their natural state and allow people to visit the land as it should be

No, it won't be cheaper than private campgrounds because it WILL BE PRIVATE CAMPGROUNDS. Do you know what is being spoken about here?

Camping - Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Yellowstone camp grounds.

From $24.50 a night (does not include tax) reservable and from $15 a night non-reservable, first come first served. It's $30 to enter the park with a car, $15 on foot.

Custom Camping - Evergreen Lodge

This is for a private campsite in Yosemite. $100-$135 a night.

Campsite Availability Calendar - CRANE FLAT, CA - Recreation.gov

Here you can see that these camp sites fill up and stay filled up for months in advance. That's a commercial dream, you can up the prices until you get 75% accommodation filled. Which means current prices will rise massively.

You're looking at $26 a night in Yosemite at this particular place, prices are harder to find. But that's about $75 a night cheaper.

That would mean in a week you're looking at $180 a week for a family, going up to $700-$1000 a week for a family. That's a BIG difference. Now, these private camp sites are competing with the National Park campsites. If you get rid of those, then prices will rise even more.

You want people to cut their trip short if they can't afford it? What, drive a day to get to a national park, stay one day, see nothing, then go home because BAAAAAHHHHHHHHH YOU'RE FUCKING POOR, GO BACK TO YOUR CITIES SCUMBAGS?????

Yeah, that's what Trump's America is, you live in a beautiful country that is FOR SALE.

Actually it will.

No.

Even if the price rises it will still be cheaper than private campgrounds and if you can't save an extra couple bucks a week for your vacation than shorten your stay.

No, it won't be cheaper than private campgrounds because it WILL BE PRIVATE CAMPGROUNDS. Do you know what is being spoken about here?

Camping - Yellowstone National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Yellowstone camp grounds.

From $24.50 a night (does not include tax) reservable and from $15 a night non-reservable, first come first served. It's $30 to enter the park with a car, $15 on foot.

Custom Camping - Evergreen Lodge

This is for a private campsite in Yosemite. $100-$135 a night.

Campsite Availability Calendar - CRANE FLAT, CA - Recreation.gov

Here you can see that these camp sites fill up and stay filled up for months in advance. That's a commercial dream, you can up the prices until you get 75% accommodation filled. Which means current prices will rise massively.

You're looking at $26 a night in Yosemite at this particular place, prices are harder to find. But that's about $75 a night cheaper.

That would mean in a week you're looking at $180 a week for a family, going up to $700-$1000 a week for a family. That's a BIG difference. Now, these private camp sites are competing with the National Park campsites. If you get rid of those, then prices will rise even more.

You want people to cut their trip short if they can't afford it? What, drive a day to get to a national park, stay one day, see nothing, then go home because BAAAAAHHHHHHHHH YOU'RE FUCKING POOR, GO BACK TO YOUR CITIES SCUMBAGS?????

Yeah, that's what Trump's America is, you live in a beautiful country that is FOR SALE.

The local KOA sites go for 44 a night for tents more for RVs. And you're talking about 10 day stays in your last post so what if it's cut to 8 days because people can't save up an extra 50 bucks over a year"

So tell me what do you want?

Parks in piss poor condition because of the 10 billion dollar repair and maintenance back log or parks in good repair that cost a couple bucks more to enter?

And you don't know how much the prices will rise so don't think you do. They can't go higher than any other private campground in the area if they want to stay viable. If they do then people will stay outside the park and then just pay the 5 day entry fee.

You can't have it both ways.

Private management of state parks has had great success in this country. FYI Central park in NYC is under private management.

http://reason.org/files/state_parks_privatization.pdf

A park operation PPP would transfer the responsibility of maintaining a state park to a private
operator, while enabling that operator to raise revenue through entrance and other fees. This is far
from a new concept. Private, for-profit recreation management companies currently operate over
half of the U.S. Forest Service’s (USFS) thousands of developed recreation areas (e.g.,
campgrounds, day use areas) nationwide under “whole-park” concession agreements. Colorado,
California, Oregon and Washington each have over 100 USFS recreation areas and campgrounds

operated by private concessionaires, with most other western states like Arizona, New Mexico and
Nevada each having dozens under private operation as well.

What ultimately does the park service do now? They don't run concessions. Research in the parks is done mostly by universities. Maintenance and roadwork is all contracted out. In Yellowstone xanterra already runs the concessions there and they are private. Tentsites and RV sites are reasonable.

Forum List

Back