Trump: Tax the 1%ers

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
SOURCE

"Trump, who at the time was considering a run for president under the Reform Party, proposed a one-time tax on individuals and trusts with a worth of $10 million or more. Trump said the one-time tax of 14.25 percent would raise $5.7 trillion and wipe out the debt."

I think Trump has a good idea here. This policy could cause a flurry of economic activity IMO. However it may be tough to get through congress when so many congresscritters got their hands in deep pockets.

What do you guys think?[/COLOR]

DJT should know. He is one of them.

However with his huge NOL carryforward he does not need to worry about taxes. He will probably never pay any.

He is the opposite of Mitt Romney -- Romney makes a fortune in stock sales and only pays 14% tax on it all.

DJT has lost a fortune and has loss carryforwards to last him the rest of his life.

So I think his taxation of the 1%-er's simply goes back to pre-Reagan days when the tax rates were as high as 70% on passive income and 50% on earned income.

Damn you're smart Akmed. You must be Persian then. Or at the very least Pakistani.

:D

Bad idea, and it would open up Pandora's box. Are we really to believe the government would only try something like this one time?!

SOURCE

"Trump, who at the time was considering a run for president under the Reform Party, proposed a one-time tax on individuals and trusts with a worth of $10 million or more. Trump said the one-time tax of 14.25 percent would raise $5.7 trillion and wipe out the debt."

I think Trump has a good idea here. This policy could cause a flurry of economic activity IMO. However it may be tough to get through congress when so many congresscritters got their hands in deep pockets.

That was Then. This is now. HAIL TRUMP

Bad idea, and it would open up Pandora's box. Are we really to believe the government would only try something like this one time?!
You did not give any justifications for your worthless opinion.

Try again ... .

SOURCE

Well, I think you are living in a cardboard box under an expressway overpass, and have somehow found an internet connection.

everyone knows damn well what Trump said doesn't count. It was either a suggestion, locker room talk, or fake media reporting.

You did not give any justifications for your worthless opinion.

Try again ... .

Listen asshole just because the worthless government ran up the debt doesn't give them the right to confiscate from other people to pay the tab. They do it once and they'll never stop doing it. Not to mention the debt is 20 trillion, so no, it wouldn't erase the debt. Dumbass.

SOURCE

Well, I think you are living in a cardboard box under an expressway overpass, and have somehow found an internet connection.
Actually, I live in a regular little old house with a serious guitar infestation.

SOURCE

I think that is communism light. In other words, stealing.

"Trump, who at the time was considering a run for president under the Reform Party, proposed __________

Stop right there, because that could be filled in with any position on anything at all and probably still be true.

As to idea itself, this will never happen short of some immediate, catastrophic fiscal situation, especially with Republicans in control.

Forum List

Back