Trump: Susan B. Anthony to Get Posthumous Pardon

President Trump announced Tuesday morning he will give a posthumous pardon to Susan B. Anthony, one of history's biggest figures in the women's suffrage movement.

The announcement came 100 years to the day after the 1920 ratification of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote.

Anthony, a strong anti-slavery pioneer who died in 1906, had been arrested in 1872 for violating laws that had permitted only men to vote in the Presidential election.

She was then indicted, tried and convicted for voting illegally and sentenced to pay a fine of $100 and court costs.

Another historical act from this historical President.

This will surely upset our Leftist friends.

Is he going to give her family back the $100 she paid with interest?
Why don't you go take care of that for us.

Many people in poverty are there because of their so called "representatives" ....

Right. It has nothing to do with their own choices in life
If your poor and are forced in public schools with the Worlds stupid That can’t speak English and then when you graduate you got to compete with the worlds stupid And can’t speak English yeah I would say it’s more policy than it is life choices

Last edited:
They are not exactly known for making changes. They keep on electing the same disastrous Democrats, election after election.

They keep electing Democrats that promise them the biggest welfare check.

You underestimate the corruption in these big blue run areas.

Actually I like the "Starship Trooper" political model. Service guarantees citizenship. Prove that you are willing to sacrifice for your country and then you can become a voting citizen.
Unfortunately ....

Life is not a movie.

This would only push more Leftist into the Military which would be disastrous.

We all saw what happened to the Military under B. Hussein's reign.

Think of all the chances Democrat presidents had to pardon Ms. Anthony but refused to do so. Worse - didn't even think of it.

Any woman who votes for any Democrat should get a choice:

1. Never vote again - you don't want the vote.
2. Get trans-gender surgery 'cause you ain't no woman.

President Trump announced Tuesday morning he will give a posthumous pardon to Susan B. Anthony, one of history's biggest figures in the women's suffrage movement.

The announcement came 100 years to the day after the 1920 ratification of the 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote.

Anthony, a strong anti-slavery pioneer who died in 1906, had been arrested in 1872 for violating laws that had permitted only men to vote in the Presidential election.

She was then indicted, tried and convicted for voting illegally and sentenced to pay a fine of $100 and court costs.

Is he going to give her family back the $100 she paid with interest?
Why don't you go take care of that for us.

The government are the ones responsible for it. Without proper restitution, a pardon like this, at this point, is nothing but a political stunt. Remember this is also the same President that canceled putting Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill. The measurement of a person is a collection of their actions and their meaningfulness.

I liked it when our Founding Fathers had it so that only land owing White men could vote.
I wish it was only land owners but I dont care about gender or race.
You need to have skin in the game, imo.
"When people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic"
As we have seen play out.

Well some own without owning land, but I would be fine if only property owners decided property tax rates.

And then they made many roadblocks for anyone to vote even after 1920, white wealthy women not so much,

but black women & men and poor people were suppressed and they still are today.

And then they made many roadblocks for anyone to vote even after 1920, white wealthy women not so much,

but black women & men and poor people were suppressed and they still are today.
Democrats put up numerous "road blocks" for minorities over the last 100 plus years .....

The government are the ones responsible for it. Without proper restitution, a pardon like this, at this point, is nothing but a political stunt. Remember this is also the same President that canceled putting Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill. The measurement of a person is a collection of their actions and their meaningfulness.
*snicker*

Please explain what your delusional "proper restitution" would consist of.

*snicker*

Please explain what your delusional "proper restitution" would consist of.

I already did. Give back the $100 plus interest to the family. It is a whole $1,360 today.
1597766282823.png

The real reason for the pardon is that she was a racist and anti choice

The real reason for the pardon is that she was a racist and anti choice
She was racist in the same way that Fredrick Douglas hated woman because he wanted black men to have the right to vote over women.
How about that?
You blithering idiot

Without proper restitution, a pardon like this, at this point, is nothing but a political stunt.

What would constitute "proper restitution" for you?

Remember this is also the same President that canceled putting Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill.

What business would Tubman have being on a $20 bill? Hell, if she was on it, vermin thugs would riot and burn down our cities because she wasn't on the $50 bill. In fact, I remember one douchebag, on one of the liberal networks, whining that putting her on a $20 bill would be an act of racism, for no other reason than the $20 bill isn't the highest denomination bill we have. He insisted it should be the $100 bill...

Without proper restitution, a pardon like this, at this point, is nothing but a political stunt.

What would constitute "proper restitution" for you?

Remember this is also the same President that canceled putting Harriet Tubman on the $20 bill.

What business would Tubman have being on a $20 bill? Hell, if she was on it, vermin thugs would riot and burn down our cities because she wasn't on the $50 bill. In fact, I remember one douchebag, on one of the liberal networks, whining that putting her on a $20 bill would be an act of racism, for no other reason than the $20 bill isn't the highest denomination bill we have. He insisted it should be the $100 bill...

I've already posted twice in this thread what I said was proper restitution. Why SHOULDN'T she be on the $20 bill? We put Sacagawea on the $1 coin without any negative issues. All the jibberish you posted is just noise where you are looking for excuses to defend Trump's actions. If people were going to seriously complain, it would have happened at the initial announcement, not when it came out.

Forum List

Back